“"The" Hotel with no Electricity, Hot Water in a Luxury Room.. need i say more?”

Hotel Park Paradise
Ranked #64 of 132 Hotels in Manali
Reviewed March 14, 2014

When I & my husband planned to visit Manali, our first preference was to choose Honeymoon Inn hotel because of our awesome stay in the property in Shimla last year. But unfortunately the hotel was full, so we opted for Park Paradise after checking its rating/reviews in TripAdvisor. But much to our disappointment, the Hotel turned out to be a total disaster and initially we thought it was just our experience but we spoke to 7 other couples who were staying there and everyone had same experience. So below is my experience:
1. Pick up/Drop - Not provided from Bus Stand to Hotel, even though it was in our package. When we asked to refund the money for pick up and drop, Mr. Teckchand refused in such a straight forward manner as if we had asked something unethical, something terrible. And in front of us, he refused 2 other couples in same manner for their cancelled 2 day tour.
2. Luxury Room - When we booked the hotel, we paid for a luxury room and we were shocked when Mr. Teckchand told us (at our arrival) that there is no Heater and that we will have to pay for heater extra. I mean really? A luxury room in a 3* Hotel without heater in Feb month???
3. Basic Emenities - I am a frequent traveler in India and Abroad but this is the first time in my travel life that a 3* Hotel does not provide 24x7 eletricity and even shocking was that they had electricity backups but they did not use it for more than 1 hour. We spent 2 nights without electricity, not even in washrooms and when we asked hotel staff, they gave us candles and a match-box. When we first saw match box in our washroom we were wondering what this is for, until all this happend.
4. Basic Emenities - In our 3 night-4 day stay, on 3 days there was no hot water and on 2 days there was not even water. When we called hotel staff, they provided 1 bucket of water from kitchen, 1 bucket water for 2 people in a 3* hotel in luxury room.. :) i mean, how worse can it get?
5. Food - Food was decent barring a few disasters like - constantly putting tons of cardamom in chinese food and soups, aloo parantha was made without aloo, worst maggi i ever had, most dishes had either too much of salt or too much of sugar. If you are a Delhite then you will never like chicken dishes here. Safest food here is dals and steamed or jeera rice. If you like your tea strong then please dont have tea here, coz if you ask them to make strong tea - they will make regular tea and then dip a tea bag and then serve which is really pathetic. All in all, if you have developed an excellent/good/average taste in Indian food then you wont like it here.
6. Greedy set of poeple - The hotel manager and a couple of people in staff are very greedy because they asked us and a few other couples, too much money for small favors. And they will charge in multiples of 100 Ruppees extra, so be very careful
7. Others - We were very surprised to know from our cab drivers and some of the local people there that Park Paradise has very bad reputation and it is not at all a good hotel. Would we had known this earlier we have never ever booked this hotel.
8. Location - This is pretty far from Mall road i.e. 2.5 - 3 kms approx and the streets do not have street light at evening/night. So if you like walking around in mall road or late night small walks etc then this is not the hotel you should stay in.

At Last - I would like to say that all of the above is very true and not at all hyped, and I hope poeple read this review and not choose this hotel. I do not wish anyone to go through what I have gone through.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
10  Thank 842Pooja

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I Recently visited the hotel, good rooms, as it was a Honeymoon package deal the service was good offered by India Holiday trips, welcome drink, cake, wine are nice. Stayed there for 3 days, everything was excellent. The hotel is at nice place Overall I am very much satisfied with the Package which was given by India Holiday Trips at very reasonable rates. I am also thankful to Bhupender Singh who make my Honeymoon trip more memorable.......................................

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rocky142
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This hotel makes your holiday experience memorable. The staff is so helpful and takes care of you. Food is amazing (non veg too).
I moved here from Out town and hence my holiday was spared to be the most horrid one..
I wish i moved and stayed at this place from the beginning.
I travelled with SIT and they suggested Out town. Please if anyone is suggested that hotel DO NOT go for it.
PArk Paradise is actually Paradise in its comparison!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank AG1_10
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Very welcoming people
They picked us up from the bus station
And were making us feel like more than home
The room we checked in was luxurious
Amazing view from the balcony
Overall a total value for money

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Avinasg
Reviewed December 26, 2013

In all my journeys, I have enjoyed this hotel the most. The service is flawless in every area. The restaurants are all done very well with wonderful service.The location is awesome, surrounded, the sit out area adjacent to restaurant is wonderful.The staff is very courteous and humble. Food quality is excellent with variety of choices. Room decor is marvellous. I found the place is more comfortable than staying in hussle n bussle place. I specially thanks to Mr. Tek Chand(Hotel Manager) who made our visit comfortable and we check out with unforgettable memories.

Room Tip: Rooms Interior is very good
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I visited manali in nov 2013 and booked park paradise hotel through Green Holiday Maker Pvt. Ltd. The stay was very pleasant everything in the hotel was superb........ the staff and management are giving very best services. loved to be here more than a native place. the staff and the food quality was best and the rates were also affordable. so enjoyed the stay in hotel park paradise manali and green holiday make pvt. ltd.

Room Tip: Luxury rooms are very good
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NPanwar
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights . Located in a peaceful location . Rooms are neat and clean . I liked the food they serve but not much variety .Overall it was a wonderful experience highly recommended.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony .
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple