Stayed there on 1st and 2nd october 2012. It is surely the best property in Leh. Upon arrival, we were told that our rooms have been upgraded(yippie). The hotel is in a walkable location from the main market, rooms are very nice, bathrooms awesome, round the clock power supply and hot water(which is a luxury in Leh), mini bar, efficient room service, and everything a good hotel has. The food is very nice, had continental, italian and indian during our 2 days stay, and all the dishes were good. Loved their yellow dal fry, and grand dragon club sandwich. Also each floor has a small sitting area where you can spend some quiet time outside the room. The garden is also beautiful, and well developed, where you can enjoy with friends and family. Pricing is also good seeing the status and prices of other hotels in Leh. The only and only negative which I experienced was the hotel's policy of charging every amenity they offered. Like pool table(300.0/hr), billiards(500.0/hr), massage chair(500.0/hr), wifi(300.0/hr) ect. My point is that in a luxury hotel like this, please make all these facilities free, which will make the guest fall in love with this hotel. Even if the management has to give a 5% hike inroom rent, that is ok for the guest, but paying every time extra kind of pinches the guest. Of the 2 days I stayed, I saw no one using these facilities. As the town shuts down at night, facilities like this for free would make the stay at this fine hotel truly memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in the lap of luxury with all kinds of comforts at 3,500m above sea level. Our hotel blends traditional architecture with luxurious accommodation to create a unique experience. We are practicing a “Green” philosophy, using 95 solar panels for hot water supply and heating system. The hotel offers 82 rooms including 3 beautifully appointed suites, each of which comes with all modern amenities like LED TV with entertainment channels, telephone, Wi-Fi Internet access, and magnificent views. Indulge in 24-hour room service, a multi cuisine coffee shop (Zasgyath), a specialty restaurant (TUSRABS) and a bakery (Solja). Avail the assistance of a well-appointed travel desk, wellness center and enjoy indoor games, cultural shows and bonfire on demand. Conference hall, board room, business centre, shopping arcade, relaxing garden, exercise lawn and jogging track are also available for guests' comfort. Book your stay at The Grand Dragon Ladakh for an experience like no other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your The Grand Dragon Ladakh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Dragon Ladakh Hotel Leh
- Grand Dragon Ladakh Leh
- The Grand Dragon Ladakh Leh