“Keep expectations low and you will be satisfied”
Review of OYO 4292 Woodlands

and 1 more site!
OYO 4292 Woodlands
Ranked #231 of 693 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I have stayed at the Woodlands a number of times over the past few years. While not in the class of newer properties that have come up around the area, Woodlands draws customers for its spacious rooms, quality food, affordable rates and prime location. I have always enjoyed a good night's sleep and helpful staff here, although some of them lack polish.

This is a property I will certainly consider when I have work in central Bangalore again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Good experience overall (except for the problems, see below).
Car park is huge, the reason I love this hotel.
Rooms are spacious.
Check-in/Check-out is 24 hours which is very useful to me.

Problem 1: I had booked my room one month in advance through their website which gives a discount. I had also confirmed by phone twice before arriving at the Hotel. On arriving late at night after a tiring twelve hour car drive, I was given a room but was told that I have to pay again since my earlier advance payment was 'Declined'. I spent a sleepless night. In the morning things were sorted out and my earlier advance payment was accepted. Bad experience.

Problem 2: When Checking out I found Rs.171 extra charged to my bill, which was taken back after I pointed it out.

I will stay here again, but 1)Never book through their website 2)Check all the bills when checking-out.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank vaiviv
Reviewed April 9, 2012

WOODLAND HOTEL, BANGALORE, STAY AT THEIR THAT IS WASTE OF MONEY , TODAY ITSELF 0N 9TH ARRIVED AT 7.30 MORN, RECEPTIONist Mr. Murthy has called room boy after twenty minutes to show the room where well in advance was booked and have waited near by car with luggage, as no one secuirty fellow was present near entrace for care, when comes to room, surprised A/C was out of order and even their room boy has stated that since last 15 days it is out of order even after complaint to manager by their crew staff.
My self has complaint by arount 7.45 hrs for the same and after meeting to V.P. of Hotel, after two hours same repaired in five minutes but during that time more than seven times remind to concerned reception counter and room services but result null.
Even I may angered for Bed and also toilet tissue paper, by night 12.30 has provided tissue while was informed by 23.00 hrs.
Also comes to know that refrigerator are in room but I think that to be worked in and only winter season as found the same in working conditioned but not cooling ?

DO NOT STAY EVEN HOTEL OFFER FOR FREE STAY AND NEVER COME WITH FAMILY AND IF COMES BE READY FOR FIGHTING AND COMPLAINTING WELL IN ADVANCE AS NO ONE CAN TAKE CARE FOR INSPECTION OF ROOM BEFORE ALLOTMENT TO CUSTOMER.
R/V. P., YOUR RESPONSE IS QUITE GOOD, GOOD AND GOOD BUT STAFF ARE VERY VERY.....WORST...REQUIRED SURPRISED VISIT TO ROOM AT FREQUENT INTERVALS PERSONALLY BY YOU ONLY.

.....DEEPAK SHETH RAJKOT: ROOM No. 25 09.04.2012

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank ESDYCEE
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Stayed in Hotel Woodlands, Bengaluru, for two nights in Jan 2012, to attend a friend's wedding.

Booked it thru the hotel website. The website offered a discount for online booking. Booking was straight forward and quite simple.

Check-in was a breeze. We were allotted a room in the 'B' Block which is set separately from the main tower. Had lunch in the hotel restaurant Sunheri, which is in the lobby level in the main block. The South Indian meal was sumptuous, hot and tasty.

The next morning, there was an unpleasant surprise in the toilet with water trickling from the taps. Even after calls to the Housekeeping the situation did not improve. I managed to collect enough water in the bucket and have a bath. However, my friends in the adjacent room were not so lucky. They were then shifted to the tower block to an alternate room.

Complimentary Breakfast in Sunheri was ok, with a variety of south Indian dishes + Bread and Corn Flakes.

When I returned to my room later in the day, the toilet situation had been set right.

Woodlands still uses window A/c, which means there is a constant loud hum.

The TV had decent selection of channels. However the quality of reception in some of the channels was poor.

Woodlands has generous parking space and is in the center of the city. Bengaluru being Bengaluru, most of the roads are one-way. So you need to take a circuitous route to get back to the hotel.

Check-out was simple and straight forward with no surprises in the bill.

Bengaluru is an expensive city. So Woodlands with its location, offers excellent value for its tariff, notwithstanding minor issues.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank diwa
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I checked in at 6.00 am with my wife and ordered for Coffe and tea and after having our beverage went to bed for a brief nap. The door bell rang and 6.30 and the room service guy was there asking for the flask!!!! I was annoyed as we were tired and hd the "Do NOT DISTURB" sign turned on. The guy said it was the hotel policy to take back the flask after 15 minutes!!!! I have been around the world and no where have I faced this kind of a situation.
Exactly the same situation and same incident at 6.30 PM too, this inspite of me clearly saying that we were not to be bothered and that I will leave the flask outside once we were done. The worst was yet to follow!!. The second time around the bell rang and same question on the flask this AFTER we had left the flask ouside and it was removed!!! What kind of system do they have? The worst was yet to come! This time I called up and was supposed to be connected to the manager who had left for the day, but never got connected. Later I got to speak to the Vice President who was supposed to be staying in the Hotel. He justified the action of their staff though he had no answer as to why room service rang the bell after I had left the flask outside and after it was removed. He promised that no will ring the bell again. Next morning at 6.30 AM the door bell rings and this time the guy asks me if I was checking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This after I had made it very very clear that I was staying for two days!!! And you know what, when I ckecked out, I was charged for the two phone calls that was supposed to be made to the manager of the hotel to whom I was to complain!!! That I never got connected to the manager at all and yet charged for the two calls is adding insult to injury!!! The saving grace was the good food. It was indeed tasty and the best of the lot was the breakfast. I will never go back even if my stay was complimentary or they pay for my trip back and forth. Possibly the worst stay I have ever had all my life!

Room Tip: If I were you, I would never stay in this hotel as the attitude of the room service people and above...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank MKAAKM
vpjes, Vice President at OYO 4292 Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Feedback is often received in the form of complaints, suggestions, praise, advise on how to run the property, comparisons with other hotels that Guests have enjoyed and personal mention of individual employees who have delighted our Guests.
All of the above are brought to the notice of the owner(s) and every effort is made to accommodate each individual Guest's requirements. Over the past five decades, countless Guests have left delighted and become repeat customers. We also have a loyal group of second and third generation customers who delight in the "Woodlands" experience.
It would appear that in this case, we have failed to live up to the expectation of our all important customer. Besides expressing our regret, we will work towards further personalising our services to the continue with our traditional service.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

I had attended a reception on 12th February at Krishna hall in Woodlands Richmond circle (next to ramanashree). Needless to say, the food was terrible, Rumali roti was cut into small rolls and 2 rolls were given to each guest. When i asked for more, he gave it with a hesitation. Ice cream slice was cut into 2 and given. Jamuns were over by the time i reached the counter. When asked, he asked me to wait and got some other sweet after 15 mins.

Most horrible part was the spoons, which was not cleaned at all. I had to change 10-12 spoons to get a neat one.

I had decided not to recommend anyone for this hotel at all.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank msvariar

We are very pleased that the efforts made by various organisations have led to a general awareness of the need not to waste food. This coupled by the added awareness that excess and ostentatious behaviour are no longer seen as symbols of social standing have increased the number of Guests who wish to join this enlightened strata of society.
While no guest is refused or turned away from a second helping, we do face situations where the Host underestimates the number of Guests expected and certain items run short. However we do make every effort to cover the shortage (as mentioned by the Guest himself) but like everything else, it does take some time.
For our part, we apologise for any short coming as perceived by the Guest. We also firmly pledge to continue to support the efforts of reducing wastage and the problem of excess.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

This is a hotel, on the outset appearance looks and takes you way back to the 80's where construction of high rise buildings was the norm and looks didnt matter much.

But, wait till you check in. The amazingly affordable rates will kick right in making you wonder what the rooms must be like?

And when you enter those rooms ? Each room has a fantastic sit out balcony. Huge rooms, i mean H U G E.

Staff at the counter, wonderful. Hotel staff the typical old guys but cheerful and happy.

The toilets in the hotel room, nothing to rave about but, clean and basic, i mean very basic. Colour of the tiles may just put you off, but, the room and service and balcony et all, will make you forget about the loo altogether.

Complimentary breakfast is good, typical south indian dishes, no non veg and not even egg, this may bore you to hell if you are there for a few days, or else, live up and enjoy the space.

Don't forget to take small stroll at the back of this hotel, towards the side to the back early in the morning, you will actually be lost in the enormity of the space and the area that the hotel occupies along with the chill and nip in the air in the morning, making you feel you are at a hill station, not bangalore. I guarantee that. This will also make you relax and take a small stroll after your meal or breakfast.

The hotel itself has a fabulous, VEG ONLY restaurant near the front gate, WOODYS, you have to try out the food there, its amazing and the manager a nice little round and chirpy guy can swear and guarantee every new dish HE INTRODUCES to you, try it out, you wont regret, the guy knows his stuff.

Overall if you get out from here, MG road and all other great places like UB city etc, not even 15 minutes away, infact you can walk it to UB CITY, fabulous place around.

Room Tip: ROOMS at the back of the hotel are quiet, unless there is some construction work nearby. Take these...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business