“Memorable Hotel and the Best”
Review of Hotel Dar-Es-Salam

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Srinagar
Hotel Dar-Es-Salam
Ranked #11 of 135 Hotels in Srinagar
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We chose Hotel Dar-Es-Salaam to celebrate our 35th Wedding Anniversary in September. We stayed here for six nights and every day was a memorable one. I cannot find words to describe our stay.. The location and surroundings were mind blowing. Staff were very friendly, helpful and always smiling. Credit goes to Quuram for keeping the hotel, rooms, gardens etc to a very high standard. We requested for a room with a lake view on our arrival and were given one next day. There are so many nice places to visit eg Gulmarg,Phalgaon, Sonamarg and many, many more. One should never miss Shikara ride. We took Shikara from our hotel (Lake Nagin) to Dal lake and spent 5 hours on it and this was the most exciting experience of our life. My husband and I would like to thank Mr Quuram and his staff to make our dream come true. We would like to come back again sometime - may be on our 40th wedding anniversary. Vijay (mrs) and Mukesh Dutta .

Room Tip: Room 10 has got a very good view of a lake and its surroundings.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Vijay D
There are newer reviews for Hotel Dar-Es-Salam

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here in Mar 2012.
Came to know about this place on trip advisor, the hotel photographs & location just looked superb; was a bit skeptical as this place is not advertised well. However trusting the reviews here called up the hotel for reservation.

Personal Attention -
From the first call till my last day at the hotel the experience was superlative. (I also stayed at Lalit Grand Palace for a couple of days towards the end of my vacation)
Mr. Khurram, the owner gave me a personal walk through of the boutique hotel when I stepped in while my check-in was being processed. (do you get this at a 5 Star? probably you're just asked to wait and have your welcome drink:-))
I planned my tour of 8days, so had no inter-city travel bookings, Mr. Khurram helped with those too.
I'd like to thank Khurram for making the start of my Vacation in Kashmir so memorable. hats off & thumbs-up! I'd be visiting again for sure.

Hotel Interiors -
Photographs on trip advisor speaks for it.
Rooms are decent enough. No complaints (for those with complaints, i'd like to remind this is not a 5 star.)
Awesome ambiance; I didn't get a lake facing room, however the hotel has so many places to sit outside, that you won't really miss it.
Clean. well maintained garden.

Staff - helpful
food - I only had breakfast at hotel which was good. I wanted to try local delicacies, so had other meals in local famous restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank IrishPavee
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The surroundings of the hotel is all it assures to be. Most of the staff that we met were very friendly and kind. I would know what to imagine and hence be more. Awesome breakfast, lunch.. everything was fine.. only thing is room was not that much big. But It was some what comfy. I enjoyed here lots with my family.. The climate was also very nice.. V had very pleasant stay at Hotel Dar-Es-Salam. Thanks for making our family trip so.. beautiful..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 506SaraL
Reviewed October 29, 2012

And what a location - the banks of the Nagin/Dal lake! Congratulations to Quuran for managing to keep the serenity and idyllic atmosphere within the beautiful gardens and tastefully decorated building.

Hotel very cosy, clean and comfortable with helpful staff.

Room Tip: One or two rooms have carpets as opposed to wooden floor. The wooden floors are lovely, and are ver...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joya G
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We have stayed there for few nights. It was in good location. Our room was lake view. The room was fine, I would not say wonderful, but possibly it can be good standard in Kashmir. Ashtray all over the hotel and guests are smoking which I did not like. Food was wonderful first time, but I could not eat every night. If you are indian,maybe you can enjoy. However, it is too heavy for foreigner and similar dishes every night. But the quality was good. Location was in good area. But some room is quite close to road side. I took a boat from main center of city and took me about 2 hours, but I really enjoyed the journey. The hotel garden was really beautiful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank churachura
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The hotel is as beautiful located as It overlooks the Nigeen Lake.The food was very good but lacked variety in menu.The rooms are clean and quiet spacious but lack basic facilities like Tea/coffee maker in the room .Would suggest only the lake view rooms . But finally very happy with the place and staff who have maintained this boutique property it so beautifully.

Room Tip: Select only & only lake view rooms .
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank wildSudhir
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The hotel is as beautiful as it looks in the pictures. It overlooks the Nigeen Lake, which is much cleaner than the Dal lake. The garden is beautifully manicured but does not look artificial. The hotel has very few rooms but they are spacious. The bathrooms, though spacious, could do with exhaust (the only negative in the place). The food, surprisingly, was the best we got in Srinagar. To top it all, the service was prompt and excellent. Highly recommended - only problem is that you may not feel like stepping out of the hotel !

• Stayed: October 2012