“A GREAT EXPERIENCE IN A PERFECT PLACE”

AyurvedaGram Heritage Wellness Centre
Ranked #10 of 863 Specialty Lodging in Bengaluru
Reviewed October 25, 2013

To be in Ayurvedagram was one of the best experience that my sister and i had. We were 5 months there and we find in this place the peace and the kindness of each of the persons who work there,making us feel in house
My sister was with a critical picture of arthritis but with the massages,therapies and phisiotheraphy that ,the doctors,(Dr Manmohan ,and Dr Natasha)therapist (Karthu,Anu, Ninu, Vizor,Jodhie )and phisioterapist (Dinesh )gave to her , she improve a lot ,now we are of the Ayurvedagram in our country with her better and with the desire of being forward
Ayurvedagram offer to her the nesessary treatments in order that she could better,the Administration office( Lalita , Vinay,Indira Sindu),always helping us ,the persons in the Kitchen,always worry about us with the menú(Ambridge, Srivas,Libin,all the boys there) ,the laundry,the housekeepers who each morning came to our room with a beautiful smile ,the gardeners always keeping the flowers beautiful ,Mr Kannan who help us a lot to my sister can go out and all the drivers , Mr Daniel always asking what we need …all of you and our dear Ranger ,the lovely dog who was with us until the last day, they all helped that she improves. From here we give them the infinte graces for everything received
The clases of yoga,pranayama and meditación help us a lot specially to me ,thanks to the very good masters ¡!!
Thanks all of you..Ayurvedagram is the best place wher you can find the peace and healing  We hoppe back one day again ..is the best place to be!!! ..God bless you all of you.Love you and miss you

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank SilviaEgusquiza

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I visited Ayurvedagram from Cochin for 14 nights for weight loss after exploring the weight loss programs of a couple of other residential health retreats in Bangalore because I liked the Bangalore weather. This one looked the most authentic. I lost around 7 kg and more important they kind of altered my mindset re food and exercise besides giving me stuff I could carry on doing even after I left them. They are not a show-sha place, just very cultured and authentic, very passionate about what they do. The rooms are comfortable though where they haven't refurbished the rooms can look shabby. The refurbished Heritage rooms are really good looking however. Actually their showpiece is their people: they are warm, smiling, eager to help. The lower levels often don't speak English and I think this is something which Ayurvedagram needs to fix through teaching. They have an amazing Yoga teacher who goes way beyond just physical asanas and actually gives you new ways of dealing with stresses and strains. If you can't take only vegetarian and only Indian food then you will have a problem with the diet which is pure vegetarian, low on salt and spices and very tasty . I believe they allow some non-veg in cases where it is medically required. Their therapies are excellent : true Kerala ayurveda. All in all a good experience. Price wise nowhere near the exorbitant Soukya but not cheap either.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank m_ramu
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Hi there...I've chosen to rewrite my orginal review which was very positive because in fact my experience turned out to be extremely negative after my first week of staying at AyurvedaGram, although I had already paid for a 14 day stay. They claim that they do monsoon panchakarma like in Kerala, HOWEVER, being an ayurvedic practitioner myself, i can tell you this is NOT the case. First off, monsoon in kerala is VERY different from Monsoon in whitefield, where it is pretty cold, and after treatments walking outside with wet hair actually makes the patients sick. And not to mention, some of those treatments should not be given in such cool climates. On a positive note, the food is very good, unless your doctor puts you on his own diet plan which is actually not a very ayurvedic plan at all. You should be a bit more assertive in what your needs are, and feel free to refuse food that is not cooked according to the plan. All was well in the beginning when a fewer number of patients were taken and they received a lump sum of money from you as a new patient. Then, when they started taking on too many patients, and hurrying through treatments, and not communicating effectively with the therapists, or skipping on treatments, or giving wrong medications which were having a reverse effect...then my time there was not so good. SLEEP QUALITY was VERY POOR IN MY ROOM, and the mattress too soft for me. The temple was too loud nearby all night, so all in all, very bad for my already scoliotic back and insomnia! I must say, the yoga teacher is EXCELLENT, but make sure he knows what your needs are before you push yourself to do everything he says. Pranayama and meditation also excellent. I also met some great people during the stay and the atmosphere is Stunning, very peaceful and clean. Rooms were also quite lovely, but make sure they are cleaning it thoroughly. All in all, they need more experience, and it would help if it wasn't run by a business man who really doesn't know all that much about ayurveda.

Room Tip: The rooms with the outdoor glass bathrooms are great, but opt for a room close to the yoga studio fo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank radharani9
Reviewed April 28, 2013

AyurvedaGram is truly a magical place. I went here to treat a chronic health problem and ended up coming away with so much more. There is such positive energy with everyone, from your doctor who you meet with twice a day, to the treatment staff, to the head of the kitchen who greets you every meal. You do not feel like you are being pampered at a spa. The experience is much more wholesome. The yoga and meditation classes were definitely a highlight for me and I spent some extra time working individually with one of the teachers to figure out a personalized routine I could continue after coming home. I would love to return to AyurvedaGram someday.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank wilycomet
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Another special (my third) experience at AyurvedaGram (the place has a great aura of peace) - like before great, re-energizing and relaxing.
Booking directly via e-mail and pick-up from the airport (in the middle of the night) worked smoothly. The driver was there and drove us app. 1h to the hotel, we were shown our room and the lagguage was instantly brought to our room.
The consultation with the senior doctor on the next day was very thourough and he recommended the individual treatment. The other doctor stopped by once or twice a day to check on us, make sure we were reacting all right to the treatment and made neccessary changes to the treatment plan.
The therapists pick you up at your house/room for each treatment & escort you to the Treatment Center where you can enjoy the wonderful massages etc.!
The Yoga teachers are great and knowledgeable (sessions are slighly different every day and they are there for you to show you indiv. excercises based on your needs/health challenges).
I would recommend to stay minimum 10 days, better 14 in order to get the full benefit of the treatment (e.g. detox).
The food is very nice (all vegetarian), the restaurant staff is friendly and attentive.
Even better this time - the cooks were very nice, they explained the recipes and answered our questions in "how to do?" and "which ingredients do you need to add...?".
Don't miss to ask for a "tour" around the organinic garden, where they grow the vegies and fruit for the meals.
Three times Yoga a day (excercises, breathing, meditation), walks in the garden and the treatments keep you busy and give you a holistic re-energizing experience (so you really don't need to turn on the TV in your room that offers indian and english speaking programs).

Room Tip: Great room is #6 as it has a wooden ceiling and hence climate control is easier, the "Poets cot...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank WLilly
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The moment you enter the gates of the resort, the environment changes to the ambience of Kerala. The typical “Nallukettu Veedu” style and the auburn touch and added to that are Kerala furniture and showpieces which give a very good first impression. But then we were a little taken aback as our service got rescheduled as we didn't report 30 mins in advance which we were not aware of and was not informed. The front desk staff can be a little more polite and friendly with first time / day tour customers. We walked around and waited. But the full body massage + steam was highly rejuvenating. Read more of my travel in rashmisreedharan.blogspot.in/2013/03/ayurveda-treat-at-bangalore

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank rsnbr
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've stayed at Soukya and also taken Ayurvedic packages at the Leela spa, both also Bangalore -however I much prefer the beautiful surroundings and unpretentiousness of Ayuvedagram. It's pricey ( tho nothing like Soukya) but luxury in India is! Thank goodness it does not have separate prices for foreigners!

Room Tip: I've done classic and deluxe-and prefer the latter with courtyard and verandah
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo