“Awesome Hotel ”
Review of Snow Peak Retreat

Snow Peak Retreat
Ranked #6 of 128 Hotels in Manali
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there fr around 4 days...It's a very good hotel fr stayin in manali...Located just near to Hidimba temple n manali museum...Scenery nearby is very good...u cn see snow covered mountains from ur room itself...Hospitality n staff is very gd too...I stayed there fr my 1st wedding anniversary n they made it special by sending a complimentary Cake n a beautiful flower bouquet ...it's was my best experience ever...I really recommend this hotel to stay....

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pranab S
Snow Peak R, Manager at Snow Peak Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2016

Dear Traveler. Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I’m happy that you enjoyed your stay and I’m looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Been there in the month of November. A very good hotel with all facilities. Very neat and clean rooms. Staff is good and responsive. I will suggest book Super Deluxe Rooom with Balcony and also take Breakfast and Dinner Package as Food is very costly.
Altogether a worth HOTEL to book. Go for it if you are a couple or family.

Note:
1) Eat Mutton from Frontier Dhaba located on Mall Road near Himcoop Juice bar.
2) This Hotel is far from Mall Road and less conveyance after 0700 PM. But dont worry, u will enjoy the aloofness.
3) For Chicken go for Sher-e-punjab (service is poor)
4) Always book Himachal Tourism Volvo (if you are punctual)
5) Avoid Private Volvo, if you do not want to get into a Seat allocation problem.

Room Tip: Take Super Deluxe Rooms with Brkfast and Dinner package.
4  Thank AVV333

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3N-4D in Nov 13 as a couple and were extremely pleased with the experience. The first time when I approached Luder to speak about the stay at 12:30 AM on one Friday then I believed the service would be really very good. We have reached Manali after an exhausting journey for 40 hours(Train+Road) from Kolkata.. However when we got our room, we felt so relaxed that after having lunch, we had gone to cover some sightseeing points..
The entire Himachal trip was arranged by Luder & Vivek at a reasonable rate so the itinerary was always with us..
We have gone with MAP plan where breakfast & dinner are included along-with the room, however due to less occupancy the first 2 days there was n o Buffet, so we ordered a-la-carte menu.. And boy, what a good food quality & room service was given for the same.. Simply brilliant..
They have gifted us so many things & amazing service.. And we have tried to return-gift something which people might find in the reception of the Hotel..

Room Tip: Deluxe Rooms on the 1st floors are the best..
3  Thank Arindamchak

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3 days in Nov 13 as a couple and were extremely pleased with the experience. The hotel is quite a distance away from Mall Road (where the Manali bus depot is located), but the hotel provides pick up facility.
We reached the hotel late in the evening, past sunset. The hotel is very well lit and looks very beautiful even in the night. The real surprise was in the morning; the view from the room is just breathtaking. You can see snow capped mountains even lying in your bed. All rooms have superb views of the Manali valley. The small but very well kept garden is also very beautiful.
Rooms are small but comfortable. There were some maintenance related issues (clogged drains, door latches that needed some jiggling before they worked), but these are minor. The hotel in general is very clean and well maintained.
The staff is very courteous and helpful. They will guide you very well in all aspects. We were even offered coffee in the garden after we had checked out and were waiting for the car, a very nice gesture on the part of the manager.

The hotel arranges for site seeing tours in Manali which is very convenient.

All in all this hotel has everything to be one of the best hotels in Manali; the right location, the right attitude and the right infrastructure. I would certainly like to return to this hotel, especially around August, when the hotel's apple orchards are in full bloom!

Room Tip: All rooms in the hotel have great views. If you want privacy, prefer rooms on the upper floors. I...
2  Thank Ajay_Patwardhan

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have spend 3night in few week ago, I got good experience, staff and the owner is very co op, and nice people, we like their food and location, it is marginally away from market, but very next to hid ameba temple, we have celebrated our Diwali and bew year over their,

Room Tip: Sorry no pool and finiteness center.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bhupen_9

Dear Guest. Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay and just around the corner. Call us if there is anything we can help you with.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Recently I visited Manali and stayed in this hotel. Hotel is new, very clean and provides very good accommodation. It is 2kms from the Mall Road and walk-able distance away from Hidimba temple. Since it is 2km above main Manali, it provides excellent view during night. Also it has a Apple Orchard just behind the hotel. I am planning to visit the place in next spring just to see that orchard in full bloom. Full is really great. After long I had really nice Chicken dishes. I must mention about Mr. Vivek and Mr. Luder Thakur. Actually their behavior made me rank this property to excellent (otherwise I would have given very good). If you are not afraid to stay 2kms away from Mall Road this is an excellent option.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nature_Lover_321

Dear Happy Guest. Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I’m sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Take care!

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

You come to manali to enjoy the serene beauty during these days, I can assure the best of which, you can get at this hotel.

Impeccable location and the best of view from each and every room. It is just about 300 meters from the Hadimba temple and a max of 800 meters from the mall road.
Room service is really prompt. Food is good, not excellent, only thing I felt was the menu lacked variety. But then you would not get 5* facilities at 3* price, a fact that should be in consideration.

Best thing is that the owners, mr. Luder and mr. Vivek are always available to help you.

All in all, it was great and a safe stay. Thank you all.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family