“Chilly stay in Srinigar”
Review of The Kaisar

The Kaisar
Ranked #45 of 139 Hotels in Srinagar
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I'll concede that February probably isn't the best time to visit Srinigar, but I would have hoped for more warmth in a hotel than we found in the Kaisar.

The reception area was Baltic - we discovered later that building work meant that a rear wall had been removed. We were shown to our room which was very chilly - mist on the mirror and windows, slightly damp beds, cold radiator. When I asked about heating, a small fab heater was brought to our room, which we left plugged-in for the following 48 hours, along with our electric blankets.

When I complained about the cold, I was informed that that the heating was broken and would be back on later that day. The heat did come on from approximately 7pm to 10pm each evening, but this wasn't enough to heat the room fully. As my travelling companion wasn't feeling well, we spent quite a bit of time in the hotel-room, which wasn't ideal as it stayed quite chilly. Sitting in the restaurant for lunch wearing my coat, I could see my breath.

Location-wise, the hotel is approximately a 40 minute walk to Dal Gate, so it's not the most central. It's pretty easy to find an auto-rickshaw to take you to the centre though.

There was building-work going on at the hotel, so perhaps this contributed to the heating situation. Overall, we weren't very happy with the stay.

On the upside, the shower was hot, and there was wifi available, although only in reception and the restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed fr 3 days...nice nd neat with good food...since it is located in a residential area, no room side views...other than that no issues...good value fr money....excellent staff to support us....

24x7 power nd hot water supply...rooms centrally heated too...t WiFi ws not working though..

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Jithinferrari
Kaisar786, Owner at The Kaisar, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Dear Jithin,
Thanks for your review.
Firstly i am so sorry that you were not able to access the WI-FI facility, i made sure the problem was rectified the same day. There are actually times when the WI-FI server here in kashmir stop for no reason.. Please accept my apologies for the same
Rest we assure you the best co-operation always.
Kaisar SHEIKH

Reviewed November 1, 2012

services of this hotel is very good and prompt.I enjoy the stay with my family. nice and neat cozy rooms. i recommend and if gone to srinagar again i would like to stay their definitely.I stay their for one day only.Food was good but can be improved.Welcome was impressive.It is worth to stay their.No doubt.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Hi,

Thank you for writing about us.

Please visit again soon.

KAISAR SHEIKH

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I visisted kashmir from 21/09/2012 to 25/09/2012 with my wife and my 3.5ysr daughter.I stayed at Kaisar.It is a good hotel,the staffs are very coperative and friendly.Rooms are nice. Food is also good.The service is unquestionable .

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tublukolkata

Hi,

Thank you for writing about us.

Please visit again soon.

KAISAR SHEIKH

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had read good reports on the hotel on Tripadvisor before booking this hotel. It is a new, three year old hotel, with reasonable rooms and en suite, located in a market area with no views to look up. So far so good. But,while the staff is very courteous, managing the facilities leaves a lot to be desired. That there is no lift on the three floors can be overlooked; but of the two nights, we spent there, one of us had to bathe in nearly cold water because the boiler had been switched off. Breakfast was very basic; for one of the two breakfasts, they had run out of eggs. Cornflakes are served in a tiny steel bowl meant for chutney, and slices were burnt on one side and raw on the other, clearly not done on a toaster but on gas. Wouldn't look forward to staying there again. Much better options are around in Srinagar.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ProfessorNewDelhi
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We are keralite family settled in Dubai.we went into The Srinagar after experienced a high profile cheating by our Tour managers M/s. Holiday Links. I was about to quit the Tour and go back but the Decision to choose The Kaisar helped us to change our decision.

We have experienced a very peaceful and pleasant stay in Kaisar Srinagar.
They are very good in hospitality, well desciplined and well mannered. The vegetarian food they serve, I bet you will never get elsewhere in Srinagar.

We are keralites, but it was the best taste we ever had in vegetarian meals.

Many thanks to Farooq bhai.,he was the best friend there for my 4 year old son.

I wish all the very best to the Kaisar Team, unfortunately I didn't met the owner of this outfit, our regards to him as well.

Shine, Jimy & Sanjay

Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Shine2393
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Went there this year end of January.Nice Hospitality and prompt staff.

Excellent place to dine and well mannered staff.
I was there a 7 days stay and Abid the hotel Manager scheduled the whole Itinerary.

From my landing in Srinagar till flight back to Delhi ,all was taken care by the Hotel Staff. Amazingly prompt service and customer's delight was their top priority.

Full points for Customer Service and Customer Satisfaction.

Truly a Delightful Stay--Well Done Kaisar and Thanks.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the balcony I was at room number 104.