“Great value, excellent location, and friendly staff”
Review of Basant Residency

Basant Residency
Basant Residency
Ranked #235 of 726 Hotels in Bengaluru
Reviewed June 13, 2012

My friend suggested that I stay at this place. And was mor than happy with the place. Very close to railway station.. Very friendly staff who went out of way to help you out.. The local food cuisine a great plus as I'm a big fan of the cuisine but don't find it at my place.. All in all good value..

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Dear hotel management,
I woudl like to inform that just now i have booked room in your hotel through www.booking.com and was under the impression that room service and room condition will be better. However after booking one of the review enforcing me to review my booking. I'm very much worried as last review was overseed all other reviews. Hope u can undersatnd my concern and ensure that things wont happen once again like what hppnd to him. If situvation is still not improved / rectfied i hv ample time to cancell my booking without any charges.
Kindly respond to this email, so i wont be in dual mind. Thanks & regards.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for two nights, the room is big but very dark, the location is very near the bus/train station so is very busy, however the hotel is in a quiet street. The bathrooms are in need of refurbishment, there is a bad smell as well coming from it. The service received was very poor, to top it up I asked them to make a reservation for airport taxi, I was told I did not need one, when the time came they said they where going to charge me 200 rs extra because I did not make one! The trying to can tourist like that, so is best to walk out get a rickshaw to take you to 24h taxi stands, there are plenty in the city, in case this happens to you. Beside that it seems that hotel staff works around the clock, so they are always tired and stressed out. There are no big restaurant in the area so the hotel restaurant seem to be a good choice. There are many Lodges in the area, so dont worry if you don't have accomodation booked you can shop around and get a much better deal than this overpriced hotel for at least a third of the price you end up paying if you book this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Manager B, Manager at Basant Residency, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
We are disappointed that your experience during your stay was not as pleasant as you would have liked.
We apologize for the bathroom smell problem as it was the result of many renovation activities happening over the hotel in early April. We faced a couple more similar incidents in the beginning of April but have plugged the activity that led to this and rectified the issue.

About the travel reservation, it is strange that this might have happened because we do not charge an additional fee for reservations even if it is made in the last minute. In fact, we also do not charge cancellations for the same. I will look further into the reasons for this misunderstanding/miscommunication.
Since we are in the center of the city, you will find lodges that are cheaper and other hotels that are more expensive but within our category, we have found that we are one of the more reasonably priced as you can see on various hotel booking sites.
Nevertheless we are very disappointed since there were things in our control that we could have done better to have made your stay better. Despite this, we hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again but if not we apologize for the inconveniences.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

This hotel "Basant Residency", is situated at a very good location, close to the main city bus stands. In this locality you will get all needful things. Good eateries and shops of all kinds nearby this place. Neat and clean hotel with good service and behavior. The rooms could appear to be a bit small but it does well serve the purpose of stay for few days for tourists.
The quality of food was also good. Overall, it was a good experience and I had a nice stay here.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Arijit_Daw
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Very good hotel that I stayed for a couple of days. The authentic local cuisine was the highlight of the place. The restaurant seems to be quite famous for this kind of food. The location is in the centre of the city. Very crowded area with lots of cheap shopping destinations within a minute's walk. The rooms were good and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2011

The hotel is very near to railway station and bus stand (but far way from the new airport - when you are reaching Bengaluru by air, don't select this hotel - you will end up in speding more time on road than air) and very cost effective. You cannot imagine a hotel in Bengaluru for this cost with exception of few hotels, but with all amenities required. This hotel was booked by one of my friend who regularly stays in this hotel. I used to visit Bengaluru very rarely. This time I visited by bus and it took just about 20 minutes from bus terminus. I had a good nap in the morning before I start work. I stayed in this hotel for 2 days and I enjoyed that comfortable stay. Being a regular traveller in India and abroad, I can compare the hotel staff with international hotels leave about the facilities and amenities but still it is worth for the cost.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Marutha
Reviewed December 31, 2008

This is the WORST hotel I have ever stayed at in my life.The management is so very POOR,I had a major problem with the taxi service in the hotel ( I had over $3000.00 worth of damages done) but when speaking to the management in regards to this,I was told that they could not do any-thing.
THEY ARE A DISGRACE.

Alan Billman
Perth
WA

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank alanPerthWa