“It is like staying with family” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Van Durga Villas & Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Katra
Van Durga Villas & Suites
Ranked #1 of 100 Katra B&B and Inns
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
“It is like staying with family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I am 56 years old and first time visiting Katra to fulfill manat. I stayed alone in this hotel from 22.09.2013to27.09.2013.I felt that I was staying with family such was the hospitality extended to me. All of them serve with smile. Food was prepared on order and was delicious and served hot. I enjoyed fresh air,beautiful view of rising sun in the morning and divine view of Trikuta mountains sitting in balcony.The stay really rejuvenated me as I had to travel to USA on 07.10.2013.My heartfelt thanks to all staff and my special regards to Mallika madam, Shri Ramakrishnaji and Shri Vijayanandji. This experience I cherish throuout my life time. I was fortunate enough to meet Group captain Sh. S.P.Vohraji , owner of the hotel who takes personal interest in taking care of guests

With regards to all

K.S.V.Ramesh
Houston,USA
14.10.2013

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Venkataramesh K

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Me and My husband was reached hotel.. in spite of taxi strike they arranged car to pic up from our venue and help us to complete our darshan...very warm and cordial stay just peaceful and comfortable rooms...service is very good...in spite of far from the city they cooperate with there own taxi on a very reasonable rate.. food is good/ .....room no 104

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ravi2809
New Delhi, Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I booked this hotel for my father & uncle in September 2013. The place is located slightly away from the main city but the hotel staff provided complimentary local transportation. Mr. Sumit Vohra had made sure that the taxi was there to pick at Jammu railway station. Highly recommended to book pick and drop taxi through the hotel. Food is good. Online advance payment is easy to do to confirm the hotel booking. Definitely recommended for stay in Katra.

Room Tip: Rooms on ground floor are better
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Himdent
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is my second visit to Vaishno Devi and just like last time we decided to stay at Van Durga as we were very happy with our stay at Van Durga last time. The hotel was clean, cozy, calm, peaceful, just like a home. It’s not very far from the main market. Owners and staff are good. They can give good tips on acclimatization, local travel and places to visit, where to eat and ethnic culture! Rooms have a good view of temple and Hills. The rooms are comfortable with hot and cold running water, Cable TV and all basic amenities. Food at Van Durga was really good.

The Hotel Van Durga helped us in enjoying our visit to Vaishno Devi to its fullest. Mallika ji and team really made our stay comfortable. Staff was extremely friendly & helpful. Overall, very nice homely experience at great value. Highly recommended!! We will visit again and whenever we visit we will stay at Van Durga only :-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrsGupta
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

My parents and aunt had stayed at Van Durga on the 19th of September 2013. They reached Jammu from Delhi by Jammu mail. Mr Sumit had already arranged for a Taxi to pick them up from the station.
I must say that the staff at the hotel were very helpful. They had arranged for transport. The food at the hotel was excellent. The staff were so kind enough to arrange piping hot dinner at 11.30pm when they came down after the darshan. Also they had packed dinner for the train journey back to Delhi.
The staff were very well informed and did not hesitate to give all the information regarding the darshan and also about Katra town.
I want to thank Ms Mallika and her team for taking good care of my parents. I would highly recommend Van Durga to pilgrims travelling to Vaishno Devi

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank PreethiPal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I must admit, we all fell in love with location of this hotel.. Very clean and spacious rooms.. Staff is very proactive in calling us well ahead to co-ordinate for pickups from airport or allotting very specious family villas... All in all excellent experience.. Even if its little far from down town, they have pickup and drop arrangement....

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NandanMahale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I booked this hotel for 2 nights. On arrival the staff kept the villa ready. Villa is very spacious with two bedrooms and a common area with dining table. They have provided king size beds which were very comfortable. The washrooms were also good though there is a space for refinement. The best part of this place is the staff and the food. You would love the food here. Myself being a non-vegetarian prefer having non-veg when eating out but due to restriction on non veg in katra I had to eat the veg food. Their preparation is excellent. Staff will ensure that your needs are taken care of. I would definitely recommend this place for stay in Katra.

• Stayed September 2013