Swiss Hotel Kashmir & Resorts
$26
Ahdoos Hotel(Srinagar)
$47
  • Restaurant
The Renaissance Hotel(Srinagar)(Great Value!)
$44
Hotel Pacific - A Boutique Hotel(Srinagar)(Great Value!)
$37
$112
$85
$109
$105
Hotel Centre Point(Srinagar)(Great Value!)
$44
$32
Priceline
$178
$72
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
All reviewsthe ownerdead of winterquiet streetwe loved our stayroom was largelocation is greatcentral heatingstayed two nightsan excellent hotelhelped us plannew wingexcellent hospitalitykashmirlakemrdalinternet
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Great staff, wonderful location and terrific service. Great location to visit al the main tourist hot spots of Kashmir and the staff are wonderful at giving the right advice. The food was excellent and so was the Wifi Area which was a great place to network with other tourists.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
42  Thank Srinagar5678
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Swiss Hotel has a sketchy pricing policy. I called the day before my arrival, asking for the cheapest double room and was told 1,200 rs/night. Upon arrival, however, we were shown more expensive rooms and then asked what we were willing to pay. After insisting that we just wanted to see the cheapest room, we were shown a 1,000 rs room. Later, when we met the manager who I had spoken to the night before, he said "That's what I told you on the phone, right? Starting 1,000 rs." As though he wasn't very sure himself. Also, when I asked for toilet paper at the reception later at night, I was asked first how much I was paying per night. When I stated my room rate, the receptionist acted as if it was a big favour he was doing me by giving me toilet paper.
Swiss Hotel is only average in terms of value for money. The rooms (ours was in the older, main building) are dusty - with cobwebs on the ceiling, windows, and lamps. The carpets were really filthy. Overall, the hotel looks old and badly maintained. There is internet (only) in the common area and no breakfast during Ramadan. At 5am, there are very loud prayer calls from a nearby mosque, which we could clearly hear even when the windows were closed and woke us up every morning - but that's probably part of the Srinagar experience and the same at all hotels.
On the positive side, the hotel manager is very helpful. He recommended us places to see and restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank holzapfelkreut
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed there for 3 nights. The owner was particularly helpful for tour advising & shopping tips. One attendant named Modassir was very rude & unpolished. The discriminatory behavior of the owner was very unexpected. He seemed more inclined towards foreign guests, gave them more time/ service/ facilities, free breakfast, drinks, food, drop with his own car etc. Though the hotel voluntarily mentioned about complimentary breakfast in our email communication, they bluntly declined about that once we reached there, but they were providing this to the foreigners.

The rooms are spacious & clean, hot water is available; free fast wifi at the reception. But the hotel itself is in a narrow alley, with dustbins & stray dogs at the entrance which was quite scary at night. Nehru ghat & a small taxi stand is nearby but main dal lake shops, taxi stands & restaurants are quite far (20-30 minutes walk); better options available in the main dal lake road... Room rates were reasonable, off-season discount possible.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rez U
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I had a great time there all thanks to the encyclopaedic knowledge of the staff. Also they are really funny and great characters to boot. There is a wonderful friendly atmosphere in the dining room/reception with travellers all getting to know each other whilst using the free wifi. I was going to stay on a house boat for a night or two but decided to stay in Hotel Swiss for my time in Srinagar - and I'm glad I did. I'm definitely going back.

Room Tip: The rooms in the new block are more modern
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
32  Thank vkvkjvjfvnfpa
Reviewed August 23, 2012

the hotel stuff is very kind and ready to help. they give you very good advice.listen to them. they have free Wi-Fi which is very rare in those areas...we enjoyed our stay and the care. we stayed in the second floor in total around 14 days and we really liked it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple