“Kashmir Great Lake trekking”

Kashmir Valley Travels Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 6 Tours in Srinagar
More attraction details
Owner description: Kashmir Valley Travels has three decades of experience in operating treks, tours and safaris in India for visitors from all around the world. Small groups and individual itineraries are catered for, and we are able to arrange individual hotel reservations and travel arrangements for your trip in order to make your travel India as simple as possible. We send over 500 trekkers into India in one season, and are proud of our well-earned reputation for providing safe treks, rafting expeditions and jungle safaris across India. It is for this reason that we have keen adventurers returning to us year after year.
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was trekking there in July , it was so fantastic . Total 6 days trek , it is moderate trek , non technical . The flowers are so nice . It was a very good trek that I will recommend ....I post my picture and call it " Heaven on Earth "

8  Thank Kanoko D
There are newer reviews for Kashmir Valley Travels Day Tours

Reviewed September 13, 2013

My much awaited tour to Srinagar, Gulmarg, Sonmarg, Phelgam and finally Vaishnodevi visit came to reality in May 2013. Though I have been told you must visit in different seasons to all these places, my vishes just fullfilled during this vacation. It was wonderful tour arranged by one of the reputed tour operator/s.
While in Srinagar I noticed strict security and hence a bit more police hurdles if you are travelling in a bus. Time restrictions of traffic for buses can be avoided by hiring small vehicles instead.
The very little(by locals) snow cladded over Gulmarg was enough for us to enjoy skidding though not skiing over the snow,but the heavy woolen garments hired at the bottom of the hill were burdened too much at the season. We truly enjoyed the cable car ride both ways but could not get a chance to go further ahead in second half of the ride as it was under repairs in spite of good weather. Though we have been instructed initially that if weather is good the authorities operate second ride did not become true in our experience, I mean there could be several other reasons also.But its worth to see even first half its truly never ending scenery. Those inexperienced I warn even the gum-boots are of no good if the snow starts becoming hard.
My third day was visiting Sonmarg. We started early morning from Srinagar,going all along the Dal lake(not to forget mentioning--observed char chinar both golden and Silver..with their water reflection in a cool and calm waters of Dal lake in the morning slant sunrays the are looking very wonderful---will never forget them.).The road journey up to Sonmarg is picturesque.One observes tall mountain range on either side covered with snow at top and fur and pine trees all over till the mountain slope plateaus, the then we see few houses here and there.The river sindh menders all along enroute from srinagar to sonmarg.When we reached Sonmarg i felt like why I didnot born here in this beautiful medows of gold region.But my feeling ended at once when i saw so many poor people just gheraoed( encircled) our bus as we got down, each one trying to capture as many tourist as possible to his daily survival. On enquiry i found they were striving to do this because this was the only season they could earn and save for their extreme hardship during winters.They can't come out of their houses for even upto three months.While chating with one such so called guide,he shown us the height of snow covers at near baltal(base camp place to Amarnath yatra)it was nearing 5 feet in summer(May 2013) adjacent the road and also showed us the last residential area in kashmir on Sonmarg baltal road. on the way we could see few yaks,very stubborn/sturdy and also the irrigation plants which use natural water resources. Here one interested thing was you will get Aloo Bhaji(Potato Vegetable) in your plate in ample amount as it is the only veg grown in this area during summer and then preserved for rest of the year.
As much more I can write about but will keep it for next time i log in.

3  Thank surendra54
Reviewed September 3, 2013

A MOST RELAXING HOLIDAY IN KASHMIR

Having just got back from two weeks in Kashmir I feel I must pass on our experience to others who might wish to visit as there are so many good things about such a trip. There are so many highlights to our (my wife and myself) visit. We are both well over 70 years of age but experienced no real difficulty from the fact that Srinagar, the capital, is at 5,500 feet above sea level and that we made a trip to the Sinchal Pass at about 11,500 feet. The views on the way to and at that pass, which was our last outing before leaving Kashmir, were spectacular, albeit sometimes hidden in the clouds. Earlier in the two weeks we also visited the Moghul Gardens in Srinagar, which are in the process of being restored to their former glory, Baramulla and other beauty spots relatively near Srinagar. Since 1989 we have visited Kashmir many times but, as in the past, we still were taken to places we had not visited before! As usual one of the blessings of staying on a houseboat on Nageen Lake is the fact that one can admire the stillness of your surroundings, watch the abundant bird life or just relax and do nothing and enjoy the superb views for hours on end. You are looked after superbly by the family who own the houseboat, the houseboat staff - and the houseboats themselves are quite spectacular with beautiful hand-carved wood decorations.

This is a holiday, organised through Indus Travels in North London, that I would, without hesitation, fully recommend to those who want to benefit from a proper holiday. People should bear in mind that the recent incidents on the Line of Control took place over 100k from Srinagar on the other side

5  Thank Ian F
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Kashmir is the most romantic place in the world. Winters in Kashmir are like heaven looks so beautiful, all white & if lucky you might get chance to see Frozen Dal Lake. Temperature out there is freezing usually in minus degree at night. You need to carry Heavy Woolen Cloths. Accommodation & dining is not such problem there are plenty of Hotels & House Boats are there. If you go out in Jan or Feb that is off Season out there you can get house boat at very reasonable price.

4  Thank Jessy B
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Kashmir is a very good place for visitor. Every year a core of traveller came here to enjoy this place. The natural Ice fall, snowfall & attractive hill so kashmir is famous for Traveller.
Here a lot of Attractive place Dal Lake, Sonmark, Gulmark,Pahalgram, Chandanbari, Aru Valley, Betab Valley, Mugal garden, tulip Galden. In July to August we go Sonmark place we see grren ground & Children are playing & lot of animals look like Cow, Goat, Dog etc.
In December-March we see lot of snow fall are covered in Kashmir, That particular we fell cold. People must carry Jacket, Sweater, Kombal etc. That time road is covered with ice, food is costly this time. Vehicle are slowly going. Dal lake beauty is so endless in my life.
A huge number of people came here Amnarnath Temple.
We know how much beauty in kasmir a lot of argument going on India vs Pakisthan. Kashmir Srinagar Goverment more concious about tourist party. They protect people at any cost. They increased lot of security for tourist party. So one kashmir is endless beauty, I will be memorised in my whole life.

7  Thank lipikachakraborty