“Not a good Hotel to Stay”
Review of Woodlands Hotel

Woodlands Hotel
Ranked #266 of 668 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is not a good hotel to stay, as the people are not courteous enough. They commit something and deliver different.
Hotel is a big property in Bangalore and food is excellent, other than this dont feel it as a good hotel to stay.

Water will not properly come in Rooms, toilets are not very clean, etc....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ponnambalam
There are newer reviews for Woodlands Hotel

Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and my inlaws used to frequent this hotel and when we went to Bangalore in Jan'12,insisted that we should stay here.Right from the time we checked in ,we started facing problems.We arrived after a tiring drive from chennai with two small kids at 10:30PM.The hotel reception staff mercilessly made us run from pillar to post as he said he doesnt have any rooms.My husband was very furious as we had already made reservation.Finally after alloting our room the reception staff sounded so unhappy with us!!!The room was spacious but was stinking.The bathroom had cigerette buds and was not clean.We ordered food and the same was delievred to us after 1 hr.It was the same useless reception staff with a nasty attitude who answered our call when we enquired about the delay.When my husband said that will complain to the senior management the staff was rude and asked to us to do whatever we want!!We escalated to the hotel manager and came to our room to sort out the issue and offered his apologies.
The only console was that the food was good.The rest of the experience was so bitter that we will definitely not come back to this GODFORSAKEN place!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SRSHOBA
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed in the hotel from Friday Aug 17,2012 to Sunday Aug 19, 2012 as part of CA group for a conference. It was a different experience for me. Once a laudable hotel now gone to seed. Right from checkin to the hotel rooms, it has a seedy and rundown atmosphere. Bath towels are in strands, bathroom fittings do not work, food horrible in Woody's, wash basin placed in toilet in the Woody's restaurent, which has obviously not been cleaned for days together and smells, and you are forced to rinse your mouth after coming out of the toilet-washbasin. I am sorry, but I will never go to Woodlands again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank vselvarajfca
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed at Woodlands, Bangalore over a weekend for attending a wedding. The property is located close to Richmond Circle, an important landmark at the heart of Bangalore.

Woodlands Hotel can boast of a large campus with various types of accommodation (cottages, suites, rooms at the single-storey annexe or a typical high-rise hotel block) and ample parking space. Added to this, three or four types & sizes of halls make the hotel a real hot property as the marriage venue. For the wedding we had attended, all the folks from both the groom & bride’s sides could be accommodated in the hotel for the wedding spreading over three days.

The ‘Standard AC’ room, we were allotted to, was basic…the electrical & plumbing fittings, furniture, linens all call for gross improvement. The wash basin outlet in the toilet was clogged from the very first day and TV did not function with all our efforts!

The breakfast spread at ‘Sunheri’ restaurant was adequate with juice, milk & cornflakes, bread & accompaniments and at least 2-3 varieties of South Indian dishes. The vegetarian meals served during the marriage were quite sumptuous too.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travel-travail
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is an old property and is in the heart of the city. Rooms are very spacious and can accomodate an entire family comfortably. However, the maintenance is not very good and the hotel definitely needs a change. Rooms, bathroom, lenin and towels are not up to the mark. Quite expensive for the quality. Has lot of parking space. Food is fine in the restaurant that is inside the hotel. There is a Woodys restaurant within the hotel premises which is hopeless. Very expensive, quality of food is bad, service is horrible. Overall would not really recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sharad K
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I have stayed at the Woodlands a number of times over the past few years. While not in the class of newer properties that have come up around the area, Woodlands draws customers for its spacious rooms, quality food, affordable rates and prime location. I have always enjoyed a good night's sleep and helpful staff here, although some of them lack polish.

This is a property I will certainly consider when I have work in central Bangalore again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Good experience overall (except for the problems, see below).
Car park is huge, the reason I love this hotel.
Rooms are spacious.
Check-in/Check-out is 24 hours which is very useful to me.

Problem 1: I had booked my room one month in advance through their website which gives a discount. I had also confirmed by phone twice before arriving at the Hotel. On arriving late at night after a tiring twelve hour car drive, I was given a room but was told that I have to pay again since my earlier advance payment was 'Declined'. I spent a sleepless night. In the morning things were sorted out and my earlier advance payment was accepted. Bad experience.

Problem 2: When Checking out I found Rs.171 extra charged to my bill, which was taken back after I pointed it out.

I will stay here again, but 1)Never book through their website 2)Check all the bills when checking-out.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family