“Watch your money!”

Ranked #14 of 91 Restaurants in Leh
London, United Kingdom
“Watch your money!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My poor review is entirely due to an incident I had when having lunch. I paid 470rupees with a 1000 note and 500 rupees were missing from my change. When I called the waitress to complain, he took 500 from the til and gave it to me without even telling him the reason why I called him so he knew what he was doing. Nothing said he gave me the money and I left.
I'm sorry to say this but in India this is a very common practice, it happened in several occasions in shops and bars. Watch your money!

Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
“good for view and drinks”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Fully agree with other reviewers that this restaurant is not clean or appetizing. But i had a chai and enjoyed the view over Main Market and the surrounding mountains/hills. It was enchanting at sunset. Go with the right expectations for view and drinks, and you'll enjoy.

• Visited July 2013
Frankfurt
“Terrible service, terrible food, very dirty”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We thought we would experiment a bit and try one of the other roof terraces but Il Forno was definitely a mistake.

The menus are extremely dirty. What is the point of having laminated menus if you don't even clean them? The service is almost non-existent. To be fair, it was a busy night but they had three waiters. It took ages to place the order, an hour for the starters to come and then five minutes later the main courses arrived. The beer was warm and the tea was cold. 20 minutes to bring the bill.

All in all, not the best dining experience ever, you are better off going across to the Leh View Restaurant that has better service, a nicer view and more decent food.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank apfelwein
“Tasteless, badly done food.”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

There were four of us, and between us we ordered 5-6 dishes, and everything turned out to be terrible. Will definitely never visit this place again.

Visited September 2012
Leh, India
“orange tomato sauce”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Climbed the stairs, I enjoyed the view, but the - not great. Not bad either, go here for the roof top, have a drink and that would be fine for II Forrno. I would go back for a sundowner, but not any orange tomato sauce pasta.

Visited August 2012