This review comes in very fresh, since we stayed at Bijoo Hotel until yesterday morning (i.e., 24th May 2013)!!
We went with a family of 6 and 1 infant. So this might interest a lot of couples with infants or young kids.
So here it is..
- Service: In fact we were surprised to see such good service at a remote place like Leh. On detailed discussion with the owner Mr. Bijoo Khan, we got to know that a lot of foreign tourist do visit here and they have matured with this.
- Response Time: Good response time. The entire hotel staff is quick and respond very well to your requests.
- Hospitality: Very welcoming and warm. Mr. Bijoo Khan himself is a wonderful person with loads of interesting facts and info.
- Food: Good variety of food at dinner. Enjoyed the soups, pasta and chinese cuisine. Breakfast has a fixed menu of bread-butter, parathas and omelette. But very sumptuous and filling. Tea-Coffee was readily available!! You surely need a lot of tea-coffee, with outside temperatures being quite low.
- Friendly: The entire hotel staff is from Jharkhand (and so is in almost all the the hotels in Leh) and everyone was very friendly.
- Location: This is a super positive for Bijoo. Centrally located with the Tibetan Refugee Markets around, Axis Bank ATM just outside the hotel and Chaska-Maska Restaurant (visit suggested).
- Cleanliness: This can surely be improved further.
- Room Size: There are two buildings which host around 20+ rooms. Building on the left has smaller rooms on two floors while building on the right has bigger rooms. Well, there isn't much scope to increase the room
- Children Engagement: Not much for the kids to play with except for the open spaces to run around. But this isn't much of a bother since most of the time is spent sight-seeing or relaxing.
- Hot Water Timings: 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening. They are now planning to install solar water heaters but that may take at least 4-6 more months.
- Room Lighting: Lighting needs improvement as room lighting is low and dim.
- The staff was very helpful & courteous in preparing food for our 1 year old daughter. As per hotel policy, they do not allow external food to be cooked in their kitchen but we had taken a lot of stuff from home for the baby.
Note - They have their website and photos on it. You may contact the owner Mr. Bijoo Khan directly and work a good itinerary before going there.
So all in all a good budget hotel which is centrally located!
- Also Known As:
- Bijoo Hotel Leh, Ladakh