“PERFECT PLACE CLOSE TO MARKET!”
Review of Hotel Chube

Hotel Chube
Ranked #8 of 75 Hotels in Leh
Pune
“PERFECT PLACE CLOSE TO MARKET!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We came to the hotel for the first time in 2008 and since then have been staying here. We have been very Happy with the place and the service has improved ten folds since! The owner Mr.Rigzin Sonam is a local Leh resident and is very helpful as well! The food is simply fantastic though you have to place an order in advance. The food is freshly prepared out of the Hotel Garden itself.
The rooms are pretty nice and all our cycling tourists are happy with the hotel. Hot water and electricity can be a bit of an issue sometimes but barring that nice calm place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nachiket11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Mr Rizwin is the most caring hotel incharge that I have encountered in my life. When I fell sick, he arranged for the doctor to visit the hotel. When my mother had slight oxygen issue, he took us to the hospital in his own car and got her treated. He also helped get all the permits and vehicle bookings at the best rates.The rooms we stayed in i.e. 111 and 112 are the best probably but even the other rooms are good. We loved the 3 pet dogs - Young, Napo and Boney :) The food was ultra fresh as it is grown within the premises. The view and hot water facilities are excellent as well. No wonder why his hotel continues to receive all the awards and positive reviews on tripadvisor ... Thanks Mr Rizwin for making our stay so comfortable!! We will surely visit you again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MachoDuck
Pune, Maharashtra
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The family is very helpful and courteous.

Mr. R's ancestors were water bearers to the King (not helpful in choosing a room, but interesting trivia)! The vegetables are (usually) straight from the garden to the kitchen.

Mr. R is well versed with altitude sickness and even has an oxygen cylinder at hand for emergencies. He has hosted mountaineering expeditions, cycling expeditions and 'regular' tourists as well. He is extremely well-connected in Leh and can help with taxis (Khardungla/ Pangong/ airport etc).

Tip: Keep a bucket full of water in the loo at all times. Electricity in Leh can sometimes be erratic and this simple act can prevent early morning traumatic experiences!

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs or at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Jalandhar
Reviewed September 11, 2013

we gone to leh first time as we were afraid about hotel,place and people of leh.but when we landed at leh airport owner of hotel chube leh sent pickup taxi from his hotel on exact time .a representative of hotel was standing with my name plate at arrival of airport.then he picked me and my wife to hotel.we were very happy in this nominal price we got good room in hotel chube.it is situated at very prominent place in leh .it is 4-5 minutes walk from leh main market.special thanks to owner of hotel mr. sonam rigzin who helped us a lot in regard to guidance,travel,food and many more.this hotel staff,owner is very much co-operative .they use organic vegetables in their restaurent and moreover .i am found of byke then mr rigzin arranged byke for me within minutes.he is a renouned person in leh..i suggest every one to get room no 111 to 113 as these rooms have clear view of shanti stupa.even at 5:30 am when it was time of my depart he make special arrangement for my breakfast .hotel owner also guided us for purchasing local iteams like apricot etc. .....regards...vikas manchanda jalandhar punjab india

Room Tip: room no 111 to 113 are very good as these rooms have very good view of shanti stupa.windows of rooms...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ghaziabad, India
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Given the amount I spent on my stay in Leh, Mr. Rigzin's Hotel Chube is a very nice place to be. Mr. Rigzin along with the entire staff is extremely helpful and welcoming. I had sometimes made requests at odd times (Asking for Bread and Butter in the evening around 7 pm) and they ensured that I am attended to. Even when you come back after a long day's trip back to Leh, they ensure that you get instant refreshments. Another very pleasant example is when Mr. Rigzin assisted me with a free stay at Pangong Lake. I had paid for 6 days stay at Hotel Chube but then later decided to spend 2 days at Pangong & Tsomoriri. Since my payment for those 2 days at Hotel Chube was going to waste, Mr Rigzin himself (without any request from my end) insisted that I should not waste money at two places and he arranged for my free stay at Pangong Lake (Mr. Rigzin paid the tent owner at Pangong lake directly). Overall I came out as a very very satisfied customer. If I ever plan to go back, I will stay there again. Travelled last week of August 2013.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Piyush_shuks
New Delhi, India
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had read some great reviews of the hotel by travellers on Tripadvisor. We were met by the hotel owner Mr. Sonam Rigzin at the airport on arrival who arranged to have us taken to the hotel. At the outset, I must say that Mr. Sonam Rigzin is one of the most helpful persons that I have ever met. The hotel is more of a guest house and the atmosphere there was more like living in a home, which we found very nice.. Our room was clean and our room (No.111) had a lovely view. However, since I suffer from a back problem, I did not find the mattress in my bed to be comfortable. The food was more like home cooked food instead of the rich food one normally gets in hotels & restaurants. The hotel is very well located, away from the hustle & bustle of the market place, at the same time just a 10 minute walk to the main market.
Mr. Sonam Rigzin arranged the permits required to visit Pangong Lake & the Nubra Valley and also arranged our sightseeing visits in and around Leh.
For someone looking for a home away from home in informal surroundings, I would definitely recommend Hotel Chube.

Room Tip: Room Nos. 111, 112 & 113 have the best view of the mountains and countryside.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ANIL A
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We 4 couples stayed in Hotel Chube for 4nights.it was rather a home stay.mr Rigzin owner of the hotel is a wonderful person.he was ready for whatever you ask.my heart touching experience was while cheking out from the hotel when my wife suddenly got sick (high BP with breathless ness)mr Rigzin immediately took her to hospital for treatment and spent almost one hour there in the hospital until she get normal and then droped us to the airport.
Really thankfull to him with my heart and soul.
In my next visit to leh i am bound to stay with mr Rigzin.
Altjough not a luxury hotel but real value for money and much more then that.

• Stayed August 2013