“U should "Pause" at Manli.. Home away from Home...”
Review of Pause at Manali

Pause at Manali
Ranked #5 of 326 Manali B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Thinking of a Trip to Manali.. just book your rooms at Pause @ Manali... they are wonderful... the hospitality.. Cleanliness… Fixed menu... best food in manali.. They are very caring.. I stayed there for three nights for my Honeymoon.. it was a pleasant stay... we stayed in the 3rd Floor... nice view from our private balcony… U feel safe and secure, very friendly people at Pause @ Manali…even though we booked our own cab and tour plan, the owner all by himself checked the Taxi details @ Rohtang Pass and told us to start by 4.30 am., because of his advice only we reached and enjoyed at Rohtang Pass.. We checked those who started after 10 am came back without reaching rohtang pass that day.. No formal Check-in procedure.. They just took us to our room as soon as we get down from the car... even without asking my name...
Thanks…. Pause @ Manli team to make my Honeymoon a pleasant and memorable one...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Prabutils
Rohit S, Owner at Pause at Manali, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving such a wonderful feedback for us and fellow travelers. We are happy that we could make your honeymoon memorable for you, here is wishing you a wonderful happily married life.

Warm regards

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Travelling is my passion and I have experienced a zero to a 5 star rating hotels. Pause @ Manali proved to be the best so far in terms of service, value, cleanliness, location and especially the FOOD. It is located approximately 4 kms above Manali which gives you the best of the view from the hotel. Firstly I thought at such a height we wont get good quality food, but I was amazed as the first dish I asked for was really really nice. I visited the place with friends and my 11 year old Nephew also joined us for the trip. The owner Mr. Manu gave him the PS3 to enjoy his trip at the fullest. Manu is a kind of person who can arrange anything for you from anywhere in the world. We all (the group of 4) wanted to have a tattoo and he arranged an artist who actually came to the Pause, he gave him a room to stay overnight and we all got the wonderful experience of getting inked. The Pause, the friends and the tattoo will be there in my mind every time I plan my next holiday.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Mani_Arora

Thank you Guest!

We are happy that the Tattoo would remind of our place always, it was a pleasure to host you. We do look forward to seeing you soon sometime at pause.

Wonderful days ahead!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have stayed at some of the better hotels, and then some. But this experience turned out to be a stay at a friend's home.

There was no check-in. The owner, Manu smiled and said - "You have arrived, you are here, you've checked in". Quite interesting start.

Since we were on a package, the breakfast and dinner were included. Needless to say, it was good. There was no ACs in the room - but then, they weren't needed. I kept asking myself one question though - Why dont the bath showers in any of the hotels that I stayed in works? Afterall, this was the third hotel in this trip.

Manu turned out to be more than the owner of the hotel - a fun guy to hang out with.I have never seen any owner or a GM interact with guests like he did. Kudos!

This hotel stay was kind of jinxed - Cancelled trip to Jispa, Cancelled trip to Rohtang Pass due to non-availability of taxis, Cancelled paragliding and river-rafting. Cancellations and Cancellations. However, what ever time we spent there was time spent in heaven.

The hotel is located on a ridge, away from the main Manali road, which was good for us. Ample parking space for 4-5 cars.

I would recommend room 302 for its best view. Actually, on the top floor, there are only 3 rooms. 302 offers the best view, since it offers the views of both 301 and 303 due to an L shaped balcony.

Room Tip: I would recommend room 302 for its best view. Actually, on the top floor, there are only 3 rooms. 30...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gauravs2005
Rohit S, Owner at Pause at Manali, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Guest!

Pause is indeed a home away from home and a friends place as you rightfully said. Thank you for leaving such a lovely feedback for fellow travelers.

We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were quiet depressed when we reached manali..the roads were full of ppl and it was hot..our hotel turned out to b average. We went to look for another one and thks to that god sent angel who directed us to Pause..we were spellbound. .just 4 kms above manali road and it was heaven. .the cottage is too good. .I actually cleaned my room myself at the time of chk out as I wanted it to look beautiful. .room service was supereb..food excellent. Never expected such high quality hygienic food on a trip..our 3 yr old loved the food and gobbled it as soon as it was on table. I actually went down to kitchen and it simply looked like home..nice clean n hygenic. Manu the co owner of this place is one of tbe nicest person we met so far on a trip.the staff doesnt bother about etty expenses/add on service guest may ask . .they just want guests to enjoy thier stay.manu gave us genuine information abt manali . He encouraged us to go for walks and we loved it. This man loves his work and that shows . Thanks manu and the enitre pause team..its simply beautiful. .very very good place.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank ratimonga
Rohit S, Owner at Pause at Manali, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Dear Guest!

We are glad you came to us, was a pleasure to host you. Like you rightfully said, our objective is just to make sure the guest enjoys themselves while at pause.

We do hope to see you son again in future.

Warm regards
Team pause

Reviewed June 10, 2013

After visiting to Andaman Islands, staying there and experiencing the great hospitality by staff at one of the resorts my expectation level from any hotel/resort has unconsciously increased. For this year’s summer vacations we decided to visit Manali. But after that a million dollar question that came to our mind- “Which place to pick for a comfortable and interesting stay”. And as usual my husband looked up to tripadvisor. Well, this time I didn’t participate in deciding it, it was his decision; but then finally when we reached Manali my family and me were awestruck by the landscape that we saw from the hotel.

