“Vey Nice Guest House”

Green Acre Guest House
Ranked #32 of 361 Srinagar B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed here around 10 times during my Business Trips. I must say that I am fully satisfied by the service of Guest House. Rooms are really good, they have centralised heating system now which makes your stay comfortable during Winters. I like the garden area and cherry trees. good homely food. very friendly staff and owner are very good. Good for both long and short stay.

Room Tip: Go for old rooms they are built with rare wood and the engraved ceiling looks awesome
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank GrigariousTraverler

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I am a bit late in writing this review, but better late than never. I visited Kashmir for my honeymoon in May 2012 and chose to stay at Green Acre, Srinagar after research on tripadvisor and internet. I must say the choice was the best. Right from booking over phone to check-in with no hassles. The room was spacious with a nice bed. Now the best part: Service was awesome. They made us feel at home when help needed. My wife caught a stomach problem and dehydrated the first day. Mr. Wazir arranged for a cab and person to accompany to nearby hospital. After 4 hours and couple of saline bottles...Mr.Wazir suggested to get her back to the guest house. We did so and they took the utmost care of her by preparing special food for her. One day's rest and my wife was up and we enjoyed the rest of week. Thank you to Mr.Wazir and staff of green Acre. Food was very nice and Khawa awesome. I would recommend this hotel because of its location away from the hustle and bustle of Dal Lake area and still near to the centre.
Keep it up Green Acre!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bigG_2013
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is a wonderful guest house located near the downtown area and Dal Lake and run by a very kind family. The place came highly recommended by other friends and colleagues who have stayed here. I stayed here during the off season from Dec 6-10 on a hastily planned trip. Though it was quite cold for me in Srinagar at the time, the room was always warm -- the heating worked well (and the beds are heated for added comfort) and there was always hot water. The service was really excellent here. I stayed at a really upscale in Mumbai just a week before and honestly the staff here at the Green Acre was better and much more responsive. Everything you need is here --meals, car service, internet -- so its very convenient for those on business or research. There was some trouble with the internet service provider as I've encountered elsewhere but again, the proprietor had a very functional alternative in the form of a USB plug in with wireless reliance internet service. Also, as I discovered my pre-paid SIM card from Delhi would not work here, but again, the proprietor was able to help me out with this. Again -- the comfort of a professionally run place but very accommodating to any personal needs.

One thing to be aware of -- while the car service they contract is excellent and the drivers are very good and reliable, I did find the car service prices a bit higher than I expected. Having hired a car around Delhi for the previous month I had not encountered these rates before and thought it to be a bit steep, despite this being a tourist destination. In the end I would have still chosen to use the service since I was not familiar with alternatives in the area and knew I could trust them, which certainly counts for a lot. But if you plan to use the car service, just make sure to ask in advance what the daily rate is.

Overall, an excellent place to stay whether for business or vacation. I know I will plan to visit them again, especially when the weather is warmer.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have used reviews on trip advisor to plan my trip before. However, this is my first review- This hotel is a great place. We were in Kashmir from 12th to 19th November 2012 and spent 4 nights at Green acre. We were a group of 11 people including 5 senior citizens (with no special needs) and 2 kids and this hotel could make everybody happy. We occupied 4 rooms (double delux rooms 102, 103, 104, 105) all were large, clean and well equipped with heaters/ electric blankets/ 24/7 running hot water to keep all of us warm. Good veg. food- al-a-carte turned out cheaper. It would have been nice to have early morning tea (6.30 am instead of 8 am) or hot water kettle. Other than this- Great property, ever smiling Vivek and other support staff. For one night we were upgraded- at no additional cost, to 2 suits on top floor (201/ 202) and 2 charming rooms in original house (H01 and H02- close to reception). Rooms in old house are nice and cozy. 202 has good view- but we found it bit cold in november- need better heating- but will be great in summer.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We have stayed at Room 103, from 20th-26th September, upon a reference from a friend. We are delighted to be here for our stay, though we have initially made a booking at a nearby hotel of recent origin.

The Highs:

Truly lovely property, serene, full of greenery, nature at its best nestling the property, calm and peaceful locality and environment.
Homely environment, accentuated by the personal attention of Mr.Vivek and family's interest in making the experience better.
Fresh food
Bed with electric fitting to enable to be warm whenever one requires
Spruced up bathroom with renovated tiles and well kept room
Excellent staff service
Professional driver service that gets arranged, that is also cost effective, by Mr.Vivek
Spacious and well maintained rooms

The Lows/Definite Improvements needed:

- Housekeeping to be more attentive to clean up the crevices and surfaces that are laid with thin layer of dust at times
- Well coordinated upholstery to be in place
- Rooms, outer facade, the floorings, upholstery in general needs badly a renovation
- Staff need to be available in the early hours say at 6-8am at the reception to attend to any of the requests from the guests
- Restaurant: more variety of breakfast options to be available. Infact restaurant ambience needs definite improvement

- Newspaper/magazine/shopping digest/options can be provided
- Everyday, billing can be provided to the guest for them to sign off so that both the hotel and guest are clear on the total outstanding to avoid last minute rush
- Toiletries can be made available proactively everyday
- TV to be changed to a LCD with sharper reception

Room Tip: We would prefer once again 103 if given a choice. For it opens up to beautiful well grown pears tree...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PavalikaV
Reviewed September 8, 2012

With excellent reviews about this property on tripadvisor, I insisted my travel agency to arrange my stay at Green Acre Guest House, Srinagar. I stayed for three nights with my wife and two children. Mr. Vivek and his family personally ensured that our stay was comfortable. Their valuable suggestions were of great help while moving out in the city and surrounding places. The room was spacious and well furnished. The location is excellent with well maintained garden. Limited options for food if you plan to have dinner at guest house but is homely and far better than what is offered at nearby restaurants. The other services were also excellent. Our travel to Gulmarg and Pahalgam was also arranged by Mr. Vivek. Mr. Naseer (Taxi Driver) made every arrangements for us when we were on the move. Although our family was alone his company made us feel safe throughout. I would like to thank Mr. Vivek and Mr. Naseer for taking special care of my family. Any future trip to Srinagar and I am staying at Green Acre Guest House for sure.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2012

To start with Vivek was very helpful in giving information about Kashmir. He helped us to plan our trip better. Green acres is really a homely place. We got a very nice room. Everything was taken care. Staff was friendly and helpful. Food was good too. Stayed for 2 nights and had an awesome stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family