“Mr”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dunsborough, Australia
“Mr ”
Reviewed April 17, 2018 for a stay in April 2018
person found this review helpful

Was recommended this place through Khan from treks and travel and so glad he convinced us to go. He booked taxis at both Delhi and Srinagar as well as flights along with our first night on the boat so it was all hassle free.
Had the best time in Srinagar, had 3 nights on the boats and they also organised our 6 day hike up near Gangabal. Recommend asking for Amjid if you do the hikes as he’s a great guide and really friendly!
The staff are really friendly and will do anything to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Abdul was our host and he is an absolute legend, can’t thank him enough for all he did. Hafin took us to the night markets and on a boat trip as well as escorting is around wherever we went and was so nice and really helpful.
The boats are beautiful and very comfortable and the food is out of this world. They offer more tea than an Englishman can drink throughout the day which is a first.
The view from the boats is beautiful and the best experience I’ve had in India.
You won’t be disappointed if you book with Lala Ruhk!!!

Steven C
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed January 16, 2018 for a stay in January 2018
people found this review helpful

Everyone involved with the Lalarukh Houseboats is wonderful! The service is superb - everyone is welcoming, attentive, friendly and caring. The location is beautiful and the accommodations are magnificent. I was there in January and it was freezing cold but the electric blanket that was turned on before I went to bed made for a fantastic sleep. I can only imagine how incredible it would be to be there in the summertime, not just when the weather is warm but also when the trees in the mountains are full of leaves and the huge gardens in the town are full of flowers.
I was traveling alone and the driver, host, and tour guide were all fun to be with and all made me feel comfortable and safe. There is a big military presence in the town and especially at the airport but that shouldn’t deter you. Just make sure you book a window seat for the plane flight because the view of the Himalayas from the air is spectacular!

Jan 19, 2018
Dear Guest
I thank you for taking out time to post a review of us on Tripadvisor.com. We are delight to know that you loved our houseboat, staff, food anrd services. I have shared your positive feedback with my team and its a source of motivation for all of us. We look forward to welcoming you back to our houseboat.

ivoryjoe2...
New Delhi, India
“Lala Rukh houseboat”
Reviewed January 15, 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

The staff at Lala Rukh were very friendly and the food was amazing. Will be returning and recommend!

Jan 23, 2018
Dear Guest
I thank you for taking out time to post a review of us on Tripadvisor.com. We are delight to know that you loved our houseboat, staff, food and services. I have shared your positive feedback with my team and its a source of motivation for all of us. We look forward to welcoming you back to our houseboat.

patrickpa...
““Love at first sight "”
Reviewed January 10, 2018 for a stay in November 2017

"And now you can relax." Those were the words of Sulhail Ahmed of Trek & Travel in November 2017. I had just paid him a substantial sum of money for a three week travel plan of India. He had gone through inumerable options for traveling in Kashmir, Amritsar, Rajasthan and Kerala. Sulhail seemed an honest and forthright man. I trusted him. But I did not know him well. The question was, 'Would he deliver on what was promised?'

Well, I write this from my hotel room in Delhi on my last day in India. I can report that he delivered far more than what was promised and more that any travelor could reasonably expect. I am astonished at his ability to coordinate travel across so many differing regions in India.

Let me begin by describing the best part of the trip, in Kashmir. My palatial bedroom was in a houseboat on Lake Dahl. All meals were provided by an amiable and accomplished cook who provided me a full range of traditional Kashmiri dishes. Each day was something new and delicious.  To tour and hike through Kashmir, I was provided a fluent English guide and a driver. These two drove me throughout Kashmir, to mountains, to parks and historical  gardens. I was astonished that both a driver and guide toured with me for eight hours each day. I went to remote and beautiful mountain ranges, visited Mosques and took a boat tour around Lake Dahl. I cannot express my gratitude for this intimate view of Kashmiri culture. It was made possible by a company with decades of experience in catering to international travelor. Indeed, as i learned, Sulhail's family has been running tours of Kashmir for generations, dating back to the time of British. This explains his complete command of the English language as well as his ability to anticipate exactly what a foreigner finds interesting in the Indian kaleidoscope.

From Kashmir I went to Amritsar,  Jaipur,  Mumbai and Kovalam. The pattern for all these journeys was the same. Whether traveling by air, training  or motor vehicle,  a driver was present at each place with my name printed on a sign guiding me to my next hotel room. When planning the trip, Sulhail told me he had connections over all India. This was no exaggeration. Hotels were always perfectly situated,  the hotel in Mumbai being the best example. Right on the ocean in the fashionable Marine Drive, I was in the heart of that great city able to access the finest restaurants and all the great sites. In all these places, Sulhail provided a seamless web of drivers, hotel accommodations and travel guides happy to cater to my every desire. At any time,  Sulhail remained avail for my phone call to clarify arrangements and address any concern. I do not know how he did it, but he was with me every step of the way.

Looking back over the last three weeks, I am astonished at all Trek & Travel provided. The money i spent seems trivial when measured against the experience. India was opened to me. The curtain was drawn back by a company of great experience and accomplishment. Trek & Travel showed me India. What is that worth?

Jan 13, 2018

dakota h
“Amazing”
Reviewed October 15, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

Wow! What a welcoming and friendly family owned business. No complaints. Food is delicious.recommended to everyone we meet.

Marc S
east london
“Hosts you can TRUST in the Kashmir”
Reviewed August 27, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

I first came to the Kashmir in 2016 and was heavily ripped off by a family who operate a guest house and house boat in Srinagar. So when I returned I was very nervous of a repeat situation. This is a stark reality when visiting Srinagar unfortunately. It seems my second experience was the opposite of the first. Suhail and his family are incredible hosts with excellent local knowledge, they provided my group with great information and options for our time on the Lake. Not to mention the food we enjoyed, the famed Kashmir Wazwan, I have had it before, but the Wazwan on La La Rukh was by far the best. They do their best to make you feel at home, they can arrange drinks on the Shikaras as well as after hour rides on the lake, I suggest a late night lake excusion, once the hustle and bustle of the markets have died down, you can drift under the moonlight, a really great experience. I would definitely recommend Lalarukh houseboats and will certainly return. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Wifi works well, a fridge is there to keep your drinks cold!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Aug 28, 2017
Mohd Shafi K, Owner at Lalarukh Houseboats, responded to this review
Responded 16 July 2017

A TripAdvisor Member
“Beautiful Kashmir”
Reviewed August 23, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

Thank you Suhail for an amazing stay on your beautiful houseboat in Srinagar.

We loved every minute of our stay. You took care of everything, from the amazing and delicious home-cooked meals, to our excursions and all our transportation! We felt very well taken care of and we didn't need to fret about all the details - you took care of everything!

This is a beautiful part of the country, and well worth a visit. We know some people are concerned about travelling to Jammu and Kashmir because of political unrest, but we never felt concerned, threatened or in any danger. In fact, it was the opposite - everyone was so welcoming! We recommend Lalrukh houseboats for a fantastic stay. Special shout out to Abdullah who treated us so well.

Highly recommend this company for a stay that we will always remember!

Tom & Carolyn

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Aug 25, 2017
response:

suhail ahmad
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing