“Terrible stay”

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
“Terrible stay”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Cheaters.

I don't disagree that the rooms are extremely good but it's not worth the price. I had done the booking for 3 nights and 4 days for deluxe stay. The last day, after we came back from the local sight seeing to our surprise they had kept our stuff at the reception. I went with 2 senior citizen ladies, they misbehaved with all of us. My mother was having high fever and had to face the dirty ruckus. They made us shift to a different house boat which had a drunkard the next room and holes all around.

We went and filed a complain at the police station and also with the Tourism police dept.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank NaritaBagchi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 5, 2012

i booked a deluxe room via cleartrip.com for 1 night. when i reached on houseboat, Mr. Sameer (may be peon) talked with someone and gave us a room on alif laila houseboat that was also nice room. we were happy to see the room and bathroom and cleanses.
Its location is very good. But dont get good on houseboat. just cross the lake by shikara or boat (free of cost) and get restaurant and hotel, you can get good food) On ghat no.3 or 4 the restaurant is Delhi de rasoi very nice.
we enjoyed very well

puneet
delhi

Room Tip: select last room in the end because you can get a bigger room with bathroom (the way is in the room...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank puneet0310
Ghaziabad, India
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed for one night in super-delux rooms from 26th to 27th June 2012. The location is good. Staff was very co-operative and nice. The location is ideal on the Dal with the mountains and the lake and scenic view. We had a good time and loved every moment of it.

Room Tip: The double rooms were extremely good and comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank PavanSharma
New Delhi
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I visited Srinagar and stayed in De-Laila Group Houseboat (Goa Kuwait House Boat) for one night. Arrangement was done by www.makemytrip.com.

When I inquired about booking before reaching, they told me that there is no booking. After I talked to makemytrip half an hour then it was confirmed. I would suggest not to go for makemytrip.

Service was pathetic and quality of room was poor. Bathroom was wet when we reached. I asked to clean but they did not clean. Breakfast was not good.

Better avoid this.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Suunil31
shan220, Manager at De-Laila Group of House Boats, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
This is a review for make my trip as we had not recieved the pre booking in our systems so cant mentione more then above . coustomer should make a complain to make my trip company . and not to put bad review for us . we provide our best services
NCR
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Poor value for money. Reasonable interiors. Clean rooms but below expectations. Food below par and expensive. None of the Kashmiri hospitality witnessed elsewhere in J & K. Clarify on rooms specifically before booking. We were not given the promised room. We met a family who had been bumped despite a confirmed booking online.
AVOIDABLE.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank MSANCR
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed in de’ Laila for one night during my visit to Srinagar. It was very spacious, with a nice decor but still I feel like it is not worth paying as there was no wi-fi connection as mentioned in the websites. The bath tub is useless as they have removed the water blocker. The only thing that made me discourage and upset is when the owner of the houseboat didn’t treated me well. He forced me to pay an additional cost of Rs 1200/- (Rs 600 per head) for dinner charges even though I didn’t consume any dinner from their hotel. When I asked him about this fake charges he misbehaved me and forced me to pay. SO I URGE YOU PLEASE MAKE IT CLEAR WITH THE OWNER BEFORE YOU GO THERE IF YOU ARE WILLING TO STAY THERE. In my opinion, better to AVOID STAYING HERE.

Room Tip: all rooms are equal.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple