This is no doubt one of the best kept properties in Srinagar. It is like nothing you have seen before. Visited this place in April 2012. The hotel sprawls more than a kilometre in length, boasts of the best view of the Dal lake, Gulmarg peaks, & is nestled in a mountain range. The hotel is home for some exotic birds, consists of the best tulips, apple & dry fruit trees, a dozen Chinar trees (a 100 to 300 years old), magnificent lawns & a deep royal nostalgia. In a way, it sums up Kashmir!
The complimentary breakfast is exhaustive. The Dal bar hosts the best views with your drink during the day. "The Chinar" restuarant at the hotel serves excellent a la carte food. But I was disappointed with the buffet spread at the other restaurant where we went for dinner.
The service is very good. The staff are cordial & your requirements are well catered for.
The options & treatments at the Spa are good. The swimming pool is warm. The Gym is pretty decent. Apart from table tennis, cycling, complimentary carriage ride, snooker, & a secret underground discotheque (which was closed, until I discovered it on my final day as it was undergoing a maintenance check up), there aren't many activities to do here. The hotel is not doing that well, & that explains the desperate pricing of rooms & food here.
The hotel consists of a variety of room options & we chose to stay in the Palace suite. For 15K a night, the room rates & the extra bed charges are expensive. The heater in the room was no good, & was constantly breaking down & we had to call the staff.
I would definitely wish to come back sometime & stay for a couple of days & unwind. No other better place in Srinagar than The Lalit Grand Palace, well if you've got the money to splurge of course.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The LaLit Grand Palace was originally built in 1901 for the royal family. It now provides luxurious rooms with views of Dal Lake and the beautiful gardens. An indoor pool, tennis courts and pampering spa treatments are also available.The tastefully designed rooms are modern with a touch of traditional charm. All have a satellite TV, minibar and free tea/coffee making facilities. It is 18 km from Srinagar Airport and 4 km from Lal Chowk city centre. Jammu Railway Station is 300 km away. Guests can enjoy a relaxing massage at Rejuve Spa Health Club, practice yoga, or play golf. The hotel also has a gym and 24-hour business center. The Chinar Garden serves North Indian cuisine, while international buffet spreads are available at The Chinar – The All Day Coffee Shop. Other dining options include Dal Bar and 24-hour room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lalit Grand Palace Srinagar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lalit Grand Palace Srinagar
- The Lalit Grand Palace Srinagar Kashmir