“Great Budget Hotel”

Ranked #110 of 129 Hotels in Srinagar
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Great Budget Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were a group of 19 and stayed in the hotel on 18th & 19th May 2013. The staff members are very good with a special mention about Rafique (I think I got the name correct). The food served was also nice. It is not on Dal Lake but it is a great Budget Hotel indeed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Tutanpori

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed here with my wife . The hotel is value for money. Staff is very down to earth, specially Mr. Shafi and night manager Mr. Bhat. I will recommend this hotel for all budget constrain travellers.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank tbankar
Ahmedabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on 16th and 17th May, 13 with my family.
Positives
- Very spacious room. We had gone for deluxe room and it was almost double the size of an ordinary room. They were neat and clean.
- It was nicely located near Dal Lake though it is not in front of Dal lake.
- The staff was very courteous and helpful.
- I had booked the hotel through Make my trip with dinner and breakfast. There was no buffet arranged on those days. But they let me choose anything from the menu and served hot in the room.
- Nice recommendations for shopping and hanging out.
- Mr. Shafi from hotel staff was very helpful. He helped us with everything we needed and with proper care and affection. A big thank you to you Mr. Shafi (09797285686).

Negatives
- The phone in the room was not working.Despite of complaining couple of times, management did nothing about it. Instead, they advised me to just shout from second floor lobby on what I need or use elevator and come down. have taken one star off for this very reason. Mr. Shafi gave me his personal number and asked me to call him for anything I need. He saved our trip.

Room Tip: I had contacted reservation manager(Mr. Hilal) directly for booking. But the rate of the package he...
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is very good budget hotel for Travellers, Its in very close vicnity of Dal lake. Hospitality and quality of food is very nice. Specially Javed and Ram singh are very caring. Manager Mr. Bashir Ahmed advices very nicley for tour guidance.

Room Tip: You can book the suit room if you are travelling with family.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

reached srinagar airport on the 9th of may at 4;30pm.then we met mr.hilal ahmad hotel reservation counter.he explained everything to us in detail and finally we decided to check in hotel center point.we were in srinagar for 12 days and we did not have any difficulty visiting the different places as we were only ladies with a baby .we were very happy as we got a very good service .we stayed in the houseboat dilshad group of houseboats ,negin lake for 4 days.the houseboat was clean,service was excellent .mr.hilal was the one who told us to come here .though we had seen a number of houseboats in dal lake ;we did not like it.i will recommend other tourists to contact mr.hilal 09596187435 if they are coming with their families.

Room Tip: room no.111
3 Thank piya_2325
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I happen to stumble upon this hotel, not exactly for its location or the pictures posted on the TripAdvisor but due to availability of the room at a reasonable price. I had planned to stay for only one day, but extended the same by 4 days because of the sheer quality of service, room cleanliness and overall value for money.

The hotel is located in Khayam area behind CRPF head quarter and very near to a beautiful children's park. The place is slightly away from the more popular Dal or Nageen lake hotels, but staff is very good, even the owner/managers give a personal touch to ensure the stay is comfortable and help plan your itinerary better. The hotel arranged taxis for sight-seeing tours to Gulmarg and Phelgam @ 1500 per day. Our driver Zafar bhai was also super helpful in suggesting North Indian vegetarian restaurants and did not mind waiting for the extra hrs while we were in the Shikara or shopping for Pashmina shalls.

The best thing about the Center Point hotel is the breakfast which offers great Indian and continental options.

Check out the place if you like to stay away from the city hustle - bustle

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank 1000-Hotel-Critic
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Traveled to Srinagar on April last with my wife, my choice for stay was water center point purely based on reviews in trip adviser, though little disappointed initially as i had requested for a cab for airport pick off which didn't arrive, i had to book a prepaid taxi and reach the hotel. Nevertheless once reached the hotel my disappointment disappeared thanks to the staff, night manager Mr Bashir arranged a good driver for my 3day trip. Appreciate the service of Ram lal also who took care of all our needs during my stay. It was enjoyable stay in srinagar and people are very welcoming and friendly. Its location is the within the city, Dal lake is at 10-15mins walking distance.
The hotel has its own restaurant.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms will be good.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple