“Need to improve housekeeping!”
Review of The Belair

The Belair
Ranked #565 of 670 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed at The Belair for two days and a night during our recent visit to the "Garden" city. The hotel is conveniently located to some of the IT offices in the Marathahalli area. The hotel property is relatively new, however there isn't much to do in the hotel other than to have a meal and take rest. There is a small fitness center which we did not get a chance to use because of our busy schedule. The complementary breakfast spread is pretty decent.

Cons: The housekeeping service needs to be greatly improved. The bathroom and toilets need better hygiene. The toilet was not flushed after being previously used. The first thing we had to do after entering our room was call the reception desk to get our toilets cleaned and wait for half hour for someone to show up - something which we did not appreciate after an overnight journey.

Near the hotel: There are good eating joints and restaurants within walking distance, for those who fancy to taste the local delicacies. There are shopping marts and pharmacies in the vicinity. There is a flower shop nearby if you want to take a basket of flowers for your office desk or get a bouquet for a special someone. We did not get a chance to explore the night life options located near the hotel, but I believe there is a sports-bar located right across the hotel. The bus stop is located within 2 minute walking distance with buses that can take you to Whitefield where most IT offices are located, or to Bangalore city.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the uppermost floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Was staying in the hotel since my stay was arranged there by the company. Got food poisoning after eating mexican chicken salad and hyderbadi ghost biryani. This happened on the night of 23 Oct'13. The receptionist didn't even bother to send someone or call when I called them as I was having severe vomiting. Soon after I was suffering from diarrhea. Not well even as I write this review. Avoid it at all cost.
I could not sleep the whole night. In the morning I was hoping that I will atleast get some decent breakfast, to get some energy in my body. But man, I was extremely disappointed. A local breakfast seemed much better. A three star hotel? Are you kidding me.
I am going to make sure I spread this message as much as possible. Will write it on few other rating sides. Terrible people and service.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank kushlesh k
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I am pleasantly surprised towards my stay in the belair. When my office book my room in this hotel, i was a little worried coz previously i had stayed in the fortune only. But as this is very near to my office, they booked me here..I was taken aback by the standard of the room..It was very spacious with all the facilities that fortune gave me..and the price..Only 3000 Bucks per night..unbelievable deal..

The only thing they can do to improve is offer more verities in the breakfast..(Eggs were not there). But definitlly it is a value for money for any business traveller..and to top it the sports bar is just opposite..so u need not worry to travel to a bar after a day's hard work..

Room Tip: Go for the executive rooms..
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Room Tip: 3rd Class Rooms with Lots of Mosquitoes, Dust, Non-Hot Water etc. etc.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Arun G
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is the first time I stayed at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised. It is a fairly priced hotel offering clean rooms. Staff is friendly and courteous.
I had booked the hotel online for 1st June, however received a confirmation stating my booking is for 31st May. Getting this corrected was a bit of an hassle as had to call up the back office as the staff at hotel front desk did not have the rights to do so. Having said that the hotel manager Mr Ashok was very helpful to clear this confusion and ensured I had a good stay.

Room Service was a little slow.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank travelmonti
Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was nice experience staying in Belair Hotel. Breakfast was gud with lot many variety and same for dinner meal option. A good budgeted hotel option.
Staff was helpful.
Only parking was a issue,no secured parking available.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
2  Thank Mitalee C
Reviewed September 2, 2013

i stayed in this hotel in the month of Apr 2013 for 4 nights, the check in was quick and easy, room was spacious, bed is not so comfy, washroom need to be more clean and room floor are bit dirty.The towels provided are old with some stains,i told them to replace these towels, i got better towels after replacement.
The breakfast provided is not so good, not in taste or choice, they serve breakfast near the pool in open area, so lot of flies around the food. The food ordered in room was OK in taste.
The best thing in the hotel was the spacious pool facing room and privacy.The complementary WiFi is good and fast.

Room Tip: Pool facing Room
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo