When I & my husband planned to visit Manali, our first preference was to choose Honeymoon Inn hotel because of our awesome stay in the property in Shimla last year. But unfortunately the hotel was full, so we opted for Park Paradise after checking its rating/reviews in TripAdvisor. But much to our disappointment, the Hotel turned out to be a total disaster and initially we thought it was just our experience but we spoke to 7 other couples who were staying there and everyone had same experience. So below is my experience:
1. Pick up/Drop - Not provided from Bus Stand to Hotel, even though it was in our package. When we asked to refund the money for pick up and drop, Mr. Teckchand refused in such a straight forward manner as if we had asked something unethical, something terrible. And in front of us, he refused 2 other couples in same manner for their cancelled 2 day tour.
2. Luxury Room - When we booked the hotel, we paid for a luxury room and we were shocked when Mr. Teckchand told us (at our arrival) that there is no Heater and that we will have to pay for heater extra. I mean really? A luxury room in a 3* Hotel without heater in Feb month???
3. Basic Emenities - I am a frequent traveler in India and Abroad but this is the first time in my travel life that a 3* Hotel does not provide 24x7 eletricity and even shocking was that they had electricity backups but they did not use it for more than 1 hour. We spent 2 nights without electricity, not even in washrooms and when we asked hotel staff, they gave us candles and a match-box. When we first saw match box in our washroom we were wondering what this is for, until all this happend.
4. Basic Emenities - In our 3 night-4 day stay, on 3 days there was no hot water and on 2 days there was not even water. When we called hotel staff, they provided 1 bucket of water from kitchen, 1 bucket water for 2 people in a 3* hotel in luxury room.. :) i mean, how worse can it get?
5. Food - Food was decent barring a few disasters like - constantly putting tons of cardamom in chinese food and soups, aloo parantha was made without aloo, worst maggi i ever had, most dishes had either too much of salt or too much of sugar. If you are a Delhite then you will never like chicken dishes here. Safest food here is dals and steamed or jeera rice. If you like your tea strong then please dont have tea here, coz if you ask them to make strong tea - they will make regular tea and then dip a tea bag and then serve which is really pathetic. All in all, if you have developed an excellent/good/average taste in Indian food then you wont like it here.
6. Greedy set of poeple - The hotel manager and a couple of people in staff are very greedy because they asked us and a few other couples, too much money for small favors. And they will charge in multiples of 100 Ruppees extra, so be very careful
7. Others - We were very surprised to know from our cab drivers and some of the local people there that Park Paradise has very bad reputation and it is not at all a good hotel. Would we had known this earlier we have never ever booked this hotel.
8. Location - This is pretty far from Mall road i.e. 2.5 - 3 kms approx and the streets do not have street light at evening/night. So if you like walking around in mall road or late night small walks etc then this is not the hotel you should stay in.
At Last - I would like to say that all of the above is very true and not at all hyped, and I hope poeple read this review and not choose this hotel. I do not wish anyone to go through what I have gone through.