All reviewsvivek sharmavalley viewswimming poolstar hoteltikkaduty managerjai mata diwelcome drinkplace to staythe hotel staffban gangavegetarian foodfood is excellentshuttle servicecourteous staffmaa vaishnodevikeep up the good work
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Nice spacious rooms. Very clean. Excellent customer care. One issue they do not issue more than 1 card key for each room. They do not disclose the reasoning but it appears that they are unable to secure additional keys as the manufacturer may have gone out of business. Hopefully they will have changed the locks soon.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Jay201146
vivek_5251, General Manager at The White Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Greetings!!!

Thank you for your wonderful review and letting us know that you had a comfortable saty with us. We would be looking forward to see you again in "The White Hotels" and please let us know that what all we can do for you so that we can be your first choice on your visit to Maa Vaishnodevi"s Abode.

Reviewed November 11, 2011

I am so glad that I paid a little extra for this hotel. I traveled with several old people & kids in my group (family). Rooms are spacious, well maintained & clean. Food is one of the best (both in taste and freshness), I have had in a big hotel. Highly recommended! They have a beautiful lawn where kids can play and adults can relax. Breakfast and dinner is buffet while lunch is a-la-carte'. All food we had in this hotel was very tasty amazingly fresh (no gas, no upset stomach etc.).

Tip # 1 for helicopter riders who have difficulty in walking: One needs to walk for about 2.5 KM from the helipad to the temple and if you have old people / people having difficulty in walking, I will highly recommend getting a palki. Now, it is very difficult to get a palki at the helipad if you have not booked one in advance. I requested the duty manager of White hotel to help me book the palki at the helipad one day in advance. He hooked me with one of the pitthus over phone. This guy kept 4 palkis reserved for me which was huge as there were no other palkis available apart from the 4 I had booked. My suggestions - book the palkis in advance and seek hotel's help, if you need.

Tip# 2: Pre-paid mobile phones don't work in J&K for security reasons. So, if you carry a pre-paid phone, let your family & friends know that your number may remain inaccessible while you are in Jammu and Katra. Post-paid phones work just fine.

Room Tip: 1. They have rooms that have genuine king size beds which I found difficult to find in Katra. 2. There is no internet in room but they do have free internet in the lobby. 3. See if you can get valley facing room as you can see Bhawan right from your room window.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank pkhare

Greetings!!!!

Thank you for your wonderful review and letting us that you had a comfortable stay with us.
We would be looking forward to see you again in "The White Hotels" and please let us know that whta all we can do for you so that we acn be your first choice on your vissit to Maa Vaishnodevi"s Abode"

Reviewed November 9, 2011

Jai Mata Di..

We decided to visit Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine this last weekend. Being an extended weekend, we decided to book in advance. Post checking in on few properties on the net, I zeroed in this property. I made a telebooking in the evening, left by road in the evening and reached Katra next morning around 10 am. We had little trouble in locating the property, and found it to be very nice & grand from outside. That was just the start though.

We proceeded to complete the check in formalities, where we found the staff to be not very forthcoming. We were initially told that we have been "upgraded", though not explained what that meant. When we reached the room, i was shocked to find that without any information, we were provided twin beds. I immediately called reception when I was told that they can "join" the beds to make it one "king" bed. I refused & was then placed in a different room. Later, when i came down to reception for some other reason, I noticed the arrival of two different groups, and that both were welcomed in the traditional way with garlands. I couldnt help but realize that our check in was different :(. I then had to choose, either to ask the reception staff about the different standards or just stay quiet, I chose the latter as I found it too embarassing. I couldnt help the feeling of being unwelcome going by the morning's experiences.

It was almost as if we had won a complimentary stay in their hotel and were not one of the revenue generating guests.

On the positive side, the property did have very nice interiors, multiple seating areas & otherwise hospitable staff. The property is located away from the hustle bustle of the main street & market area leading up to Banganga. The property does also provides complimentary pick up and drop facility to Banganga from where one starts their journey towards the holy shrine, however coordinating for which is a pain.

But this was not the end on unpleasant experience. Earlier upon checking in, the staff took my driving licence for obtaining photocopy which I was told would be returned to me. We left for Mata Darshan that same evening approx 8 hours post check in. We came back next morning and were extremely tired. After resting for few hours we decided to check out. I went to the reception and settled the bill and left shortly after. After travelling for about 2 hours, I noticed that I dont have my Driving Licence, the staff never bothered to return it. I called up the hotel immediately, initially I was put on hold, then someone answered, took down the details and proimised a call back. No surprises, the call back never happened. I called up 1 hour later and was told that the staff member who took my details has finished shift and left, surprisingly the person who answered knew my issue without me telling him the same. I was given a number and told to talk to the Hotel Manager. I managed to sort out the issue with this gentleman, and my licence was delivered to a hotel in Jammu from where i collected it the next day on way back to Delhi.

Overall not a pleasant experience at all. If you are planning to visit Katra, choose to avoid, as there are many other hotels which offer a better stay at less than half the price.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank rattanw
vivek_5251, General Manager at The White Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2011

Dear Mr. Rattan,

Greetings !!!

Thankyou for giving your feed back. I have discussed the entire issue regarding your feed back with our team.We found that It was a mistake from our end and we regret for the same.As our proffesion says, all our guests are equal for us. Yes , the things went heywire coz of few new recruitments in the department. We again feel sorry for the same and thankyou that you have brought our short comings to our notice . We promise you that this won't be a matter of discussion in future for any body.

Inconvenience regreted once again.

Warm Regards,
Vivek Sharma
The White Hotels, Vaishnodevi.
+919906077350.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

just three months before.i have gone to katra for mata vaishno devi darshan with some of my friends,during our journey in the flight as i was reading the airlines journal i hv seen the advertisement of white hotels and then i decided to stay in white hotels. as we reached the hotel we have got a very warm welcome from the hotel team.our luggage is collected immediately from our cab.and we were taken to the room by the hotel staff.as we entered we are totally amazed by the interiors and the valley view.all the things were well organised and the freshness of the room can be felt by everyone.we stayed there for two days and found very good quality of sevice in terms of all respects.one of the best thing i liked is the taste and quality of food, the hygiene is well maintained.i think food quality is the main usp of the hotel.so i suggest everyone who is planning to visit katra to stay atleast once at white hotels to feel amazing hospitality.

Room Tip: choose a room with valley view.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank rahul s
vivek_5251, General Manager at The White Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Greetings!!!

Thank you for your wonderful review and letting us know that you had a comfortable stay with us.. We would be looking forward to see you again in "The White Hotels" and please let us know that what all we acn can do you so that we can do for you so that we can be your first choice on your choice to Maa Vaishnodev"s Abode"

Reviewed October 7, 2011

The Darshan at the Mata Vaishno devi ji Shrine along with the White Hotel experience was soul uplifting and truly blissful. The services at the Hotel were personalised and
care made our visit to Mata Vaishno deviji shrine a truly memorable visit. The hotel provided us free transfers to the Helipad and the 24 hours service with a smile was a pleasure. The
breakfast layout was sumptuous, the pilgrimage for us was made comfortable and memorable.
Perhaps the best hotel in Katra, I would highly recommend staying at the White.

Room Tip: Valley view rooms, the best site in Katra
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank AnilKalsi

Greetings!!!

Thank you for your wonderful review and letting us know that you had a comfortable stay with us. We would be looking forward to see you again in "The White Hotels" and please let us know that what all we can be your first choice on your visit to Maa Vaishnodevi"s Abode"