Asif Guest House
$151
$120
Hotel Akbar(Srinagar)
$113
Hotel New Prince Inn(Srinagar)(Great Value!)
$30
$26
New Bul Bul Group of Houseboats(Srinagar)(Great Value!)
$39
$135
$90
Hotel Pacific - A Boutique Hotel(Srinagar)(Great Value!)
$49
$35
Priceline
$77
$48
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
  • Free Internet
Hotel JH Bazaz (Happy Cottage)(Srinagar)(Great Value!)
Ahdoos Hotel(Srinagar)
$41
Hotwire.com
$92
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsplace to staytaking caredelhimountainskashmir
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were talked into booking this Guest House through a travel agent in Delhi, along with a car and driver to take us to Srinagar as part of the package. Being new to the country, we got taken for a bit of a ride. There is nothing wrong with the house, but they do try and squeeze every rupee out of your stay. The price of everything from doing your washing to taking a shikara on Dahl Lake with a friend who promises a "good deal" somehow ends up costing much more than it ought to. It is also a considerable distance from Srinagar itself. We were happy to spend our last few days in Srinagar at a hotel in town once our prepaid stay had elapsed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank Sylke R
Reviewed January 31, 2013

am impressed with the hospitality. The family is too good and more than willing to help you. The rooms are clean and the housekeeping makes it sure to clean it as many times as you want. The breakfast is lavish and I found everything in the breakfast delicious.the tea lounge is also very nice. I really had a good time in this family in Srinagar. better to stay this house rather then other.

Room Tip: all the rooms are same best
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Asifguesthouse, Guest Relations Manager at Asif Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Excellence of 2013 award winning Asif guest house for your stay in Srinagar kashmir.
Thank you for your positive feedback. It is our constant Endeavour to service our client every which way.
Heartening to note that you liked your stay with us

Hope you will offer us another opportunity to serve you.
Regards,
Asif Guest House Team

Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is a wonderful guest house and run by a very kind family. The place came highly recommended by other friends and colleagues who have stayed here. I stayed here during the off season from Dec 6-10 on a hastily planned trip. Though it was quite cold for me in Srinagar at the time, the room was always warm -- the heating worked well and there was always hot water..

Overall, an excellent place to stay. I know I will plan to visit them again, especially when the weather is warmer.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My second trip to Kashmir brought me back to the hospitality of Asifguesthouse and its family. I was warmly welcomed back and stayed some days enjoying the quiet neighborhood, relaxing mountainside and the warm homely atmosphere. Finally I decided to take to chance to go for a trip to Ladakh. It turned out to be one of the highlights of my Kashmir travel. Faisal organized a 5 days tour, which started with a whole day drive all the way up to Leh. That is an adventure itself, since the way leads you up the mountains, crossing rivers, passing through different villages and a beautiful changing nature landscape. Reaching Leh, I experienced the Buddhist influence on the culture of Leh. During the day I visited hilltop Buddhist monasteries and markets and in the evenings I enjoyed the typical food of the region.

I can highly recommend to stay at Asifguesthouse and its family to experience the warmhearted culture of Kashmir. And there is more waiting! Don’t miss out on the chance to get a trip organised from Faisal to see what more Kashmir and the Himalayas have to offer you.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Orchidaceae
Reviewed October 20, 2012

i had a wunderful time at asif s guesthouse. its such a nice place and it feels just so homly, the family is so charming and helpful. The trecking that asif take me was an expirienc i will never forget, just perfect. You can aso go boottrecking or horsetrecking. there is just everything you need for a nice holiday and to truly relax. kaschmir is wunderful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo