“MY STAY AT HOTEL ASIA”
Review of Hotel Asia

Hotel Asia
Ranked #37 of 209 Leh B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Myself & my family along with my friend's family stayed at hotel Asia in last week of month of Oct this year. The stayal is a pleasant surprise to us all. Even in pinching cold , Sonamji ,the hotel owner was always available with smiling face to solve any sort of problem. Hot water was always available irrespective of any odd hour of day. Food was good and to our choice .Tour to other areas like Nubra & Panggong lake ,which has been arranged by the hotel itself ,was very comfortable. We sincerely thank hotel Asia for making our tour a grand & pleasent one.

P.Dasgupta
Haldia

Room Tip: Select at room at 2nd floor for ease in availing hot water in case you travel in winter season..
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
deldan n, Owner at Hotel Asia, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

It was our pleasure to have you at our hotel, thank you so much for the review, and your stay. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have been planning to visit Leh for quite some time and finally landed there during this Puja Vacation.
There were 10 members in our team between the age 7 to 73 years. Earlier, I had called a number of registered tour operators and hotels at Leh and they all advised me not to visit Leh during that time of the year.
However, when I called Mr. Sonam Angchuk the owner of Hotel Asia, Leh sometime in the month of July 2012 he sounded very positive and advised me just to bring as much as warm clothes as possible and leave the rest to him. I had then itself made up my mind to stay at Hotel Asia, Leh.
Thereafter, Mr. Angchuk and I have regularly exchanged views over the phone which helped me a lot in deciding my essential luggage.
I landed at Leh at about 07:15 hrs on the 15th October and as assured found two cars waiting for us at the Leh airport.
We reached Hotel Asia, Leh in about 15 minutes and were accorded a warm Welcome by Mr. Angchuk and his team.
Thereafter, we found Mr. Angchuk and his son Mr. Deldon Nengyal always by our side.
Though all our tours and meals were part of a package but Mr. Angchuk always consulted us and let us decide on the same. I even got the opportunity to learn how to make Memos & Thukpas in his kitchen. In fact we were provided with whatever food that was demanded by us at any point of time including tea which was not included in the package.
Mr Angchuk and his son Mr. Deldon Nengyal acted as my guardian when my father, aged 73 years fell ill and had to be admitted during the night in the local hospital for treatment.
The next morning my father was discharged from the hospital and since then Mr Angchuk and his son regularly enquired about his health.
Following my father’s illness we had to cancel some trips and to our utter surprise we found Mr. Angchuk very accommodating in making some concession in our tour package.
In fact, I found Hotel Asia to be the best budget Hotel in Leh and Mr. Angchuk to be a true Ladhaki gentleman with a lion heart.
On the day of our departure i.e 22-10-2012 I felt that I was leaving my maternal home specially when Mrs Dol, wife of Mr. Sonam Angchuk boarded our car and presented me a Khada, a piece of white silk cloth as a mark of respect and farewell.
On returning home to Kolkata I was surprised to get a call from Mr. Angchuk enquiring about our health and wellness.
I still cherish those found memories of our Leh trip and look forward to visit Hotel Asia, Leh once again soon.

Rupali Mukherjee

Room Tip: Room No.201 & 301 has the best view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Rupali ji,

Thank you for such a wonderful review, It was great to have you and your family at our hotel.
Do let me know in advance if you are planning to visit Leh again next year.

Give my regards to everyone at home.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Decent sized rooms for Rs 500/night, but could do with a little better upkeep in terms of housekeeping and the matress. The shared bathroom/toilet could do with a great deal of improvement. The hot water is really luke warm, no mugs/buckets. The owners are pretty friendly though.

If you can stretch your budget avoid the guest house.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear sir,

Thank you for your stay at hotel asia, we will definitely work on the things mentioned by you.
It was great to have you at our hotel, hope to see you again..

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Me and my wife stayed in the guest house wing of Hotel Asia ( i.e., Asia Guest House) and we both fell in love with the place and the people.
We booked the guest house for 2 days over phone and since we have altered our itinerary a little bit after reaching there, we wanted to book it for 1 more day. Though that day, there was a huge rush, still the owner Mr. Sonam arranged our stay for 1 night in the hotel. Though both wings are comfortable and clean, We liked the homely atmosphere of the guest house more.
We had a nice room and very hospitable surroundings,specially the dining area where wifi is also available. Mr.Sonam and his wife were always willing to help.
Special mention to be made of the food and people working in the guest house. If you like you can have all traditional ladakhi dishes (homemade) and also the staff of two girls (Stanzin and Dolkar) ran around all day to clean, cook and support the guests and last but not the least anyone you meet on your way to dining area or room, you will definitely get a hearty smile which surely will make your day.
If you want TV, room service and bit more luxury, then Hotel wing of it is equally comfortable and value for money.
We would definitely like to go back sometime. We have had a very satisfactory stay at the guest house and have since recommended the place to several friends and budget travelers going to Ladakh.

Room Tip: Budget hotel in Leh
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

nice place to stay in Leh. Owner and manager very friendly and helpful. they served us great jain food. One of our member was suffering from altitude sickness and was hospitalized ,and we get good help from owner mr.Sonam. for three days he himself bring tea and food to hospital with his great smile.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Our family fell in love with the place when we got in after a long jeep drive from Kargil. The kitchen was opened to make lunch for the kids. The owner, Mr Sonam, was extremely helpful to the extent of putting up a TV for the kids in the guest room at a very short notice.

The property is an excellent location with greenery (vegetable garden), very good views and even a small stream running next to it. The hotel has room for all budgets and is run by the family that is always smiling and ready to help.My younger daughter is a fussy eater and they would keep checking with her regarding dinner menu with her. The food (dinner and breakfast) is simple, nutritious, extremely tasty but inexpensive (even by Leh standards).

Mr. Sonam, the owner, was helpful in coordinating with our local travel agent and provided helpful advise. My daughter was suffering from Motion sickness and his family even offered to baby sit her if required. The hotel is simple but the love and genuine care and affection makes up for the lack of so called star luxuries.

The clincher was - my younger daughter - despite the motion sickness - wants to go back to Leh next year (as does my elder daughter) and they want us to book the hotel and the room in Asia Guest house now.

Thanks Mr Sonam and rest of the family for making our holiday a wonderful one.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Well this was my second year in Asia Guest House & it felt like staying in a home away from my home. Little renovation in the Dinning area has made it more beautiful. Rooms are as simple as the last year..
But Mr. Sonam the owner was as cheerful & welcoming like last time. For me it was like staying with my own family.
I stayed in Asia Guest House from June to July End 2012. It is a family run guest house with all the people always smiling, sweet & welcoming. Hot water is available only in the morning or on request in the bucket in the evening. You don't need luxuries here just love & affection of the Ladakhi family is more than enough. Home made breakfast & dinner is really good in taste & better than any other restaurant. Mint Tea is available throughout the day.
Fresh Veggie garden is full of green organic vegetables & smiling flowers.

100% recommendable for all the travelers from all over the world. They have room for every budget. No thoughts definitely about being in the place next year too...:)

Special Thanks to Stanzin & Dolkar for all the help & smiles provided all the time.

Cia

Room Tip: B Block rooms are the best.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo