Hotel Pai Viceroy, Jayanagar
The Elanza Hotel(Bengaluru)
$38
$45
Travelocity
All reviewsvalue for moneyroom serviceexcellent hotelnon vegetarianhotel is locatedsouth bangaloreplace to staybus stopcomfortable stayvegetarian foodrecommend this hotelrooms are cleanexcellent serviceprime locationbudget hotelfront desk staffcomplimentary breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Pai Viceroy is a quiet little hotel in the prime area of Jayanagar. Offers just about everything one can expect - spacious and clean cozy rooms, a good restaurant (vegetarian), free wi-fi internet connectivity and a warm helpful staff. Overall, the hotel does have a Standard. Slightly away from the busy market streets. Pretty near to the bus depot (10-12 minutes walk - one will find good AC buses for airport. Proves much cheaper than Taxi). Bangalore city railway station is 30 min and airport is 1.5 hrs from the hotel (Both including traffic)

Room tariffs are slightly on the higher side but again, it's subjective. They do negotiate a little. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
ajaypai, Owner at Hotel Pai Viceroy, Jayanagar, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you for sharing about your stay. We strive to offer good value for money, and are happy to hear it from you.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

this is my second visit to viceroy,last year i visited this place.this time i noticed some renovations done in the hotel.Reception guys noticed me & treated well.Really i was very happy by the service i got from all.PAI VICEROY is my alltime favourite hotel in bangalore.Hope i will visit again...

Room Tip: suite room
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest, thank you for sharing your stay experience with us.
Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I must admit that i chose a right hotel to stay for couple of days in bangalore in the last week of june 2012. The hospitality is very nice, liked the rooms, more than that the hotel is located in a strategic place which would allow you to access to any major point of bangalore like MG road, Brigage road, Railway station, Electronic city and not the least but beautiful traditional south bangalore shopping complex , markets around.With all this the best part is the attributes of this hotel is calm, serenity and lots of greenery around as they south bangalore best for its garden and parks. Coming to the service very much overwhelmed by the hospitality shown by every staff member, cleanliness maintained i would say thumbs up for that, pretty neat ...Yes i should talk more on this, The Food, Wow is what i could say for the taste of it, great taste, best made for the vegetarians to dine in the restaurant of pai... Thumbs up for the pai hotel for making my stay so nice and would rate excellent :)

Room Tip: Fellow travellers i would recommend you to check this hotel Pai Viceroy as its worth the money you pay. cheers !!!!happy travelling and staying
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Booked 4 rooms for my guests travelling from Delhi/Noida & Chennai during first week on July'12. Room booking was a pain first, I personally visited the hotel & requested the rooms, checked availability, asked them call me back with rate details. No call back in 24 hours, I had to call them back twice again to check this, same thing repeated ( had to talk about the requirement 3 times in total). Finally got hold of a reservation desk rep. (Soumya/Sandhya, dont remember exactly) who was really helpful with this.

Next came the room inspection, I was shown a corner room which was clean & neat, only thing which bothered me & was very interesting was them using a clean white towel as a bathroom mat (on floor, outside the bathroom!!!!!!!!!!!). I have never seen this before during my travel in 10 years, anywhere in India/US/UK. Bathroom shows was small, but decent & clean.

Then came the day of travel when all my office guests checked into the hotel on 4th July'12, 7 women & 4 rooms. I had initially requested them all twin sharing rooms. Guests started complaining about the bathrooms, smell & them being not clean. (EXCEPT THE WHITE TOWEL ON FLOOR). I requested the reservation desk to shift them immediately to better rooms without bothering about the room rent, I was impressed by the lady (soumya/sandhya) & her quick response on this issue. Thats the ONLY ++ point here, NOTHING ELSE.

I had to take the guests out to dinner later in the night, with them being already in bad mood & no rest with bad bathrooms. They declined to go back to hotel after dinner & I had to book rooms for them in LaMarvella (Best Western) near South End Circle at 2am !!!. Front desk guy took exactly 45 mins to clear the bill & made me wait there answering all other calls, except bothering to give me an update. I had women employees waiting outside in cab to go go other hotel, finally he said I had to pay Rs. 15000+ for the couple hours they spent ( calculated full rent, I had already paid 20000 adv.) & they were supposed to pay me back Rs.5000. Asked me to wait for few mins to give cash back, finally said no cash come tomorrow!!!!. I was so damn annoyed, after going thr' all this nonsense & wasting 15000 for that. I declined to go back, asked them to send the cash to my office next day before 4pm IST.
No call back next day, no update, called them after 36 hours, they said it will be sent next day. I was finally fortunate to recv. Rs. 4000+ after they decided to deduct some more !!!. I didnt bother to ask the reasons, was happy to see some cash atleast.
I really DONT suggest you to try this out, instead pay a little more & stay at LaMarvella ( adjacent road) for a better quality/clean room. No complaints against the reservations desk, I guess they are helpless... or NOT.. dont know.

But the pricing was good !! ( if you really feel like going there even after all this!), they gave a 25% discount from the published rate

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank shree81

Dear Guest, sorry for the delay in responding to this feedback. I feel sorry for the trouble you had during your stay, and apologize on behalf of the responsible staff.

Our staff have tried their best by even offering alternate rooms, but you decided to move out. We have made changes in the process followed, and would like to see you back for a better stay experience.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

This is a very good hotel, very well situated and the accomodations are comfortable. The service is attentive and the food is good. Is its location allows the visitor to go to MG road in a five minutes walk, where you can find the best of famous brands in the middle of the authentic indian commerce. The local market in Jayanagar is reached esily from there, and worths a visit. I spent 5 days in Pai Viceroy and was very well impressed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business