“Excellent stay in Leh”
Review of Grand Himalaya

Grand Himalaya
Ranked #54 of 75 Hotels in Leh
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The Grand Himalaya makes an excellent base in Leh. The rooms are big, clean and comfortable, the water is always hot, the staff are very friendly and willing and the hotel is just a stone's throw from the centre of Leh and the Old Palace. When we were dining, the staff were particularly attentive and made sure that we felt welcome and were looked after. The choice of thumping-beat music one evening wasn't so good for eating to, but dd help blot our the noise of an Italian tour group. The other noise hazard (not the hotel's fault) was a regular dawn chorus of most of the stray dogs in Leh, but we got used to that. We'd happily recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank ceriandedmond

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Definitely one of the better hotels at Leh. I was at Leh just a week back,with my parents and we loved this place. All those mentioned in the above comments are definitely services offered without flaw by the management of the hotel.

But apart from all good things, the worst bedding ever. Back aches and weird pains at weird places greet you every morning of your stay. Add to that disturbed and turbulent sleep. But other than that, great food, services, hospitality. And overall a 3.5 star rating is what I would give. It's going o at a while to cross the 4 mark.

Well Done! Keep it up!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sankrit M
Reviewed August 2, 2013

It was my first visit to Leh Ladakh with a group of 20 & I stayed at Grand Himalaya for 4 nights (seems less now)! This property is located at a walking distance from market area. Clean rooms, 24 hours hot running water, amazinngggg food & excellent hospitality is all what this A+ hotel is all about!! This is one of the very few hotels with lift elevator inside. Free access to WiFi (with two backups!) Hotel staff is very friendly & helpful. The staff did their every bit to make it memorable for us!! Be it the arrangement of cultural program, the amazing delicacies or the bonfire.. Every little detail was taken care of!! We had asked for a common seating area for Karaoke game for our group, they offered their presidential suite to us where we had a gala time. I truly appreciate the hospitality!! I visited almost 9 hotels in Leh and this hotel has at par services & staff that can easily beat a 5 star in town side!! They will always greet you with a welcoming smile each time you meet. If I visit Leh again I would only stay in Grand Himalaya (or maybe I will plan to stay only in Leh for a long weekend just to spend quality time with my family at this hotel since this is just an hour away from Delhi by flight) & would recommend the same to the rest. Thank you Zia, Sajid, Dai-ji, Kuldip, Kumar and all the staff for all your efforts put in! If you ever come to Leh, make sure you stay at Grand Himalaya at least once & spend an evening sipping varieties of tea they serve chit chatting with Ziya & Sajid. They make amazing company with the experiences & chats they share..I miss this part the most about my stay here :-) Keep rocking guys!! Thumbs up! :-)

Room Tip: Choose any room, you will get a beautiful view either of Stok or Leh palace or Shanti stupa or the t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank Pranoti N
Reviewed July 31, 2013

One of the best hotels in leh..
We had and Really amazing experience during our stay at this hotel..
The food served is delicious and the chef would cook according to our taste..
The staff is really helpful..
You get a nice view from the balacony..
Must stay here if you are visiting leh

• Stayed: July 2013
10  Thank Sourabh S
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great hospitality , nice food,helping staff ....decent furniture ,clean,spacious rooms with an amazing view from the window,efficient room service ... what else you need while your stay ?!! We really enjoyed our stay n will definitely visit again..!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
11  Thank vaidehi58
Reviewed July 26, 2013

If you visit leh then you should stay here with best food and service.while there I stayed at the Grand Himalaya and was most impressed, my room on the 3rd floor, had wonderful views of the mountains and was situated just below the Palace, there are balconies off the rooms and the staff were more than happy to provide a chair for the balcony. I found myself a little breathless in Leh (as much from the view as from the altitude), I asked the management about the oxygen cafe and they offered me oxygen they had there for guests, I must admit it was great taking oxygen.
All of the staff were very helpful and friendly, the beds very comfortable with great pillows and 24 hour hot water.
The rooms are large, with plenty of room to put down a yoga mat for some yoga.
The owners Zia and Sajid, are very friendly and interesting, they can't do enough to make your stay a pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2013
7  Thank Chiragjain12
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Excellent hotel in the luxury category. This is a new property and has some advantages that none of the star hotels has in Leh town.
1. Good view of both Himalayan and Ladakhi ranges
2. Next door view of Leh palace
3. 3 mins walking from Leh market

Food, hospitality and travel arrangements are really good. The owner(Dr. Zia) personally takes care of small things to make the stay perfect. Rooms are spacious and has good furnitures. Being a new property the hotel has some teething problems, but I am sure all will be handled in next few months. Room heating when required and 24 hrs hot water are available. Staff were good. From outside the hotel may not look so impressive, but one should not get deceived by the look. Once you enter the hotel it is a Grand Himalayan experience!!! All me best wishes to the hotel team.

Room Tip: Like any other hotels view from upper floor are good. Wi-fi works only in ground floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family