All reviews mr bashir nigeen lake house boat shikara ride the owner his son nigeen club crowded dal lake made us feel at home visit kashmir bed room memorable stay one night stay houseboat experience hustle bustle beautiful experience excellent view
Reviewed October 30, 2015 via mobile

Good house boat on nagin lake. Nice and clean. Good breakfast and dinner. Dinner was served timely. Away from noise as it is not situated on dal lake. Staff helpful. They can also arrange pick and drop to the airport. Room spacious and clean. King size bed

Stayed: June 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank shahid4lucky
Reviewed October 26, 2015

It would seem a shame to visit Srinagar and not stay on a houseboat, such is the singularity of the experience. I recently stayed at Peacock Houseboats, on peaceful Nigeen Lake, for three nights. I put my fate in the hands of the charming proprietor, Mr Bashir, by booking the room and activity package. I wasn't disappointed.

The Peacock houseboats themselves are utterly charming (I stayed in Number 6). Filled with beautiful Kashmiri handcrafts, they provide a wonderfully cozy base from which to explore. Even adventurers, though, are advised to stay put for a little while and enjoy the sight of shikaras gliding past one's houseboat, occasionally stopping to chat or offer their wares.

Food was freshly prepared and deliciously homestyle; I asked to be fed Kashmiri food and each meal was a delight of discovery. Indeed, Mr Bashir was able to cater to all my needs, including having a tailor come around (by shikara, of course) and sew me a bespoke pheran in one day! This, in addition to the well-paced and varied daily excursions, where I not only enjoyed amazing sights but also the company of charming driver Mushtaq. I could not have asked for more.

Book with confidence.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled solo
1  Thank jcoldrey
Reviewed October 25, 2015

We stayed at the Martin, on Nigeen lake. The houseboat was beautiful, clean n luxurious. The staff was warm n attentive. Food is pricey n oily. Highly recommend a stay here. I stayed here for one night. It was serene n peaceful a great easy to kick start your stay in Kashmir.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2015

rooms are awesome
lobby is mesmirising with the kashmiri carpets
very spacious rooms and pleasant stay in the nagin lake

Only single staff(was sufficient) was never seen smiling! could not find the reason!!!

Staff- good but could not find a smile in 18 hrs of my stay
Location- Good
Cleanliness- very good
Ambiance- very good

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank mscsrikanth
Reviewed October 15, 2015

i stayed in this houseboat for 1 night only but the experience was Awesome.the view from the houseboat is Fabulous.the owner of houseboat Yousuf bhai was a nice guy.the caretaker Mohd bhai was a pure by heart and his kind gesture and the way they greeted us was unexpected.we had a memorable experience with peacock houseboat...!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled with friends