All reviews yakub bhai nagin lake dunoo family house boat the owner his brother visit kashmir great hospitality awesome experience safe stay memorable stay living room family members second home kashmiri wazwan hustle bustle every guest
Reviewed November 15, 2015

We (Me, my sister and my mom) travelled to Kashmir. After checking the reviews of other houseboats and hotels we selected Houseboat New Golden Flower which is located in Nigeen lake. The houseboat is moored in the middle of the lake where from one can enjoy whole scene of lake apart of this the guest who will stay at this place has an opportunity to watch sun rise and sun set which you can not from other houseboats.

We are very thankful to Mr. Yakub who organised our tailor-made tours to rinagar local sight-seeing, Gulmarg, Pahalgam and Sonamarg. The car which Yakub bhai provided was deluxe so was the driver.

We noted and checked by our-self that what it was mentioned in the reviews we have experienced the same. This family is great and so is their hospitality. The food is home made cooked.

We recommend everyone that they should choose this property for their holidays in Kashmir.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled with family
newgoldenflower786, General Manager at New Golden Flower Heritage Houseboat, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2015

Dear Guest
I thank you for taking out time to post a review of us on Tripadvisor. We are delight to know that you loved our houseboat, staff, food and services. I have shared your positive feedback with my team and its a source of motivation for all of us. Such scintillating reviews make efforts worthwhile. Secondly, We will complete our 100 years of Houseboat Hospitality in 2016. Therefore, we will organise a grand celebration on 7th & 8th May 2016. I will personally sent invitations to our valued guests who had stayed in our Property " Houseboat New Golden Flower".We look forward to welcoming you back to our houseboat.

Reviewed November 13, 2015

We already stayed in this houseboat months ago and very strangers but later we were treated like family members that is why we were invited on wedding and without thinking we decided to visit again this place which is considered as "Paradise".

I along-with my daughter and the family of my sister arrived to Kashmir and stayed with family. Actually, it is winter and cold but once we were in houseboat we could not feel uncomfortable. In a brief everything was first class.

If in future i will plan my holidays it is my desire to come again and again to Kashmir and stay in Houseboat New Golden Flower.

Room Tip: We were in all 3 rooms and each room is similar

Dear Gulvanti ji,

I thank you very much indeed that you choose second time our property for your holidays in Kashmir. Secondly, We will complete our 100 years of Houseboat Hospitality in 2016. Therefore, we will organise a grand celebration on 7th & 8th May 2016. I will personally sent invitations to our valued guests who had stayed in our Property " Houseboat New Golden Flower".We look forward to welcoming you back to our houseboat.

Reviewed November 12, 2015

Me and my sister Gulvanti decided to visit Kashmir once again as it was wedding of Ayub the Younger brother of Yakub Bhai on 5th of November. We were invited by the family on the wedding.
Anyway, it was nice to witness the culture and tradition of Kashmiri wedding which never get chance. Thanks a million to Yakub bhai who trated us like his own family members and trus we enjoyed a lot at Nigeen lake in Houseboat New Golden Flower. We got another chance to visit Sonamarg and Gulmarg and were lucky to watch live snowfall. Great! Thumbs up....
This family is great and their hospitality... They treat every guest as their own. I recommend every person who is planning to visit Kashmir do stay at Houseboat New Golden Flower and your all arrangements are possible under one roof with Yakub Bhai

Dear Ela ji,

I thank you very much indeed for your second time stay in our property . Secondly, We will complete our 100 years of Houseboat Hospitality in 2016. Therefore, we will organise a grand celebration on 7th & 8th May 2016. I will personally sent invitations to our valued guests who had stayed in our Property " Houseboat New Golden Flower".We look forward to welcoming you back to our houseboat.

Reviewed November 11, 2015

This was my second visit to Kashmir and second review.T his time i was along-with my sister, brother-in-law Mr. Janardhan Raja and his 3 sons. Actually, we planned to visit Mata Vaishno Devi, Katra and once we can down from Bhawan we decided to visit Kashmir. So we made a phone call to Yakub Bhai and he arrange a car for us from Katra to Srinagar. We reached in night and believe me Yakub Bhai as an owner of Houseboat was waiting for us with a shikara. It was chilly cold and he paddle a shikara by himself. As we check-in houseboat we were honored and greeted by his Brother Ayub and father. We took a Kashmiri Green tea (Kahawa) once again as love the stuff.
Our rooms were warm and i should thank Yakub Bhai who provided hot water bottles in our beds for night.
Next morning we took breakfast and leave for Gulmarg to see fresh snow. Once again thanks to Yakub Bhai who gave us his woolen coats and that helped us a lot at Gulmarg. However, we got 6 Gondola tickets to Affarwat and really enjoyed a lot.
Words are not enough how to express the beauty of Kashmir and the hospitality of Yakub bhai. I wish to come every year and explore Kashmir through the guidlines of owner.
I recommend everyone to visit Kashmir and stay at Houseboat New Golden Flower
Adisha Uma

Room Tip: all most all rooms are similar
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled with family

Dear Adisha ji,

Reviewed November 9, 2015

Had been with our family at this houseboat early Nov'15 in Nigeen Lake which itself is serene location unlike Dal lake which is full of hustle / bustle. Right from the traditional welcome at the airport which was done which was along with "Kehwa" ( Kashmiri Tea ) being given to us in the vehicle as the day we arrived was quite a chilled & rainy afternoon. As we reached the lake immediately we were transferred to their Houseboat by their own "Shikara". As we entered the houseboat we were immediately shifted in the room where they already kept the bed heater & room heater switched on due chilling weather followed by sumptuous snacks. Thereafter we were given a wide range of dinner to choose from their menu. We wanted to try Kashmiri Wazwan to which we were served the best of the preparation. Really wished if the same would have been available in Mumbai. The attention given by their team irrespective for any of our need has always been spontaneous & immediately responded. The next day after the very much required hot water ( available 24 hrs ) bath we were served breakfast as per our choice which made our day energetic for the sight seeing for which the vehicle was too arranged by them. The rooms were neat & clean with traditional handicrafts & a window overlooking the beauty of the Nigeen lake. Many thanks to Yakub Bhai & his team for such a warmth hospitality.

Room Tip: The middle rooms are larger in size

Dear Nilet Bhai,