“Beautiful hotel, reasonably priced and the manager Dehlex is awesome!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Tso-kar

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leh
Hotel Tso-kar
Ranked #47 of 185 Leh B&B and Inns
The Netherlands
“Beautiful hotel, reasonably priced and the manager Dehlex is awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

We went to Leh in mid-august 2011 for a week. We were a group of 8 people. The hotel is clean, has a nice lawn and the staff is very hospitable and laid back. The location is great right in the center of the city. The manager Dehlex is very nice, funny and helpful. I would add that he is very chill :D. We had a great time there, no issues whatsoever. When I go there again, I'll definitely stay in this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Tsokar, at first glance looks like a normal (read not so jazzy for lack of a better word) budget hotel but as you take a look around and the rooms, one is bound to be quite excited. We stayed at Tsokar from 23-28 October 2011. The room on the first floor was close to perfect. The room was very comfortable, cozy and spacious with an attached bathroom.

Mr.Dehlex had, over the period of few weeks, mailed me very promptly with answers to all my questions. My very first mail to him was requesting for booking details and the response was quite shocking. Dehlex mailed me all details and a line informing me that since we would be visiting in October, due to drop in temperature, water pipes would be frozen. He even informed me that only one hotel in Leh had the heating system that prevented the pipes from freezing. So we might want to consider that hotel. However, Dehlex assured me that his staff would make sure that we have a pleasant stay. And that they did and did it very well. Dehlex and his team ensured that everything was taken care of. And luckily the pipes did not freeze and we had hot running water most of the time :-)

Dehlex also arranged for day trips with warm aloo parathas that especially taste heavenly at near freezing temperature of Pangong Lake. The little things that the team had kept in mind was touching. Hotel Tsokar also offers sumptious food. You would love Tsokar and while checking out WILL wonder if five star hotels deserve the money they charge when hotels like Tsokar give you all that you 'need'. I highly recommend Tsokar.

I hear that Tsokar is currently installing central heating system!!! Well it doesn't get better than this :-)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Secunderabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed at this place after completing the Ladakh tour during the second week of October 2011. This is was suggested by someone for being close to the hotel and also for having high ratings on Trip Advisor. I had not read about it since I wanted to land in some good place on my return to Leh and went by the advise given to me. At first when my vehicle stopped in front of this hotel located at Fort Road in Leh, I was not too impressed as it looked like yet another normal hotel along with hundreds of others on this road. But the moment we stepped into the hotel, we realized how neat, clean and well maintained the place was. The people running the hotel were very sweet. I realized that the hotel had a different set of people to provide room service and even they were very good. I stayed there for 2 nights with my family and we were really happy. Given the proximity of the Hotel to Leh market, we had a wonderful time in the evening strolling in the market area also. I would definitely recommend this place to others.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
gurgaon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

Stayed in Tso kar after reading few good post on the net, above anything else the candid behavior of Mr Delex impressed us, he helped us with everything, booking sight seeings to shopping to hiring a bike..
A nice clean homely budget hotel, in the main leh market, highly recommended for everybody looking for the price range of 800 - 1500 and warm welcome.

Room Tip: ask for first floor rooms for better view..
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ShwetaGurgaon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

Me and my friends stayed here for 6 nights when we did a motorbike trip from Manali to Leh.
We had a great stay.Rooms are ok.
Location is great!
Staff is friendly and helpfull.
I can realy recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2011
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

A simple and comfortable BB in the little town of Leh. we stayed with friends for 4 days and the stay was comfortable.
situated close to all the action- cafes, restaurants, shops makes it ideal!
ask for a room on the top level of the BB as most of the lower level rooms have windows facing houses and behinds of shops which makes you feel like your privacy is invaded.
the bed is comfortable and perfect by BB standards!
there is a small green patch in the central part of the BB where you can sit and enjoy tea and snacks or just sit and breathe the fresh mountain air.
Around the hotel, you can find many restaurants and cafes.. Do try the Tibetan Kitchen & Summer Harvest for delicious Tibetan delicacies or the rooftop Chinese restaurant called Chopticks (something) bang opposite the hotel sharing space with a kebab space which serves drinks too because the Chinese place only serves beer.
One very important fact to remember is that Friday is a "dry day" in leh which means no non-veg food and alcohol. there is also a very interesting little cafe below these restaurants which serves coffee and deserts and the owner plays the guitar on request! with live music playing on a TV screen!!
comfortable place but dont forget to strike a good deal!

Room Tip: have lots of "Momos" a local delicacy!!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

The place is a nice small-size hotel -- clean and neat and very friendly people. Especially the owner, Mr. Dehlex -- very warm, nice and takes care of guests. He goes out of his way to make you feel comfortable. When my wife was sick he arranged a taxi immediately and sent one of his staff (Padma -- a very nice guy too) to help us out. The food is good Indian food -- and was even available at odd hours (such as Lunch at 4:30 pm after our visits to various monsatries and places). Hot water is available from 6 AM to 9 AM. There are powercuts but one light is always on as a back-up. Dehlex takes special interest and he even sent someone to receive us. My wife and son felt extremely comfortable in this hotel. Though my wife was sick most of the time, she was feeling comfortable to remain in the hotel without the urge to return -- all because of the hotel. The place is also centrally located and one can do evening shopping easily. Take Dehlex's advice, but also add your own judgement. Dehlex also arranged all tours for us. They were in a nice new XYLO and driven around well by Noor Mohammed -- nice guy giving us guidance throughout. The hotel staff is also nice.

Room Tip: First floor may be better
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family