The Druk Ladakh
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshanti stupahighly recommended hoteloutdoor sitting areagreat propertybeautiful gardenthe general managerpacked breakfastthe hotel staffperfect locationroom servicehotel is locatedrooms are spaciousmouth wateringsnow capped mountainsreached lehwooden flooringstok kangri
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 5, 2012

As you park your car at the Druk after a grueling drive of about 14hr from Jispa, u see the property and a smile come to your face. It looks inviting, comfortable and already ur thinking of a nice hot shower and some good food to get over a tiring day. Alas, that was not to happen. While the rooms are well laid out and quite spacious, service at the hotel is a real damper. Quality of the food is pathetic to say the least. For half the price, u'll get much better food close by at "Jeevan Cafe" whose pizzas & sizzlers were an absolute marvel. Anyway, coming back to Druk, it was surprising there is no drinking water provided in the rooms. While the lobby and the rest of the hotel interiors are pretty good, the dining hall is quite crappy. The excuse of a breakfast served is just that. Eat to put something in your stomach before you start your day. Asking for anything from a towel to glasses in the room will need you to be patient as it may take 30-45 mins. The place has great potential but all going to waste...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ghost71
Reviewed July 3, 2012

On my recent trip to Leh, Ladakh, I stayed at hotel Druk for 2 nights, followed later by 2 nights at the the Ladakh Residency nearby.

We were 2 families together and had a nice & comfortable stay at Druk Hotel. The scenic beauty from the hotel is very good and rooms & services were good too.

By mistake I had forgotten my Omega wrist-watch in the hotel while checking out. But the staff & owners of this hotel made sure I got it back! They rang me a few times and after taking my Calcutta address, they couriered it to me! I must compliment and THANK everyone at the hotel for this!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2012

its about my last visit to Leh during which I stayed in this hotel with a friend . During stay, the house keeping staff was polite, the rooms were good enough. the staff were very helpful. one more thing i'd like to mention is that during check out i had forgotten my Tagheur wrist watch in the room. when i reached Delhi i received a call from the lady on reception that my watch . since it was not possible for me to go back for the watch, she parceled me the watch. i'm grateful for it. I'd love to stay in this hotel whenever i'm in Leh.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank vsbhukal
Reviewed June 29, 2012

A great experience, excellent personalised service and memorable hospitality. The staff, manager and MD took care of all our needs. View from all rooms is breathtaking. Bbig spacious rooms and quality food.
Very fond memories for LIFE!
Wish I could go every year.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank pchau1313
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Went as two couples and liked the place so much that we ended up staying in all four days. The staff were extremely helpful in booking and while we were there as well. if you are looking for a very relaxing place with a touch of the old rustic charm, then this is the place. I was a bit hesitant about the food initially, but we were in for a very pleasant surprise. We thoroughly enjoyed our (very long) buffet breakfasts, lunches and dinners.

The staff was extremely warm and welcoming. I'd like to especially thank Suneeta Manager, Rigzin at the reception, and Rohit.

Surprisingly, even the families who were staying at The Druk Laakh share and a tone of warm familiarity in their voices. Our experience was truly memorable. Sad, the trip ended too soon :(

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends