“Good value for the price”
Review of Hotel Omasila

Hotel Omasila
Ranked #16 of 75 Hotels in Leh
Reviewed November 6, 2012

After spending 3 nights in a crappie hotel we changed to this nice and cosy hotel.

As soon as we got through the doors at the Omasila we where meet with a smile and the staff was friendly and helpful during our stay.

Our room was pleasant though a bit old but charming, fitted with satellite TV and a fridge and very good fit closet. It had a big private bathroom with hot shower which worked every time we needed a bath. There wifi couldn’t get connected in the room but just outside in the beautiful garden it worked perfect. Twice I asked the restaurant in the hotel to bring us dinner from there buffet and it was delicious – they even put dessert on the tray.

Since most flight out of Leh are leaving early morning checkout time at Omasila is 8 am. But we where leaving in the afternoon and we asked if we could stay a coupler of hours moor and they arranged later checkout.

I would defiantly come back again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Make my trip had got us booked into this property but at a much higher price than the actual room charges. The owner was also puzzled,but none the less he gave us the room at actual pricing as also off season discount.(U don't really find honest hoteliers these days:appologies to hotel owner friends)The room was cramped for space but the view was astonishing(which indeed made up for the space)I mean if u have a beautiful photo shoppe type view with abundants of possitivity about it who cares for space. I told my wife if we ever come again, it has to be the same room and the only thing I could do was look at the mountains(or the pastry mountains as the wife rightly said). Very good staff,the owners son Punni was like an experienced brother guiding us with our itiniary.The staff,borrowed from GOA and Nepal were well behaved and mannered. The hotel serves really the best indian cuisine in the entire Leh(though they only have buffets)and it gets over soon so you will really have to eat on time.Well maintained garden,cute cats,mountains with snow sprinkled over them at the back drop,and some bollywood actors sitting sipping chai with ciggs,and me anjoying looking at all these from my hotel room made my stay memorable. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012
7  Thank advocatemrinal
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are quite cosy, but the bathrooms look a bit old. The hotel has a lovely and peaceful garden where you can sit and have tea. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and the food is very good. About 10 min walk from Leh main market.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank HegeNF
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

The hotel location is very excellent , food is mind blowing , the hotel person is very very nice In my 34 year life I can't see this kind of person M.R Nawang Tesring I travel in 27/05/2012 to 06/06/2012 this time I really to much enjoy with my family hotel location is very excellent ,

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Ankurcruze
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The hotel location is best. One can enjoy beauty from rooms. There is apple garden, open air restaurant, ample parking space and food is very nice. I was there last October with my friends from France.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Cannot start without thanking the owner. Looked into each and every requirement of ours personally, which made our trip all worthwhile.
Rooms are basic..Property is located at a beautiful place..one corner down the road. View is awesome from the rooms. The open space/restaurant completes the experience. Hotel is well equipped with anything you need..especially medical equipment when you are at such a height.

We went during the month of April. It was cold and you could experience snow at the peaks.
Food was customized for us as it was an off season..good, clean and hygienic..Overall THE BEST!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The hotel is at one of the best locations in Leh and this proximity to the good restaurants and main market makes this as the top choice for most of the foreigners. You may not find many Indians coming to this hotel (it is somewhat applicable to the whole Ladakh region), and this hotel rates among one of the best hotels in Leh.

But I was not able to find anything appealing to rate it among the best. The staff treatment was ordinary. Rooms are pretty nice and spacious. Breakfast was below par, Lunch and Dinner were made only on request (may be due to the presence of so many restaurants in the hotel's proximity). The Wifi is not reachable to all the rooms (not in suites also) and was not working most of the time wherever it was reachable. The response is pretty quick but the results are not there, be it arranging for a bike or sending a cab to pick up from the airport.

Having a prime location actually dwarfs all these drawbacks as all the services are available just outside the Hotel. I think we can find another hotel/guest house at the same location at cheaper rates (though the scenery that we get on the terrace will be missed for sure)!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple