“Average rooms with good service”
Review of Hotel Pangong

Hotel Pangong
Ranked #39 of 75 Hotels in Leh
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. For the first two days we got some very dark depressing rooms, and later on requested them to move us to better rooms. The hotel is very cold, with no heaters that work. the bathrooms are average, with hot water for the most part. The hotel charge per night for portable heaters if requested.

The service is very good, people are nice and welcoming & friendly. Food is average. I would try another hotel if I were to go back to Leh.

The location is good since its walking distance to the central Leh market. The hotel is wifi enabled which was very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 30, 2013

nice food, good hospitality, people no doubt are very helpful and simple. you can trust them. hotel manager arranged permits and taxi for us. they helped us make are trip comfortable and pleasant. close to market and hygienic. room service is very nice.

Room Tip: rooms on the first floor in front side have beautiful view of snow covered mountains.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2012

On our Ladakh trip, we were stationed at "The Pangong" in Leh where we checked-in a total of three times. Our luggage was carefully kept in the hotel on each “away” occasion. We stayed in a total of two rooms, first time adjoining the roof (colder but with good view) and later at the first floor. The lower floor ones had a better bathroom. The service was excellent and I was amused that it's just 3 ladies who seem to be doing all the tough work. The buffet was excellent and Mr. Sharma went way out to please everyone. He had even once treated me to "Ladakhi Tea" with butter and salt. The food would be monotonous after a while, but with nothing much to do in the evenings, it's best to pass time at the warm dining hall eating slowly with family. The bed was nice and fluffy and I discovered that sleeping with a hot water bag under your blanket helps reduce the energy bill. Power goes off a lot of time, but there is some kind of backup. The Wi-Fi is flaky, but the manager/owner shared his laptop for me to make a transaction which couldn’t wait. All in all, experience was good. In this hotel, I paid the highest amount of tip amongst all places I stayed in India. So, that should speak for itself.

Room Tip: 2nd Floor rooms are less cold
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MumbaiTraveller007
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights in Aug 2012. Rooms are decent. We stayed on both 1st and 2nd floor rooms for 2 nights each. Went to Nubra in between. They kept our luggage in cloak room properly. Had few issues in washroom but were taken care off.. in general good service.. only thing is food gets monotonous and boring.. so my advice is to only take breakfast in plan and explore outside for dinner... but overall a good place to stay in leh..

2  Thank Vishal C
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Stayed during August 2012.
Hotel is nice enough, good size rooms .... basic but clean & probably in need of a bit of repair & re-decoration. Staff were very friendly and cheerful and the restaurant served up some very nice buffet style food (loved their momo's!).
Power cuts were frequent and hot water availability was limited (both common in Leh), wifi available but very unreliable, but good TV channel choice (when there was power!!).
The hotel is well located a few minutes walk from the bustling Fort Road area where there are lots of shops & restaurants to keep you busy.
Overall a good choice which does not really disappoint.

1  Thank SCS123
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Amazing staff and service. Everyone was super friendly and helpful. However, the hotel is let down by poor infrastructure. Electricity was only available from 6pm till night, hot water only for a few hours a day and what was advertised as "internet enabled" turned out to be spotty at best (only got a couple of hours of decent internet in the whole week). This is especially frustrating since you need to acclimatise to the altitude so are stuck in your hotel room for a whole day with no electricity, TV, internet, or entertainment of any kind.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the first or second floor. Walking up the stairs in the low oxygen environment...
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I booked this hotel over my travelagency for 4 nights. After the 1st. night hotel informed me that they are overbooked and I have to move out. They told me also that I have time to pack my laggage after comming back from the trip organised by my travelagency. When I came back from the trip I find in my room already all clothes and toillet-things removed. Something similar never happened to me befor and I was travelling for more than 40 year all over the world.

Room Tip: don't choose this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo