“Italian”
Review of Il Forno

Il Forno
Ranked #14 of 98 Restaurants in Leh
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Claims to be an italian joint but has a fusion of many cuisines. Italian is so-so. La-Pizzeria is any day better. It does have a central location. Price very reasonably. Good place to sit and watch the market scene.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

As per title, this is a strange, but true review. We order two curries and two beers at this resturant and they were well priced and very enjoyable. After the beers I needed to go to the bathroom. I asked the waiter and he pointed me in the direction. It seemed very complicated, downstairs through a semi building site and down some more stairs. Anyhow, maybe it was the beers that went to my head, but I took a wrong turn somewhere on route to this bathroom and stumbled upon two staff members, one performing oral sex upon the other. Now I'm no prude, but there is a time and place for everything. Unfortunately my lasting memory of this resturant is not the nice food, nor the nice view, but rather a very public show of affection.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

Il Forno a few years back ( 2005 to be precise) was the "new" place in town and quite popular . I had too frequented it a few times mainly cause of its location , ot being open air and the fact it served alcohol . This time around though found it to be still quite "popular" and hardly an empty table to take , but run down , grubby and most importantly serving only "Haywards 5000" beer . Did not return and spend all evenings at either "Leh Chen " or the better option of " Penguin Garden Cafe"

1  Thank hillstobeaches
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband being Italian, there was no way we could ignore 'Il Forno' so we went up the stairs and had a great pizza. They actually cook it in a wooden oven, but instead of a horizontal one as they use in Italy it is a verical one (a hole) in which they lower the pizza. Great vieuw and nice staff. We stayed the whole afternoon reading, writing and looking around.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

It's one of the best locations in Leh but just considering the service I would not advice anyone to even consider going there.