“An oasis in a hectic place”
Review of The Paul Bangalore

The Paul Bangalore
Ranked #13 of 730 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Bangalore is a very hectic place. The Paul is off the main road and is very peaceful. I cannot begin to tell you how nice it is to come back to a peaceful place where the staff is friendly.

The rooms are huge, and the wait staff is outstanding. I really like how the staff is attentive without being in your face.

I've stayed at other prominent hotels in Bangalore (which I now regret), and I'll always ask for the Paul when I stay there from now on.

My only complaint was that the pool wasn't heated. I could swim in it, but not for too long. On the other hand, I felt extremely invigorated when I got out. The steam room and gym are wonderful.

Very highly recommended.

Room Tip: They're all good in my opinion. You might consider getting a room that doesn't face the inne...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Paul K
The_Paul_Bangalore, General Manager at The Paul Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Sir

We thank you for opting to stay at The Paul Bangalore where you always “Stay Ahead” with all the space to relax, refresh, and be pampered in a serene environment. Here, you stay in the heart of city and yet away from the hustle and bustle of Bangalore city.

We are glad to know that you loved our suites which are most spacious in the city, gym, steam, sauna and Jacuzzi. Our F&B service team is also thrilled to receive your encouraging feedback. As you rightly observed, we dedicate our efforts to maintaining world-class standards while constantly providing personal service without intruding on privacy.

I have also taken good note of your feedback about swimming pool.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. I recommend you to visit our spa Ayurmana this time, it is worth it.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

The hotel is nice and the rooms are also.
The service is quite pathetic and very slow.
Being such a good hotel two disappointing:
1) Poor f&b service
2) Swimming pool is not temperature controlled
The staff is quite new and they don't have experienced staff.
It took me around 1 hour to check out, and to settle the bills I had to manually work on them and the discounts as the person forgot to apply the required offer as commit ed to us.

Room Tip: good for business travelers.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nikesh_Vassa
The_Paul_Bangalore, Director of Sales at The Paul Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Mr. Vassa

Thank you for encouraging words regarding our hotel and suites where style and elegance reigns in tune with immense living space as each suite enjoys innumerable luxurious accessories.

I first of all would like to apologize for inconveniences caused due to delay in check-out process. I have taken good note of all your comments and updated your profile to ensure a swift check-in and check-out experience for your future visits.

We take pride in our level and quality of F&B service and attention to detail, but clearly we were not up to standards on your stay. Please be assured your experience was certainly not reflective of our usual standard of service and I do apologise for the inconvenience. Your feedback has been shared with the relevant department heads and I assure you of an immediate improvement.

I recommend you to visit our Mughlai restaurant “Masala Dani” next this time, it is worth it.

Our team and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel.

warm regards,

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have always preferred staying at the better known properties in the City and was quite sceptical when my admin booked me at The Paul. Although I'd heard that this is from the Kumarakom Resort Group, the name somehow didn't suggest the amazing experience it was about to provide. Boy! did this hotel sweep me off my feet. My scepticism gave way to an amazing feeling as soon as I entered the lobby. Very tastefully made. The lobby seems to have been just the begining, the rooms made me think as to why I didn't come here earlier. I have not found such amazing rooms at any other similar hotels in the city. The space, the beds the shower the bath tub everything is a notch above the rest. And if you love sea food - Wembanad...easily the best in seafood in Bangalore!
Great Hotel!!! Keep it up guys!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Gaurav19

Dear Gaurav

Thank you for opting to stay at The Paul Bangalore where you always “Stay Ahead” with all the space to relax, refresh, and be pampered. As you rightly said, we are brought to you by The Paul Resorts & Hotels Pvt. Ltd. - creators of the multi-award winning “Kumarakom Lake Resort”.

We are glad to know that you loved our aesthetically designed atrium lobby, suites which are most spacious in the city, sleep comfort, shower quality and sea food at our three times award winning restaurant “Vembanad”.

