All reviews yakub bhai nagin lake dunoo family house boat the owner his brother visit kashmir great hospitality awesome experience safe stay memorable stay living room family members second home kashmiri wazwan hustle bustle every guest
Reviewed October 31, 2015

Its really difficult to make a decision to visit a state like Kashmir. We landed with curfew on hand and ended with strike. Entire period was engulfed with some or the other major issues. But our stay at Kashmir was made easier by our Host Mr Yakoob.

The sliver lining on this issue is that the host went a step ahead and made our life smooth and decisions easy and thus we went not only to all those places like Gulmarg, Sonmarg, Pehelgam but also to places like Yousmarg, Manasbal lake, old temples which does not figure on general itinerary but has lot of significance.

The stay on his houseboat was too good. The ambience, the winter clothing and quilts was sufficient enough. Served with home cooked food. This was a challenge to Mr Yakoob as we are Strict Vegetarians. The food was good.

It was splendid to be on the house boat of Mr Yakoob, a good host and Mr Zahoor who took us on trip to all the places, as a good guide. Soft spoken and has excellent knowledge of terrain, conditions and roads. This is important as Kashmir will face some or other problems. Weather and situations changes in minutes. NEVER PLAN YOUR ITINERARY before hand rather be flexible and take advise of your host.

Excellent combination of Host and Guide to make our Kashmir trip a memorable one. We landed Srinagar by Indigo at 1355 hrs on 19 Oct and took off on 27 Oct 2015.

Experience of Earthquake for 30 Secs as bonus on our itinerary.

Overall ***** excellent trip experience.

Room Tip: Room No 3 _ Bigger than other to accomodate a family
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled with family
newgoldenflower786, General Manager at New Golden Flower Heritage Houseboat, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2015

Dear Guest
I thank you for taking out time to post a review of us on Tripadvisor. We are delight to know that you loved our houseboat, staff, food and services. I have shared your positive feedback with my team and its a source of motivation for all of us. Such scintillating reviews make efforts worthwhile. Secondly, We will complete our 100 years of Houseboat Hospitality in 2016. Therefore, we will organise a grand celebration on 7th & 8th May 2016. I will personally sent invitations to our valued guests who had stayed in our Property " Houseboat New Golden Flower".We look forward to welcoming you back to our houseboat.

Reviewed October 28, 2015

During our visit to Kashmir,me and my family stayed at this Houseboat. We had booked three rooms for 2 Nights. So,basically for the two days the houseboat was ours. The Proprietor of the houseboat greeted us with a warm welcome. The hospitality provieded by this houseboat was great. It is located at Nigeen lake which is more calm and serene compared to Dal lake. Overall, It was a great stay.

Room Tip: If travelling with family,book all the three rooms. That way the whole houseboat will be yours(as it has three rooms only).
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled with family
newgoldenflower786, General Manager at New Golden Flower Heritage Houseboat, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2015

Reviewed October 11, 2015

Situated on the serene Nigeen Lake, this great houseboat was a good place to relax and enjoy the nature. The room was cozy, comfortable with decent décor. Bathrooms were clean and hygienic. And the view from the entire house boat was amazing. Yakub Bhai (the owner) made us feel comfortable arranging for our shikara rides, food as requested and also giving us few other invaluable advice. The food was simple homemade < but I think, Yakubji overcharged us for the food. We had occupied all the six rooms belonging to golden flower group. The parking area (road connectivity) is away from the houseboat and one has to take to shikara to reach the same (takes around 10 mins). So make sure to carry sufficient food/drinks and other requirements. One can even order meals on the boat with some advance intimation. Overall a good experience. Would certainly recommend for families looking forward for house boat experience

Room Tip: front room of the house boat
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family
newgoldenflower786, General Manager at New Golden Flower Heritage Houseboat, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2015

Reviewed October 9, 2015

Nigeen lake is known for its serene calm and solitude..and golden flower houseboat provides all this with elan.a blue expanse of lake from the porch soothes the eyes... there is no cacaphony of traffic or obstructed views of the lush surroundings as on the Dal lake houseboats:one can relish the calm and serenity here , and as the evening progresses, the setting sun casts a rainbow of colors on the aqua palette stretched out in front of the sit-out porch
While the service is average and the amenities a bit dated : the peace one experiences here makes up for the bloopers : for eg: food that is tad too oily, pestering vendors of saffron/tea/shawls etc.. but somehow all this seems significant in savouring the local flavour of kashmir
, The family that runs the place is un obstrusive, gives enough space to the guests and does its bit in making the stay spectacular and memorable.

Room Tip: the last room on this boat is very spacious and offers splendid views of hari parvat fort which is lit up at night
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 16, 2015

The houseboat is located in Nigeen lake which is relatively cleaner and peaceful.
There are total of 3 rooms in the houseboat, all with attached bathrooms. Rooms are clean and well decorated (provided that you like the old days charms). Hot water is available whenever you want. Free wifi is available in the reception (which is also a huge sitting area). Food was ok for us.
Yakub bhai, the owner is one of the best hosts I have ever met. He waited for us late in the afternoon despite his ill health. Bashir bhai was in charge of serving us and he took really good care of us.
Finally, it is a great place to stay run by wonderful people. We would like to visit it again when we visit Kashmir.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family