“not bad”

Ranked #19 of 122 Hotels in Manali
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“not bad”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

hi,the rooms allotted through online are at the top floor, so if u have aged people /differently abled persons in ur group then pls check with the hotel before booking. the reception seems to be empty most of the times need to look out for the guys for queries. location is good, room is ok, wifi worked, room service was good, food was ok.

Room Tip: all sides have good views but take lower floors to avoid climbing stairs
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sanjay71, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Vintage, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thanks for your reviews and suggestions. When ever we get booking we know if the booking has aged people or not. As we knew you were a young couple and to provide you room with good view we allotted you room on upper floor. Thanks for appreciating us for our service and food quality.
Hope to see you again.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Surat, India
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Excellent hotel and very nicely decorated. I thought it was a new property but the staff people told me that it’s recently renovated. The entrance of the hotel is not so impressive but as I checked in, I felt so happy and comfortable that I had to admire it. Hotel is not in the centre of Manali mall, in the quiet location with nice garden and surroundings. Good rooms with good view. Much put up LCD in rooms. Excellent service. It’s very easy to access to main attractions. Mall road is not far, walking distance about 10 -15 min. Free Wi-FI facility gave additional benefit. I would definitely recommend this hotel to all fellow travelers…

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Chandnishah
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Hi , I stay there in Vintage manali for 3 days, Rooms which I stayed was quite and neat ,

I booked deluxe where as they have some suites as well which are more better, from the Management to Ground staff all were very supportive ,mr Chauhan was the manager who helped me with all the fare local informations and Guidance

The About food , I tell u I enjoyed biryanis a lot at a very economy cost and it was served well with proper systems

The services & the Hospitality made me to write for them

Thanks

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Shauky
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I reached Manali around 4th Of January, The chilling winds magnified the beauty of this place. It was my first ever visit to Manali. Through some previous inquiries and researches I chose Hotel Vintage for my stay.
Hotel was well decorated within. The location was something which attracted me the most.
The rooms were packed with good amenities and it seemed a comfortable living.
The view from the room was an excellent sight to watch (being a natural observer).
I stayed there for 3 nights and was impressed by the dining and the quality of food served.
But, i found it difficult to hire taxis from the hotel as it had snowed quite a lot.

All in All,
I really cherished My Stay at the hotel and would look forward to spend some more days.

Room Tip: Select the front facing room to get the best view, Which i enjoyed too.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Reetsharma
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Hotel location and food/room service were good but everything else is terrible. In the month of December, they are providing one road heater only. No central heated rooms. Windows are not fully covered with curtains. Bad smell in the room. No shutter facility. Old fashioned TV. Overall bad experience.

Room Tip: central heater, hotel location, room service
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sandyfabimurs
Sanjay71, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Vintage, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Sir,
You have written loction, food and service was good but rest was not good. These three things are there what we have to provide to our coustomer and the aminities you are asking for are of a 4 star hotel. As you have given your review you must have read reviews of our other guests as well. In those reviews some of guest have mentioned that heater is provided in our hotel and It's really hard to understand when you book a hotel you check all details of the hotel. Could you please inform me that any of our site has mentioned that it's centrally heated hotel. Our hotel is considered as good budget property so how can you except centrally heating in such economical rates. If you are a regular traveller a centrally heated hotel is not less than a 4 star category of hotel especially in hill station.
jaipur
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I am writing this Review bit late (as i visited the hotel during last week of April 2012 for my honeymoon ). After Reading so many good reviews of the hotel, I booked a honeymoon package directly by calling Mr Sanjay (who sits in delhi) and depositing money in the account of hotel. After depositing money Mr Sanjay immediately send me the hotel vouchers and volvo tickets by mail .Our check-in time is at 12.00 but we reached there at 7.00 in the morning and Mr. Jeet (the manager of the hotel) provide us the room without charging any extra amount. The food of the hotel is really very tasty. The behaviour of the staff is excellent. The only problem there is that the driver allocated to us Mr. Sunder is very greedy, During our visit to snowpoint, he insist us to rent the guide and clothes where his commision is fixed (these shops are charging almost double the amount as compare to other shops) however i choose some other shops & on this he started behaving very rudely and saying that we have to complete our visit in 3-4 hrs and return back. On this i immediately call Mr Sanjay and he resolved the proble. However while returing back from snow point, the driver is continously saying why u have called to delhi office etc...However the overall experience is really great and i really want to thank Mr. Sanjay for making my honeymoon really special.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sharad972002
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We landed in Manali during the second week of December and I had booked Hotel Vintage in advance. There was a slight confusion regarding my pickup from the Volvo bustand to the hotel, but Sanjay rectified it almost immediately. I then came to know that he is based out of Delhi (couldnt meet him in Manali). The car was ready at the bus-stand and we reached the hotel. Food was superb and please ask for Hemraj who is the most courteous and ever-smiling staff we had ever met. No matter what the issue is, his smile just puts things to normalcy and he makes sincere effort to make the guests feel at home. Kudos to him! The food served is fabulous at much lesser cost. The hotel staff are very warm and try to ensure to keep you at ease.

Please ensure there are some things which you will have to take into consideration:

1. A room heater in the room doesnt mean centralized heating, but a heater with a single ligament which will not heat up the room. You can sit beside it and warm yourself.

2. Think twice before opting for the transport arranged by the hotel. We had Roshan lal, the driver, who fabulously took us to the snowy mountain peak for which we paid him extra. Thanks to him. However, he had mood swings and during the second day of our sight seeing, he seemed to be irritated as we did not opt to go to Kullu or some village where the falls and the fishing were and that he lost the chance to extract more money from us. When we were shopping at the Mall area, he was frequently calling us saying that he has to return back soon as he had some personal errands to run and that we should finish off our shopping. To make matters worse, he walked into the shop where we were getting the momentos of manali done and started hurrying us. Do not opt for this guy. In fact, if you walk across the bridge, there are plenty of auto rickshaws who would do the sight seeing at a much lesser price and with cheerful faces.

3. Hot water provided by the hotel is through geyser only. Which means that if a person finishes his/her bath to their satisfaction, the next one in queue will have to wait for the geyser to heat up and then go for the bath. Possibly, shortage of electricity in HImachal could be the reason for non-availability of a centralized water heating system. Unsure about other hotels.

On the whole, I would definitely recommend Hotel Vintage which is a budgeted and comfortable stay at Manali.

Thanks Sanjay

Regards,
Sathya
Hyderabad

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sathya_Hyd2012
Sanjay71, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Vintage, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Dear Sathya Sir,

Thank you for giving your precious time and sharing your views and wonderful experiences at Hotel Vintage. It was really overwhelming to know that you were satisfied with our efforts especially with our staff members and their services. Your appreciations motivates us to work with more enthusiasm. We will keep on trying doing work to satisfy our customers.

Regarding your complaints for taxi booking, I would like to bring to your notice that we just guide our customers in booking taxi there is no association with them as such. All these taxis are from union and every taxi wala tries to get most out of the customer even if you book from anywhere and it happens every where. You have to be little alert when you deal with them. Still we will definitely keep in mind that this thing never happens again as this spoils the image of our Hotel.