We dedicate our efforts to maintaining world-class standards while constantly providing personal service without intruding on privacy. We strive hard to assure fond memories of a memorable stay.

Our team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for your forthcoming extended stay this month. I recommend you to visit our spa Ayurmana this time, it is worth it.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is a nice hotel for a reasonable price. Has good restaurants assuming that you are ready to experiment with different choices/tastes. The room/suite is comfortable and spacious enough. If they had a microwave and an iron box, those would have been good additions.
This place is slightly interior from the main road, so no traffic noise. I am not sure how easy to
get taxi. The breakfast choices were pretty good. They have wireless internet but be clear
to include this in your room tariff while booking itself.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your delightful feedback about our suites where you always “Stay Ahead” with all the space to relax, refresh, and be pampered. Our chefs and F&B service team members are thrilled to know that they succeeded in winning your heart with their culinary arts and service we are known for.

I have taken good note of your suggestions about iron box/board and microwave. We always strive to take an extra step and modulate our facilities to match your needs best. You will be glad to know that we do offer, on request, an iron box/board, microwave, toaster, French-press coffee machine or any other little thing which can make your stay better. We request you to enquire for the same during your next visit and we will be more than happy to deliver the same.

When you are at The Paul Bangalore, all the conveniences are within your reach. Taxi/cars are just a call away as we have 24 hours travel desk you can make use of.

Please contact me for your next requirement and I will be glad to work out your suite tariff inclusive of Wi-Fi and internet usage.

Our team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. I recommend you to visit our spa Ayurmana this time, it is worth it.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

excellent hotel from all points of view. the food was the best. the room was excellent. the area was very good. the reception was very plitlely.
The room was allwas clean. the servive in the dining hall was perfect and the happy hour was very goog.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
The_Paul_Bangalore, General Manager at The Paul Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Sir

We thank you for appreciating the hospitality, efforts and skills of our front office, housekeeping and culinary team. They are thrilled to know that we succeeded in winning your heart with our services we are known for.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Very good, very friendly staff, g
reat resturant with very big wesyern menu. The rooms are very big and very very clean. Fills like home. Every request fullfill immediatly with a smile. Great hotel, best value for money.

• Stayed: January 2013
The_Paul_Bangalore, General Manager at The Paul Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Yadid

We thank you for opting to stay at The Paul Bangalore where you always “Stay Ahead” with all the space to relax, refresh, and be pampered. We are glad that you liked our spacious suites which are carefully conceived and designed to offer unlimited luxury to the discerning travellers like you.

Our culinary team is thrilled to know that we succeeded in winning your heart with our food and services we are highly admired for. Also, I thank you for appreciating our cheerful front office team and putting their lovely picture on tripadvisor.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

When my company first booked me to this hotel, i thought that it may be like any other hotel. But the moment i entered the hotel my view changed.

This is a awesome hotel for personal and business users. Mostly there were business guys when i was there. The lobby Ambience is good.

The rooms are very spacious neat and there are fruits provided in the welcome basket. They also offered me complimentary breakfast.

About dining there are 2 hotels, North India and South India, i tried the south indian one and the taste was authentic. There were many tourist from other nations also enjoying the food.

Overall if you are in Bengaluru and looking for good accommodation i would recommend you stay at the Paul.

Room Tip: Make sure you try the breakfast and the dining hotels on the south and north wing.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
The_Paul_Bangalore, General Manager at The Paul Bangalore, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Mr. Iyer

Thank you for opting to stay at The Paul Bangalore where you always “Stay Ahead” with all the space to relax, refresh, and be pampered. We are glad to know that you loved our aesthetically designed atrium lobby, suites which are the most spacious in the city, in-room amenities and food at our three times award winning restaurant “Vembanad”. It gives our chefs immense pleasure to know that you enjoyed your meal at Vembanad.

Our team and I look forward to welcoming you back. I recommend you to visit our Mughlai & North Indian restaurant “Masala Dani” this time. Biryani, tandoor delicacies and dessert are worth it.