“Excellent Stay in Hotel JH Bazaz”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Srinagar
Hotel JH Bazaz (Happy Cottage)
Ranked #2 of 135 Hotels in Srinagar
Singapore
“Excellent Stay in Hotel JH Bazaz”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed in Hotel JH Bazaz during 11 - 15 Dec and engaged the driver from the Hotel JH Bazaz to go to Soonamarg, Phalmagram and Gulmarg. The driver has an excellent and safe driving skill!!! We started our day tours at 9am daily. It would be better if the day tour can start earlier as it takes around 2-3 hours to reach the 3 mentioned places and we need to reach back to Hotel at around 6pm. We have only a few hours to visit those places and few hours are really too little as all the 3 places are really Beautiful during Winter.

Ate our dinner daily in Hotel JH Bazaz. Excellent food from excellent cook. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank YapKokHow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Reviewed December 27, 2012

What should i say about the hotel... I was on my honeymoon... And december in kashmir is as chilling that u cant even imagine.... But the warm welcome u get from the owner of the hotel and the room... Especially the power blanket takes the cold away..... On top of that tasty food makes u feel homely.... And finally the driver mr. Abdul ... U must ask for himm........ . All in all a wonderful experience......

• Stayed December 2012
9 Thank sonal84
New Delhi, India
Reviewed December 9, 2012

When I booked the hotel, he told me it will be look like your second home. When I came to srinagar really I felt the same. Hotel room’s are neat and clean and food’s are good and he arranged the special kashmiri food for us (special thanks for the kashmiri food). Not only the hotels, has he guided to our entire trip. This trip really a remarkable moment in my life. Once again I thank the entire hotel management.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dhanaraj
New Delhi, India
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I feel it is a very good budgetary hotel near Dal lake to live in ,the service of the owner is too good and the overall hospitality was fine,rooms were neat and clean with all the necessary amenities ,I would highly recommend family and even indiviuals to go for it

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Deb_1982
Sydney, NSW
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Not a single review is under poor or terrible.........Other Hotel’s few wrote really bad things BUT for this hotel NONE wrote anything negative or bad.........I sent one e-mail to Mr. Sarwar Hussain, Owner of Hotel for a booking in April 2013 and he replied with all the details and costing within few hours UNLIKE Travel Agents from India, who never gives proper reply and take their own sweet time to reply......Agent's hide something.........Will highly recommend this hotel if you are not looking for fancy hotel. I am a retired Travel Agent and knows now that my nephew and his familyis going to get high personalised service and I am sure Mr. Sarwar Hussain will look after them like they do with everyone staying in their hotel

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Ajit_from_Australia
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Our trip to Kashmir was long overdue and so we decided to make it happen. I was in Srinagar around the last week of October and was there for a week. Scouting the net and tips from TA experts helped me zero in on J H Bazaz . A few telephone calls and a few mails exchanged with Mr Sarwar Hussain gave me enough reason to impose faith in him. Honestly I did not have to take care of anything myself. I gave him a list of the things I wanted to do or see and he did the rest - picking us up from Jammu, arranging our stay in houseboat, vehicle for our travels, chalking out the travel itinerary, booking gondola tickets and so on. Both he and his father personally supervised and helped us to make us comfortable. As I had senior citizens with me they made sure that they were adequately protected from the cold and took extra care. And yes, every night we looked forward to having some Kashmiri dish for our dinner- like dhaniwal korma, mirchi korma, even the daal was awesome..! Once Mr Javed (Sarwar's father) sent us a saag preparation that he made for himself at dinner as I happened to tell him that I had seen some green leaves that looked like spinach in the market. As I am a foodie Sarwar guided me as to where I can eat what. It seemed he was always there 24x7 to answer all my queries and see to it that we were comfortable. I cannot help mentioning the valuable tips he gave me to prevent being fleeced or misled by local guides or others at different places. On the whole, it was a wonderful stay not at a hotel but almost like a homestay.

Now for the minus points -no telephone, occasionally hot water problem, no dining hall (it was under renovation) but it is no big deal as always you met with smiles, gentle behaviour and prompt solutions to our "woes" whatsoever.

Even though it was a bad time for the Bazaz family when we were there post Eid there were usual problems of manpower Mr Sarwar himself made up by lending a hand in almost everything .He aso mentioned that he had to even fix up the breaksfast for guests as the kitchen was short -staffed and the hotel was full of tourists.

So if you are looking for good, clean, homelike budget stay at best location in Srinagar go for JH Bazaz.

Room Tip: Go for sunny rooms especially in winter - with windows on the east.