“It's not Italy, but it's ok”
Review of Il Forno

Il Forno
Ranked #16 of 103 Restaurants in Leh
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

After a seven day trek the pizza of Il Forno tasted just fine. To have higher expectations in the middle of the Himalaya would be unrealistic. I liked the location above the bustle of downtown Leh. Yes, the beer is not always cold, but electricity is out more often than not, so that comes as no surprise.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This restaurant is located on the top floor of a shopping complex in the main market. Food is decent enough and rates are also ok. They also serve liquor, however this is expensive. But just outside the shopping complex, there is a wine shop. So we requested the restaurant guys that we want to get our own liquor. Initially they were hesitant but then agreed eventually. So try to do that if u want to save a few thousand bucks. However the service is slow and its best to order things that are readily available if u r short on time. Overall a recommended place.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Anything and everything you order is horrible. I dont know how Lonely Planet has recommended this place... waste of a night...
Pizza - Terrible
Pasta- Terrible
Soups- Ok
Chinese- Edible
Sizzler- Terrible

The grace saver is that it serves all kind of liquor!

1  Thank sachin s
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had a terrible experience at this place on 10th September.

Firstly the waiter was rude for taking normal food orders.

Next we recd a pizza with bits of stones (3 to be precise). On complaining this to waiter he became even more rude and wanted to check if they were real stones or we were just faking it. Luckily i had kept them in my plate which he then took it and felt it with his hands like a geologist. He dint say any remarks or apologize for service deficiency. Instead of he offering a customer service gesture, we had to request him for the same. Then the manager came to our desk and started saying that we are villagers and we don't know to give good services to customer so please train us. This was height of arrogance as later when the food was billed the manager had committed to us that the pizza charges will waived off. However they were still there and during our exit from the restaurant the manager loudly said to do whatever we want to do.

Other parameters like the bathroom were disgusting....No Lights, No Water Pipes, No Papers, No Cleaning.

And last but not the least, the place happens to be some kind of pick-up joint. We happened to notice some couples in very vulgar positions.

Overall would not recommend anyone to visit this place even if it is the last place in Leh which may be open for service. (Lonely Planet please remove this place from your book)

1  Thank Born_Planner
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My poor review is entirely due to an incident I had when having lunch. I paid 470rupees with a 1000 note and 500 rupees were missing from my change. When I called the waitress to complain, he took 500 from the til and gave it to me without even telling him the reason why I called him so he knew what he was doing. Nothing said he gave me the money and I left.
I'm sorry to say this but in India this is a very common practice, it happened in several occasions in shops and bars. Watch your money!