Hotel Rafica
$50
  • Breakfast included
$69
Agoda.com
All reviewsthe hotel staffleh townbreakfast preparedquiet hoteloldest hotelnubra valleyroom windowfive nightsowner mrclean roomsroom servicecomfortable stayspecial mentionbreakfast and dinnerrecommend this hotelanisheena
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have complaints with the manager who is very arrogant , talks terribly with customers in very high tone.
I arrived at the hotel on 28th June . They provided 2 bottles of water in the room . Next day I was all day out till like 10:00 PM .. and came to hotel for just 30 min in the evening.
At 1 AM in the night the waiter came to the room , woke up and said here is bill for 7 water bottles.. I refused to pay and said we got only 2 and this is not the right time to talk .

Later in the morning when we were checking out , this guy came again and I paid for 2 bottles only and said I never ordered . The manager came out with high tone and started arguing .
This was a very pathetic experience . He forced us to pay for those 5 bottles that we never took.. It was a humiliating experience . Those who got good reviews may be were lucky but I was not as lucky as they were.. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone until you want to get frustrated and feel humiliated by the hotel manager.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hemant_Wadhwani
Anis R, Owner at Hotel Rafica, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

The review given by this person is totally wrong,as this guy was in group of 35 pax.They were bikers and this guy used to drink<alcohol> a lot in the evening and this guy was mentally disturbed and not happy with any body.I think he is mentally not fit.This is a common think that A class hotel will never argue about bottle of water.Please avoid this type of review from mentally un fit person
Anis<M.D>

Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is a good hotel. It has a very good view of the mountains from the rooms in the front. The service was prompt, and we were very happy with their service. Regarding food we normally ate at a few of the local restaurants. The size of the rooms were quite good, and that of the bathrooms too. The owner of the hotel mr Anis was very helpful. The lounge is nice with a good variety of magazines. It is a 100 mts from the busy road , so it is nice and quite. The local restaurants are about 10 minutes from the hotel, and the main market for shopping is about a 12-13 minute walk. The staff was really good.
I have some friends going in August , and I have suggested them to stay at this hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family in the month of October for 6 nights.First the location was the best,near to the market and away from the noise.The hotel is centrally heated,good rooms with good furnished + LCD,big bath room and hot water every time.The plus point of the room is that the view is excellent.We booked the hotel with all the meals,the food was owesome,they changed the menu every day,we had punjabi,chinese,italian,gujurati and some local food also.
The best thing about this hotel is that the hotel is manage by the owner himself<Mr Anis> and his attention towards the clients.The staffs are also friendly and they always ready for the service.
We visit to Nubra Valley, Pangong lake and some monestries which was manage by the hotel,they provide us a new Innova and the permit also,the overall about this trip to leh and this hotel Rafica was the best in our life.I recommended this hotel if u visit Leh.

Room Tip: choose rooms in 1st and 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kohlijammu
Reviewed January 3, 2013

They charge high on the name central heating which they dont start as most of the time electicity is not there. Also there are group there which serves their own food, we booked in AP basis, we got food cooked by these group. Rooms are very small. A small garden just useless. I found this hotel very average.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RameshNaidu
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The good thing about this hotel is :

1.> Location - centrally located but away from crowd
2.> The owner of this property resides in the same compound. His attention to minutest detail (like wake up call) is amazing.

I stayed in one of their top floor rooms and the experience was amazing. Rooms are clean and one can expect luxury like flat screen satellite TV, centrally heated rooms and hot running water. The view from my room was breathtaking, vast open barren land bordered by brown mountains contrasting with clear blue sky.

The owner actually helped me with : booking a trek to stok kangri, arranging permit for pangong lake (which i believe all hotels do) and booking return flights. After I checked out and before boarding my flight i had some real horrible experience in LEH town and the hotel owner helped me a lot and this is something which i will remember for a long time.

Its clean, luxurious, friendly , centrally located and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE IN LEH.

Room Tip: try and take the top floor rooms the view is amazing
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends