“Good Value for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Sadaf

Hotel Sadaf
Ranked #43 of 129 Hotels in Srinagar
NOIDA
“Good Value for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2010

The hotel is situated just behind the main market area of Lal chowk. It's a good value for money in terms of clean lodging & boarding and really very near to all the point of attractions like Daal Lake, Bus stop & Taxi stand. The staff was friendly and showed a great deal of care for our safety with volatile political climate in Kashmir valley. Recommendation is to do online booking for this place in advace so they are prepared for your arrival and you will save your self from touts who try to sell you a room or polluting houseboat the moment you arrive at Srinagar. The in house restaurant has limited items on menu but are prepared well. Its vegetarian friendly too.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank darsh111

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Surat
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

I had a good experience while my stay at hotel sadaf. Its hospitality was excellent & will be looking forwarded to them when I go back again to J&K.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Divyeshh
New Delhi, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2010

Hi Friends, I visited Srinagar on 29th May 2010 alongwith my family. I had prior booking courtesy Make My Trip.com. I took a taxi from Airport and reached Hotel Sadaf. I was very excited as this was m y first visit in Srinagar. I reached Hotel within half an hour. But I was shocked on reaching Hotel. The Hotel was in a narrow lane and there was water everywhere in front of the Hotel, I had never imagined in my wildest dreams that the Hotel will be like this. The reception area was very small in size. The Double Deluxe room which I was allotted was also very small. The condition of the Hotel was also not good. Anyways I retired myself into bed as I was very tired and hubgry. I ordered for some food. The food was of 3rd standard and very thanda. I immediately decided to change the Hotel. I reached Dal Lake and looked for a good Hotel and shifted the next day. Although I didnot get any refund for the same. The only consolation was Dr. Munir who is a thorough gentleman. He was hurt to know and sad that I am shifting the Hotel . He requested me not to change the hOTEL AS HE WILL PROVIDE ME ANOTHER ROOM FREE OF COST. But I refused her offer and changed the Hotel next day on 30th May.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
14 Thank KUMARSUNIL
Chennai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2010

We stayed there for nearly 5 days at Hotel Sadaf. We went for a Honey Moon Trip over there. The Hotel is really nice, excellent & secured place to stay. All the persons including the Hotel Boys were very nice and helpful for us. We never felt any inconvenience there. ONly thing is its a Vegetarian Restaurant and I am a Non-Vegerarian, so Myself and my wife have to go to a nearby Non-Veg Hotel to have some spicy non-veg. Otherwise its a Very Good Budget Hotel we can say. The Hotel Manager Muneer was very helpful for us in a lot of ways especially arranging for sight seeing he arranged the cab to go for all places. The CAb Driver Asif was a very nice, Kind person you can say, he took us all the places in and around Srinagar, Gulmarg, Sonmarg, Pahalgam, Dal Lake, local sight seeing, everything. We never felt that we were insecure under any circumstances. All the people in Sadaf hotel are well disciplined and friendly.
I would say if you are planning for a trip in srinagar stay at Hotel Sadaf and you can feel the difference when compared to other hotels.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Alto007
Delhi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2010

I didnt enjoyed with Sadaf Hotel in srinagar jammu and kashmir. I stayed for 5days but I didnt enjoyed even single minute. I was the only guest in the Hotel and there was no proper house keeping. Location is not that good. You have travel very far for Dal Lake view. Owner was very good to me but What is the point when you dont enjoy your trip.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
6 Thank gulfamahmad
Ghaziaabd
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2010

We were 5 friends there, and the hotel was very good and good staff and cuisine specially non veg was good but they have flaws in veg. Although the rooms was clean and good painting was there along with the sights from the hotels was good. we enjoyed the stay there.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank badridude
bhopal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2010

We used to stay in the hotel during our family tour to Kashmir. Budgetwise it is good hotel having star facility. Location wise, it is situated in city and well connected. Room service is average.

Overall facilities are not excellent but budgetwise it is good option.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family