“Good Hotel”
Review of Hotel Pine Spring

Hotel Pine Spring
Ranked #54 of 142 Hotels in Srinagar
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stayed 4 nights from 6th June in a Standard room which was as i had seen on their web site. We did not get the welcome drink but that was not a big deal. The room was clean and all the amenities worked. Buffet Breakfast was good and eggs to order came quite promptly. My better half complained to the Restaurant Manager about the cleanliness of the table clothes. Next day not just the table clothes but the whole room had been cleaned and it felt we were in a different place. The General Manager came to see us to thank us for pointing this out.He and his Restaurant Manager had recently joined the Hotel and were trying to improve it's image and as i have worked in the industry before he took on most of our suggestions. We will revisit this hotel next time we are in India.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank shamsh k

Reviewed June 9, 2014

In outset I would like to share my experience the process of booking room at this property. I had booked 2 rooms for 3 nights atleast one month in advance of my stay at the property. Booking was done through Agoda.com. One week prior to the date of stay I had mailed to the hotel for confirmation of my booking. To my shock hotel denied any such booking. Then I had to contact Agoda and ask them to interfere. With couple of calls and mails hotel confirmed my booking. Mr. Joby (General Manager of the Wazir Bagh property) helped a lot in the process of confirming my booking. For 4-5 hours I had nightmare when I was told tat my booking is not there and I had already paid more than Rs 40,000.

We have visited this place during 1st week of June and paid Rs 7,000 per room per night including breakfast.

Property is new and therefore rooms are good and spacious.

We had breakfast in hotel and found that options were very few as compared to variety available in any other 4 star property. However, Mr. Joby (General Manager) tried his best to provide to good quality food and meet customers satisfaction.

Overall experience was nice but expensive.

Room Tip: Try to get garden facing rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank 4Amit4
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in june.Grand reception and welcome.Welcome drinks were also served.The general manager of the hotel was a fine man.We were given the best room in the super deluxe class which had a bath-tub and a clean bathroom.Other super deluxe rooms dont have a bath-tub and a big bathroom.The manager upgraded my relatives to the presidential suite roomfor free.The TV had pen drive,sd card and a hdmi slots..24 hours hot running water.The big rooms gave a feel of 5 star hotels..The buffet food was also nice..No fitness centre and the location wasn't great too.The staff was very well behaved.But overall a great hotel for any kind of stay in any season.

Room Tip: room no. 107 or 108 or same room numbers on a higher floor(super deluxe rooms-better than the suite...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sandeep-Goyal1969
sheikhiqbal, General Manager at Hotel Pine Spring, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Dear Mr Sandeep Goel.
Greeting From Hotel Pine Spring
I really thanks to upgrade our Srinagar property and we really sorry that you faced problems in pahalgam. Your next trip to pahalgam won't disappoint you . I really appreciate the comments which help us to rectify things in pahalgam and provide better service in our all properties.

Regards
Joby
General Manager.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Dear all
Greeting From Hotel pine Spring ,Srinagar
I am really happy to see all suggestion and complaints which from all of you .We try to rectify thing and we work more hard to serve you better.
Thanks for your Valuable Comments, its help us to do Provide better Service and we are here for all of you.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JOBY954
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We stayed here at the tail end of our trip to Kashmir. And found it extremely pleasant and restful. It had a lift which was a boon for the elderly in our party. The rooms were of decent size with new, working fittings in the bathrooms. Very clean. The food in the buffet was simple and good. Room service and staff were helpful. Central heating worked. The hotel is situated centrally, which means no views. But that hardly mattered to us at that point. Shops and busy streets close by. We were given two connecting rooms which worked very well for us . Good experience .

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank mittaipink
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Like Pahalgam & Gulmarg, this hotel is also Centrally heated. Managing Director of these Group Hotels is sitting here. He is a nice person. This is a high Security Zone. Centrally located, but far away from Dallake. Everything in this hotel are excellent except food. It is my sincere request to respected MD, please take care regarding food quality of your hotel. Except the food quality and Room Service this hotel is equivalent to 3-4star Category. During my 3days stay in Srinagar not only me and my family, as well as other Guest including one foreigner Couple also faced the problem regarding the food quality during breakfast. 1st. day after reaching at Srinagar from their Gulmarg Property the Food was served it was eatable. That day we have decided we will take lunch and dinner Outside. But 1st. night since we were tired we had ordered through room service, First time after placing order, food was not reached upto 11.00pm, after reminder they have served bitter taste food, which could not able to eat. Next day onwards we have taken the dinner outside. Poor Breakfast & Food quality and waste service is responsible down grade of this hotel. Though property is no doubt excellent. Looking forward to come again in this Hotel for stay only not for food.

Room Tip: All front side rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Subhendu S
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I found this hotel well located and well managed. Excellent buffet food and rooms are excellent. One of the better professionally managed hotels of J&K. Their other hotels in other locations are good. Our 1 night stay was really comfortable in every sense.

I find some reviews out of place and ill-managed.

Room Tip: Face the mountains road side..for a better view
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family