“No refund in case of cancellation”
Review of Asif Guest House

Asif Guest House
Ranked #161 of 361 Srinagar B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had booked a room for 2 days in September. Due to a sudden illness I had to postpone my travel twice , first time by 1 week and second time by 1 day ( due to cancellation of flight - Kighfisher ). During the 2nd time, I received a mail from Asif Guest house saying that they did not have room for the new dates. I asked for a cancellation. I discussed the matter with them on the phone and explained that this is a cancellation and not a "no show" so I was entitled to whole or a part of the money paid as advance. The person answering the phone said "We are businessmen" . They said they will get back to me which they haven't .

Room Tip: Far from the main portion of the city. No transportation available around the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Japsgama

Reviewed September 25, 2012

In the 70s my mother and her family used to come up to Kashmir for their summer holidays. When I told her I was going to Kashmir she sent me a very long message detailing her stays with a particular family known as the Wangnoos. She described their wonderful holidays playing in the lakes, and the heartwarming hospitality of the family. It was totally by chance that around 40 years later I ended up staying with the same Wangnoos my mother, aunts and grandparents had stayed with all those years ago!
It is important to know that the Asif Guest House is a home, if you have a prolonged stay there expect to muck in, and be treated like a member of the family! The rooms are simple, clean and spacious- most importantly they are comfortable. Mamma's cooking is fantastic, traditional Kashmiri food, so enjoy it whilst you can.
I highly recommend going on one of the many treks that the can be organised; this includes treking in the Himalayas, being taken in a Shikara up the river, or if you're up for it- a rocky jeep ride to the Ladakh region. If, however, you wish to relax you can chill out and relax in Faisel's carefully tended garden. If you want Kashmir, this is it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Flic S
Asifguesthouse, Owner at Asif Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Thank you flic of your kind review we really enjoyed to have you as our guest and your friend too !! Thank you so much we really look forward to serve you again ! Mr Faisal from kashmir family

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Our group of 6 stayed at Asif GH on our way to Zanskar and Ladakh. It is located in the Nishat Bagh area which makes it inconvenient to travel to the city center for travel arrangements, food or shopping. On the positive side the guest house is located in a very scenic part of Srinagar,it has a nice lawn with chairs and a garden umbrella.The rooms were clean and comfortable and the atmosphere was homely. When we expressed our desire to taste authentic Kashmiri food,Md.Fazal,the owner, drove some of us in his own car to buy the food which we had in the guest house later in the evening.We of course paid for the fuel!! He also helped us book a taxi for our travel to Kargil the next morning. We paid Rs.1800/- for a double room.

Md.Fazal can be contacted on his cell phones: +91 94190 46635 or 94194 41941.His son,Asif, who is based in New Delhi can be reached on +91 98918 32650.

Sandeep Chakrabarti
Bangalore

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank outrigorsandeep
Reviewed September 9, 2012

A friend and I arrived to Delhi the 2nd of September and went to the travel agency "Incredible India" and they arranged flight tickets and stay at Asif Guest House up till the 10th of september.

The food and service is really great at their house, and the father of the house will do anything to make you feel secure and have a good time.

They arranged 4 days of our total stay where we went out a whole day at the lake, we saw some really amazing views out there and it was really relaxing.
We also went to a mountain trip, where we were offered to ride ponys but declined, it was hard but it was definetly worth it.

At the guest house they come and ask you all the time if you want anything like tea or something to eat, or if you are having a good time.

The only bad thing I can think of is that its located pretty far away from the city so you can't walk there, but at the guest house they will not hesitate to take you there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Fredrikvp9
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I went to srinagar kashmir last week , i had to stay for 3 days in srinagar, what made me to stop and stay in srinagar for more than a week was the services and friendly environment provided by the asif guest house. It feels like at home ,, with the family members who own the guest house at your service which is second to none.

I would highly recommend Asif guest house for anyone travelling to kashmir.

Kilburn, London.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Zair212
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We expected to stay in Asif Guest House for 3 days but quickly decided to stay 7 days.
We went trekking for 3 days in the mountains of Himalaya and watertreck for 3 days on Wular Lake.
There is no danger at all going to Kashmir. It is peaceful, quiet and beautiful nature. The hospitality of the Guesthouse is amazing and the fresh cooked dinner is always pleasure.
Beautiful experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank OliverKjoelsen
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Stayed in Asif guest house I must say it was worth to stay such kind of place. I was travelling with my family we stayed there for four nights we really enjoyed our stay. The family in this guest house is well cared the rooms are neat and clean . The Kashmiri hospitality is incredible awesome . I must say whenever I will return back one day this is the place for me to stay in the heart of India called kashmir paradise on earth ....

Thank you so much for everything I will be back .

• Stayed: June 2012