1,242 results
All reviewshill topinfinity poollatitude restauranthill overlookingjade dragonpremium indulgence roommain buildingin room diningtulip gardenduty managerbeautiful propertyexcellent viewpanoramic viewrooms are hugef broom servicebreakfast spread
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Hi
We were a group of seven people including a child. We reached the hotel at 1pm on june5.
The hotel is located on a hilltop!.
Since we had prebooked the rooms in advance ( Do'nt even think of a spot reservation..they are fully booked), we were expected but the reception told us to have lunch at the restaurant ......till our rooms get ready? It was 4PM --almost three hours . Finally we got our three deluxe delight rooms. We were pretty miffed but as soon as we reached the rooms !!!! wow , what a view! Our exasperation vanished. The rooms had a massive space and the toilet was excellent with separate shower and bathtub areas. the backyard was a small garden overlooking Dal lake and full of seasonal flowers.

we could see almost all of Dal Lake and many historic places from the hotel .

Apart from a very slow service nothing to complain about . The food at the buffet was excellent and I should commend chef Joshi who met my son and offered to take him to kitchen. The manager was very helping.

There is a small infinity pool which had temperature control...very important since srinagar can be very cold..but pool water was dirty.

We stayed for two nights and again the checkout was very slow . The a la carte service was slow to an extent that it took us 2 hours for a meal.

overall a very good location hotel with excellent rooms and garden.

I would recommend this hotel to every one . I hope they improve the service as well by improving the manpower.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. But choose Deluxe Delight on the far side since they have bigger gardens
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NILAYJaipur
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I had gone to Taj Vivanta with a lot of expectations as the Taj vivanta in my city really rocks.
But it was a disappointment right from the checking in process. It took all the time and though we had 5 rooms they said as per their policy check in time is 2 pm so they can give after that only.
the pool was not functioning and neither was the business centre.
my room airconditioning was also not working properly and had to call the engineer 3 times before he could rectify the problem
the lawns are not ready and they have a lot of teething problems till now though they opened a year back( that is the excuse they give for all their problems)
it was also very expensive compared to the Lalit hotel to which we shifted after 2 days.

Room Tip: If you are wary of walking too much do ask for the rooms in the main building or near the entrance.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank lovetravelling46
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This has to be the best hotel in Srinagar, and I think one of the best locations for a Taj hotel in India or elsewhere...they have a hill for themselves...... you can see entire Srinagar from your room...Dal Lake..and the best thing ...it has Zabarwan Mountains at the back and on sides.....and when the sky is clear you can see snow capped mountains of Gulmarg even in peak summer...breath-taking view.....I stayed here with wife and daughter for 3 nights...I wanted this hotel for enitre week but it was not available hence I had to book Lalit for next 3 nights...and absolutely loved every moment here....staff is friendly...they have good taxi service...which is helpful as you need a taxi to go from here to the city or else where........only thing they dint have was a Authentic Kashmir Wazwan Meal in their menu....they should offer that...for which one has to go to the City....

Shanu Singh
Mumbai

Room Tip: Take a Delux Room....
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Possibly the best view in town, the rooms we were in overlooked the dal lake, the rooms are 600 Plus sq ft with huge 4 fixture bathrooms and a huge balcony/sit out area , the view is stunning. The front desk staff is warm and hospitable , and very efficient. Service at the restaurant though is very average /slow to use a better word. The outdoor temperature controlled swimming pool overlooks the lake, however can do with better temperature controlling and cleaner water.

What differentiates the taj from some of the other hotels in the city is the efficient staff and great view.

Room Tip: Choose the first floor rooms in the wing before you enter the main building, with private balcony overlooking the Dal lake
1  Thank Prania
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Its a taj property and hence carries a expectation baggage and therefore the reviewer (me) is a bit too critical.

I will start with saying that if again in Srinagar I would definitely stay here, regardless of what I didn't like....

food (except for mutton rogan josh.. a signature dish no doubt, mutton biryani.. good... bombay mutton kheema pao... as good as it is in mumbai), continental ...avoidable and chinese ... only if you want variety... (but there at the property your are stuck .. thus you will!)

location... heavenly...

rooms ... luxurious .. the bathroom and tub... could have spend one night there too!! (though would have preferred small width cemented / cobble paths leading to the rooms)

staff...as expected (excellent)

in-room dining - just satisfactory

one-year old property and having glitches - not agreed... cause its Taj

3  Thank onilgandhi