OK... If you are looking for 5 star hotels in Leh forget it. There are not any as far as I am aware. But this place is up in the Himalayas and remote. We found it very pleasant. It was quiet, there is no pool, yes it does look over a building site at the back, yet there is some charm about the place. It is quiet and peaceful, we found the staff pleasant and friendly. The buffet dinner was excellent although they did keep telling me the spicy dishes were really spicy (i.e. lots of chilli) but this was because we were European. We love chilli.
All the hotels on our extensive trip to India charge for the internet. The speed is not great but it got us the basics of what we wanted. The rooms are not great but they are pleasant enough, clean and well looked after.
You have to accept Leh is off the beaten track and the Golden Dragon goes a good job of at least trying to look after you in a reasonable way and we liked it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in the lap of luxury with all kinds of comforts at 3,500m above sea level A holiday to Ladakh is an enriching experience where you have the opportunity to observe and absorb a whole new culture. And you can do this without giving up on all the comforts you're used to by booking a stay at The Grand Dragon Ladakh. The hotel, which is just 5km from Leh airport and half a kilometre from the city centre, is an eco-friendly property offering services such as a 24-hour coffee shop, a multi-cuisine restaurant with a separate vegetarian kitchen, a shopping arcade, relaxing garden, exercise lawn and jogging track, a health club and a spa. You don't need to worry about any acclimatisation issues as the hotel provides for a doctor on call as well as a complimentary oxygen cylinder in your room if you so desire. The Grand Dragon Ladakh is built in traditional style and practices a 'green philosophy', which means that it has 95 solar panels to save energy and heat water for central heating and the bathrooms. And if you want to hold your business meeting or plan a wedding or other event here, you'll find everything you need to make your event memorable. The Grand Dragon Ladakh has a conference hall (which can accommodate up to 200 people), a banquet hall and VIP lounge-along with a business centre for any corporate needs. Book your stay at The Grand Dragon Ladakh when you travel to Leh for an experience like no other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Dragon Ladakh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Dragon Ladakh Hotel Leh
- Grand Dragon Ladakh Leh
- The Grand Dragon Ladakh Leh