We were driving down from Leh and stayed first night at Lalit and second at Taj. now the Lalit has Stunning lawns..Amazing views of the Dal Lake....simply the best...and lots of history. the rooms are very big...very spacious, Clean, spotless and very good views from the room window of the beautiful lawns. the In room dining was extremely disappointing and no good. i mean how can one go wrong with a simple Club sandwich...? but they did. it was not what one would expect from a 5 star at all. for almost 800 bucks at least it should have proper filling and taste. Pizzas was the worst we ever had..even small cafes in Leh made yummy pizzas. i complained in the morning to the breakfast staff and they were very apologetic but it still pained me to pay for something we did not relish at all.
when we got up in the morning and went for breakfast outside in the lawns...it was a stunning view and what a way to have breakfast. superb! the Lalit has mindblowing Location for sure...its the best in Srinagar...but i do hope that they will not just ride on that alone as one needs good service and food to keep it in a good rating. the maintenance of the property is great ...most specially the magnificent lawns. i will remember the breakfast in the beautiful lawns. the breakfast had a huge number of foods and the staff were very good and when i complained to one of their Inroom food they seemed genuinely concerned and took due note. i do hope they would do something as it needs much improvement. Pankaj from senior guest service...Vivian were also very kind and showed us around. the property is beautiful indeed but just needs a good sprucing up of their food. would love to come back and would appreciate some feedback whether they did improve or not as we keep coming to Srinagar.
they also had some swings and free Horse buggy rides of the hotel grounds...kids loved it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The LaLit Grand Palace was originally built in 1901 for the royal family. It now provides luxurious rooms with views of Dal Lake and the beautiful gardens. An indoor pool, tennis courts and pampering spa treatments are also available.The tastefully designed rooms are modern with a touch of traditional charm. All have a satellite TV, minibar and free tea/coffee making facilities. It is 18 km from Srinagar Airport and 4 km from Lal Chowk city centre. Jammu Railway Station is 300 km away. Guests can enjoy a relaxing massage at Rejuve Spa Health Club, practice yoga, or play golf. The hotel also has a gym and 24-hour business center. The Chinar Garden serves North Indian cuisine, while international buffet spreads are available at The Chinar – The All Day Coffee Shop. Other dining options include Dal Bar and 24-hour room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your The Lalit Grand Palace Srinagar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lalit Grand Palace Srinagar
- The Lalit Grand Palace Srinagar Kashmir