All reviews vr mall mr rahul waverly room arms pub loft room phoenix market city roof bar temperature controlled swimming pool direct access british era duty manager every evening i highly recommend this hotel amazing hotel special thanks amazing experience long stay
Selected filters
Reviewed July 9, 2017

Stayed here only for a night as Zuri and Four points were fully booked due to an exhibition in Bengaluru. No body including the security staffs at Phoenix knows about this hotel!
A hotel inside the shopping mall. Location of the hotel is the only highlight of this hotel.

I stayed here in Feb 2017 and felt recently opened. They did not have anything properly set up including staffs and reservations! Just one or two people handling everything. Took hours to receive a call back to know the availability.
Breakfast was served inside the mall at a bar! Too expensive and not sure why more than 4 stars rating is provided for this hotel.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Narenniranjan, General Manager at The Waverly Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

Dear FadhilAli,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at The Waverly Hotel and Residences.

First and foremost, please accept my sincere gratitude for your patronage.

It is with sincere regret that I noted your dissatisfaction with our services and facilities. I apologize for the unfortunate circumstances of your recent stay at our hotel and would like to state that this is by no means indicative of the service standards of The Waverly Hotel and Residences.

We are most concerned with the satisfaction of our guests and therefore your feedback is of great value to us. I have personally looked into the concerns highlighted by you and have discussed the same with my team for immediate improvements in the area mentioned. Measures including training and process implementation will take place with immediate effect to avoid issues of this nature in the future.

It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. I would like to reiterate our commitment to high quality standards, and I personally would like to make sure you will experience it during your next stay with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me during your next visit.

Thank You once again for your feedback.

Warm Regards

Naren. N
The Waverly Hotel and Residences.

Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

Good rooms and locality just next to Phoenix Marketcity.. Ease of convenience. And good staff...

Rooms are nice and they hv a good restaurant. This is my second trip at this hotel. The rooms and the theme are more on the European style getting back at th 80's
Must visit fr people fr looking fr a short trip.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Sayed S

Thank you for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor.com

I am pleased to read your review and glad to note your appreciation of The Waverly Hotel and Residences. My team and I are delighted to know of your positive experience with our lovely hotel.

Thank you for appreciating our staff, room and restaurant. Comments such as yours, motivate us to walk that extra mile to ensure the expectations of discerning guests such as yourself are met and exceeded.

Reviewed June 26, 2017

Was at the Waverly for 5 nights at varied time intervals over a period of 2 months.

The hotel is located on the top floors of the VR Mall at Whitefield.We arrived by our own car.Having signages at the entry gate, advising that Waverly has their own parking maybe a good idea.Having this info on the booking confirmations too could go a long way in helping guests.

Just to help others reading this review,this is what you need to do to get into the hotel:

1.If arriving by own car,head to the P1 level of parking and tell the attendant that you need to go to Waverly and they would remove the traffic cones and direct you to the designated parking area for Waverly.There is a hotel security person at the parking and he would call for assistance should you need help with luggage etc.

2.If arriving by yourself in a cab/rickshaw etc,alight at the car entry gate of VR Mall and walk in and you would see the Waverly entrance at the corner.

The Hotel Lobby is in the P3 level of the mall.

Checkin was smooth.The room was well appointed and modern.We stayed in the Waverly Room and the Hamilton Rooms during our stay.We personally found the waverly rooms to be cosier.The Hamilton rooms are just huge with a lot of vacant spaces and an extra sofa,for me there is nothing there in the Hamilton rooms that add value.The idea of having two single beds joined together with a huge wedge in between the two wasnt exactly our idea of a King Bed:)Some of the bathrooms tend to flood due to wrongly sloped floors(not much that can be done for it other than avoid those rooms)But full credit to the Duty Manager for having it sorted out and having rooms shifted at the earliest when it was brought to their notice.The staff at the place is absolutely wonderful.Inroom dining is smart and efficient,not too expensive and the kitchen is ever ready with dishing up whatever isnt there on the menu:)

Service is top-notch,staff is wonderful both at the front office and at the Whitefield Arms (breakfast cafe).Breakfast may get a little monotonous if you are on a long stay as you tend to read the same items over and over again on the menu card:(But the fare on offer is top-notch and tasty indeed.

The pastry that they place in your room in the evenings and the evening turn-down services are cute additions.Something that shows,they are willing to go the extra mile.

Overall a wonderful experience,a nice Business Hotel,yes the tariff is a little steep and am not entirely convinced about it,but then again this is Bengaluru and its a mad mad world when it comes to hotels and tariffs in the city.All-in-All the place is highly reccomended.

PS:The service at the Italian restaurant-Tuscano is awful though and the taste is just about average.You would not miss a thing if you dont try that place out-Ofcourse I am not sure if the restaurant is in any way related to the Waverly management(except for the fact that you can enter the mall through this restaurant), but just an extra bit of information that you could do with.

Disclaimer:The above is only an account of my experiences at the hotel.I guess with hotels its a case of different guests-different expectations:)

Room tip: Choose rooms facing Phoenix Mall.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Narenniranjan, Guest Relations Manager at The Waverly Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

Dear Lifeagain,

Thank you for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor.com

Thank you for appreciating our staff, service, response. Comments such as yours, motivate us to walk that extra mile to ensure the expectations of discerning guests such as yourself are met and exceeded.

Reviewed June 26, 2017

I have stayed in many places across India and so far the customer service, friendliness of the staff, and cleanliness of the rooms at the Waverly have been superior! The best I have stayed in for sure! We were only planning to stay one night but loved it so much we booked a second night!

First of all, this is the CUTEST hotel. From the moment you walk in you feel like you're in a completely different world. It is well decorated and it's extremely quiet considering how close it is to the malls and busy street.

We arrived before check in time and the staff was extremely accommodating. They had one room ready immediately but they let us know another room would be ready later in the day with a better view. We opted for the view and the staff kept our bags safe while we went into the mall to shop and wait for our room.

Our bags were placed in our room for us by the time we got back and they also had little complimentary desserts waiting for us.

Upon arrival the staff also gave us a complimentary voucher for a 20 minute spa treatment at Bounce Salon and Spa.

The rooms were complete with several free water bottles and they had more available should we have needed them.

The breakfast was included and had the classic options. It is served at a pub located in VR mall. The food is decent. (I would love to see The Waverly partner with Toscanos instead of the pub for breakfast as the food and ambience at Toscanos is amazing and more on par with the quality of the hotel in my opinion).

The water pressure in the shower was amazing! It had a great shower head and plenty of super hot water.

The beds were so comfortable and the linens were bright white and super clean.

The location is great having both the VR Mall and Phoenix Market City Mall right there. Starbucks, Toscanos, Chilis and many other restaurants are all in walking distance. The shopping at these two malls is excellent! As two expats it was a treat for us to have H&M, The Gap and many other American shops as well as amazing Indian stores! We did a ton of shopping.

It was rainy and windy during my stay so we didn't get a chance to use the pool but we did check it out and it was very clean and had a great view from the rooftop!

The rooms and hotel are decorated with the famous Bangalore artist Paul Fernandes' work. His prints are colorful and hilarious scenes of Bangalore. We ended up going to his gallery in Cox town (aPaulogy) during our stay so we could buy a print. (very affordable, by the way! 1500-2500 rupees depending on size and frame. That's about $20-$35 USD!).

When it came time to leave, I booked an Uber. The hotel staff gave us water bottles and had us sit in the waiting room while they took our luggage and went off to find our Uber and load the car up for us. It was delightful!

From start to finish, The Waverly impressed me again and again. I definitely recommend staying here and can't wait to come again.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Samantha R

Thank you for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor.com

Thank you for appreciating the staff, service, bed comfort, shower pressure and décor. Comments such as yours, motivate us to walk that extra mile to ensure the expectations of discerning guests such as yourself are met and exceeded.

Reviewed June 8, 2017

Stayed here for a family function. The hotel is attached to the VR Mall. And access to the mall is through one of their restaurants. Check in was smooth. Rooms have a nice imperial decor with ample amenities. Room was clean and well serviced. Breakfast is served in The Whitefield Arms, a retro-piub attached to the hotel and the VR mall. A decent spread of continental and Indian breakfast. Overall, a great business hotel, wonderful staff and ambience.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Narenniranjan, General Manager at The Waverly Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2017

Dear PradeepMumbai_India

Thank you for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor.com

Thank you for appreciating our rooms, cleanliness, breakfast, check-in, ambience and staff attitude.