“Amazing trip”

Ranked #30 of 197 Leh B&B and Inns
New Delhi, India
“Amazing trip”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed there with my parenra and sister for about a week, had an amazing experience.
The staff at the hotel are extremely nice and they try to make you feel comfortable
, they view is breathtaking,and most of the rooms have an amazing view
Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Abhaykapur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stayed here with family for about a week. A perfectly located place. the staff in the hotel are very accomidating and available at any part of the day. The linen used by the hotel could be of better quality. we went during the month of may so the weather was pretty chilly, no heaters in the room but we were given hot water bags every night which sufficed. the food is good , nothing over the top . would recommend it to anyone that goes to ladakh. the only problem is its located away from the main leh market. oh annnd , donot ! make the effort to pay for the wifi cause it hardly works :P im guessing u can survive a holiday without the internet :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Darjeeling, India
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I was here with my friends in June 2013 and after a majestic flight over the grand Himalaya, I was anxiously waiting for my first hotel in Leh. As it winded up the narrow 'road', lined with guest houses, small hotels, (quite like in Thamel, Kathmandu) I was not too sure of what was waiting.
And lo! at the end of the narrow road, our vehicle took a sharp right turn to slow down and park in a purely spectacular location! A vast picturesque open area, with a magnificent view of Stok Kangri. My day was made!

The hotel staff, especially the front office, were extremely flexible and obliging. Although WiFi was chargeable when I checked in (and I paid a mighty good amount at that!!), I feel it's ok to not have the 'best bargain' in a place like Ladakh, as the spectacular landscape compensates for more than that. And also, it's fantastic just to have internet in a place, hidden deeply in the Himalaya and surrounded by mountain ranges from three sides!

The meals were excellent! (Naan, Paneer Butter Masala, Omlette, Sandwiches)

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Most rooms are view facing. I think the rooms on the ground floor left of entrance don't have vi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Vishalda
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Amazing hotel, clean , good food and very friendly people. they also arrange sight seeing at cheap rates. situated at the center of Leh it offers very reasonable quality rooms, they also have home made food available.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Pune, India
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed 3 nights on reaching Leh and took two rooms for the family. One of the rooms we were initially given was at the back without any view and a lot of disturbance due to baggage being stored nearby. We requested a change and the next two nights enjoyed a great room facing the scenic Stok Kangri range. Food is good, service is acceptable for a leisure destination. The hotel has a nice garden on the outside where one can soak in the sunshine, order snacks and enjoy panoramic views of the Ladakh range and Shanti Stupa. A bit far from the main market areas and therefore very quiet and serene. An enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: First floor rooms facing the snow peaks
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank vivekgokarn
Hong Kong
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have stayed there for 5 nights and have experienced the following situations :

Cons : -

1) dirty sheet
When I checked-in I found the sheet and fillow case is dirty i.e. dirt mark and blood mark!! (photo enclosed), I told the front desk the situation and they promised to change a new sheet and pillow case immediately but nobody came.

I have raised the same requested to change a new sheet on the next morning, the front desk promised to change the sheet again. But when I returned the hotel at night, the sheet was still the same dirty one without replacement.

I was a bit frustrating and complained to the hotel manager again, this time the front desk staff come to my in person to check the condition. He then told me that this type of dirt mark is very difficult to clean!!!! (my god, I don't need to know how difficult to clean the sheet but I just need a spotless clean sheet in my bed!!!! pls replace it!!!).

After rounds of requests, they finally replaced a new sheet but the siad replacement is not a sportless clean sheet but a sheet with lesser spor! (still dirty but not that dirty!!)

2) No hot water in the course of shower
we have three occasions for no hot water :
a) no hot water in teh course of shower in one night (we found that their staff turned off the hot water supply in our block because they forgot there is guest there?!?!?!?!) (sigh~~) ;
b) no hot water in the hand basin in two days (the night temperature has dropped to almost zero), you have using the freezing cold water to refresh myself in the morning.

3) room is not clean for one day
I have verbally asked the Front Desk to clean my room when I go out. But unfortunately, the room has not cleaned and towerl hasn't replaced when I returned. I asked the front desk.

a) they frist told me that I haven't left the key so they can't get into the room....
b) then they said that I have told them no need to clean the room...
(sigh~~~)

4) far away from the town
the hotel is located in somewhere far remote corner uphill. You have to walk uphill for almost 30-45minutes to return hotel!

You have to walk throught sandy /muddy sub-lane (like most of the roads in India) add together with the dust form the construction site at two side, the situation is very very upleasant.

the two side of the room is full of construction site, the construction work will stare on you when you passed-by. the feeling is not that good when you returning at late evening! I don't mean the construction workers are bad guy, but I just felt not comfrotable especially when I returned hotel in the late evening (with all the adverse news about India).

Pos
a) They try their best to fit our schedule
the breakfast room shall be opened on 6:00am, but there is two occasion that we have to leave early on 6:00am (we booked car throught the hotel), they are specially opened up the breakfast room and provide breakfast to us on 5:30am.

In fact this arrangement means all stuffed have to walked up early, just because we two need to have early breakfast.

b) they offer reasonable car arrangement and tourist advise.
the servcies is good and price is very reasonable.

c) friendly hotel staff
despite all my terrible experinece in my room, I will say that they have tried to provide good services and being helful (even thought they always forget our request and/or their promise to clean the room or replace the sheet, and turn off our hot water supply from time to time, sigh~~~~)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank EllieChan
Hyderabad
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Royal Ladakh is a very plush looking hotel, but you won't get any Leh feel there. Except, if you looked at the ceiling done in wooden logs.
We were told that room 102 was the only one available, though we saw many guests arrive after us. It is on the ground floor and overlooks the garden, so one has to keep the curtains drawn. Rooms are nice but could be bigger. The bathroom was clean with hot water 24 hrs. Staff was very brisk though, getting enough warm water to drink seemed tougher than at other places we stayed.
I found the breakfast spread limited, and staff was not very courteous. Items on request etc that were available as we saw a foreign tourist group having, was not communicated. I was also looking for something other than poori bhaji and such heavy stuff, so I was limited to bread toast and fruit. The manager too seemed overly business minded. And staff over focused on the larger groups and foreigners.
At 4K a night, everything was nice and modern. So, if you want that, this is the hotel for you. It is near the market. We stayed at a homestay called ThupWang that was between Nalanda Ladakh and Royal Ladakh, as onemoves towards the Bazaar and that was much better, We stayed there for the next three days and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Our cost of those three days was also lesser than this one night, and with hot water all though too :-)
so, to each his own!

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends