“Good place for an authentic Persian treat”
Review of Sufi Restaurant - CLOSED

Sufi Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Koramangala
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have been here some three times for dinner and the experience just got better. One should note that the food served here is persian ( not tweaked persian ) and may not suit to many a palate.

The ambiance is great and spacious with relaxed seating. You can just lie down and relax and wait for some good food. I have had some kebabs, bread items, rice and happy with all of them. Not a great place if you are looking for desserts.. The best thing here is service. They accommodate customers with the warmth and affection that is the best appetizer known to me so far.

1  Thank MohdImtiyaz
There are newer reviews for Sufi Restaurant

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Heard of a Persian restaurant so wanted to try it out with my family. Although the price was more than average, the quality of food was worth the price.
Try the Chole-Ravinder. It is on the drier side, no gravy at all, but would go down nicely if you order Doorg alongside.

1  Thank Ambarish2012
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I must say that being in Bangalore, I was unaware of this place though I do thrive around Koramangla almost twice weekly. It was a old friends meet that was planned but we never had a set place for food in mind. The previous night, we ran through our list of options in Zomato and wanted something close by to my office near Dairy circle. It was pure coincidence of looking at the link for Sufi Restaurant (exactly above Hotel Empire, Koramangla) and it said they serve Persian. I had never had Persian food before so I thought, we can try it as unbelievably it fit our budget too.

Now let me come straight to the point. The food is simply great. I always know that Persian food is a bit on the blant side, which means less spice as must as I love to eat spicy food. Unbelievably, I have to agree that Persian food is so tasty and unimaginably creative I too I felt. I can only think of just one thing and that is to compliment the staff and the management @ Sufi to have recreated such a lovely menu of the Persian cuisine. I do not have a memory of the names of the dishes I had, but we ordered about 6-7 items and everything that was served to us was nothing less then excellent.

Quickly to summarize, if you are someone who likes to try new food on your plate, Sufi @ Koramangla is one such place that you should not miss. I am sure you will need a bed soon to snooze on after their menu gets to your mind. It is pure authentic Persian experience on the lines of food at least.

Have a great time

2  Thank IfteqarHaleem
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Sufi is located in the dining heart of Koramangala. Just above Empire . It was an interesting experience to say the least. Its a large restaurant with a confused decor. I think the designer didn't want to go the whole hog wih the persian interior. So it ends up with a mix of a bit Indian & a bit persian. But I think that they've kept the authenticity of the food . From the crowd it looks a hit with the Iranian people. Its different to the Indian palate. We ordered Kabab e Logmeh ( chicken ) & Joojeh kabab raan ( mutton ) & a Persian naan. Basically they are two different kinds of Kababs . The meat was succulent but a little sweet to taste. There was absolutely no gravy so the naan was a little difficult to eat . However the manager noticed our discomfort & brought us a bowl of Lamb shanks gravy. This too was nice but a little sweet. It doesn't have the richness of an indian curry or the spices to match. The meat is the king in their dishes & not much else. Personally I thought it was too pricey & not value for money & I wouldn't go back but I would recommend a one visit. At least to try it out & know what Persian cuisine is all about. Vegetarians better give this place a miss.

2  Thank Sunil99
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We tried the Koobideh and Logmeh kebabs with Persian nan. Both the kebabs were very juicy and succulent. The portions were not bad and would suffice for two. Décor was excellent and authentic Persian. Service was not bad. A bit pricey though along with (service charge and the VAT).
Overall I would recommend this restaurant to anybody visiting the vicinity of this area.

1  Thank George S