Decision to stay at Pause@Manali gave us a feeling of visiting someone’s home. And when I say that i have number of reasons for it, it’s because, firstly, the owner and organizer there- Mr Manu Seth, he was in constant touch with us as our arrival got delayed by many hours; finally when we reached Manali his gesture by saying that “I’ll get the food prepared for you by the time you reach the hotel”- gave a feeling of an esteemed guest or like he knew us from before! Finally, when we reached at the Manali toll, he came himself along with a hotel staff (Jiten). I must say both were induced with some great hospitality. They greeted us with cherries and strawberries :)

Then started the small journey to Pause@Manali. It was on one of the mountains and I was wondering when we would reach there. On asking Jiten (he accompanied us) he showed us the hotel by pointing at a 2 floor building, and my mouth dropped open to see that we would be staying at such a great height. My excitement had already risen by then! Once we reached there, Manu showed us the cottage (I’d rather call it a cottage then a hotel; hotel would be too cold to call it so). If other reviewers have called it a HOME AWAY FROM HOME, then i completely second their thought. He gave us the ground floor, which had three rooms and a connecting common area and the entry to the kitchen. Well, this set up made us feel like we were at some one’s home (saying it again). A 3BHK with drawing and kitchen; this setup was the most appealing and unique to me. Although he showed us the other floors, too, but we preferred this one; it gave us complete privacy.

Stay at this place has been really unique. The food was specially cooked on our demand. Manu asked us what we would like to eat and then at times he made it by himself (the new ones he was good at). He has been like a real hospitality expert. For a number of times we invited him to join us for drinks and food and he had been gracious enough to say yes to us. Manu also suggested us for rafting, which initially we were not planning looking at the fast paced and full of rapids- Beas River. We were totally clueless on our itinerary; he helped us make a perfect one, including the main site seeing areas. The best one was the trekking that we did with him at a lesser known area which was beyond the Kanyal village. It lead to an amazing waterfall; it had the ice cold and clear water flowing with sights of glaciers covered with dry leaves, this mesmerized us to take a dip in the freezing water. After that we had our humble lunch and one of the guides (Raju) made us refreshing cold coffee from the fresh cold running water from the waterfall- what an experience i must say. Raju and another guide who was leading us told us some interesting stories from the secrets of Himachal. I must say Himachal has lots to enthral you.

Another gesture by Pause@Manali was the special bonfire and barbeque that was arranged for us. Scrumptious barbequed chicken and fresh vegetable salad was a complete starter for the night. What more would you dream in a place like Manali- dark and cold night with shiny moon in the sky- one side jungle and the other side valley plus barbeques and fire.

Talking of the interior of Pause@manali, i would say it’s rich and comfy. The wooden floor and ceilings, the furniture beddings were great comforters. Neat and clean washrooms, towels and bedsheet and importantly the serving staff will turn out to be value for money. It has a great view which you will remember when you will come back to your city. You will forget everything but the sight of the river gushing and the small building and roads you will see from its high height in the valley.

All you guys who are planning to go to Manali, Pause would be a good choice!

Room Tip: If you are with family or friends then pick a room on GF, otherwise as a couple upper floors would b...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Travelling_Charu

Dear Guest!

Thank you for staying with us, we are happy we could live up to your expectations.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I loved Pause as it was so cozy and homely. It was not like typical cottage or hotel. Especially if you have book the complete floor, you belong to the place. The interiors and the furniture were very comfortable and relaxing. I have gone Manali with my family and wanted to enjoy every bit of our stay. It was truly unexpectedly wonderful and adventurous. Adventurous because of the people of Pause, first time I have done trekking with my family, thanks to Manu uncle and his team. I will never forget this trip, thanks to Pause which gave altogether a different experience. I loved the food and service. I cannot miss specifying the welcome by ‘Cherries and Strawberries’ by Jetain uncle at the toll of Manali, it was so warm welcome by him and Manu uncle that we all forgot our tiring journey from Delhi.

I must say even after coming back to Delhi after our 5 days stay at pause, we all are missing the place and people. Whenever I get chance, I would like to Pause at Manali!

Ishank Sahu

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank IshuDelhi
Rohit S, Owner at Pause at Manali, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your feedback, this must be the from one of the youngest guest of ours, really appreciate the gesture. We enjoyed been on trek with you, we do look forward to having you with us in near future.

Best of luck!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

A very nice family place to stay, with humble and courteous staff. The Manager too is very cooperative and helps with ample of information required. Thanks to Mr. Manu & Mr. Rohit seth for being the best guide to make our tour successful. The food was very specific, as per our requirement. Moreover, we experienced best @ hotel itself, with a fantastic view. It was a lifetime and unforgettable experience at Pause @ Manali.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Rohit S, Owner at Pause at Manali, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your valuable feedback on TA, appreciate your time and gesture. It was a pleasure to have you, we do look forward to soon again at Pause@manali.