“Feels like heaven...”
Review of Pause at Manali

Pause at Manali
Ranked #5 of 307 Manali B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I travelled with my wife during the first week of January 2013 and stayed at Pause for 2 nights. I must say this is a once-in-a lifetime sort of experience. We put up at Room 302, which comes with private balcony from where you have the majestic view of ice covered mountains and the river flowing at a distance. This place is about 4 Km away from the town and so you do not get the city-crowd as well.

Mr. Rohit and Mr. Manu are probably the best of the hosts, who takes every effort to ensure that you have a comfortable stay. Pause is a relatively new property and this is evident the moment you step into the rooms which have stylish interiors, great furniture and ample space.

The best part of Pause is probably the swiftness of their service. Food is great, and comes piping hot in a few minutes after you order them. The only miss that we had is the apple-orchards, which surround Pause…so the next time I plan to visit the apple-orchards, I know for sure I am putting up at Pause@Manali.

Finally, a personal thank-you to Rohitji, Manuji and Jiten for making our trip so memorable and creating a heaven-on-earth called”Pause@Manali”.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Arnab M
Rohit S, Owner at Pause at Manali, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Guest!

Thank you for such kind words and also for taking out time and posting your feedback. It was indeed a pleasure to host you, we do look forward to seeing you during apple harvesting when the whole surrounding is in full bloom and one gets to enjoy the best himachali apples

warm regards

There are newer reviews for Pause at Manali

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Let me start by saying "Fantastic"- The experience of staying at Pause has been truly brilliant. With its magnificent view, the great beauty of Manali and it's beautiful valleys are captured in it's entirety by sitting in the balcony. Wonderful and attentive and smiling staff, the hotel's wooden touch, a very special thanks to Manu for extending all assistance to us fr a wonderful hospitable and truly remarkable holiday. Thanks guys...and also to Rohit for managing all our bookings with utmost ease and professionalism.

Well done team PAUSE..!! You guys rock..! Gaurav.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank gshirke1
Rohit S, Owner at Pause at Manali, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to host you, happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you soon again

Regards

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We Visited the place in Jan 2nd 2013 and our experience was fantastic. We are 4 Adults and 4 kids and we booked the complete first floor where we had 3 rooms fully heated and warm and the drawing room where the kids had a lot of space to play around. The beds are big and well maintained. The bathrooms are huge and very clean with bath tub's and 24 hours hot water. The property is beautiful and the best part is that its off the main road so you just get to be with your self.

Its so beautiful to see the rising sun every morning with a hot mug of coffee from the big hug balcony and sitting in your rocking chair or the bean bags.

Regarding the hospitality of the Staff .... I have no words to say. I can only say that god bless yo guys and may you all be together as a team to serve people the way you are doing. We had hot milk, tea, coffee, warm water and Ice cubes at 1.00 in the night when the Temperature outside was -4 and i did not see a frown on any staff's face. There was always a Smile and then 9.00 in the morning the same person Smiling with hot Pratha's and not to miss the Trout ... i just loved having those grilled fish cooked on wood so much that we had to extend our trip. Just did not want to come back.

A big thanks to Rohit for getting all the arrangement done including the travel and getting the tickets changed at last moment because we were not willing to move out. Manu you were a great Host. Thanks for everything.

Room Tip: Away from crowd and noise... Excellent Scenic beauty
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank dkukreja4
Rohit S, Owner at Pause at Manali, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure to have you with us, we enjoyed hosting you. We do look forward to having you with us soon again.

Season Greetings

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed with my Wife and Kids at Pause @ Manali between 25-28 December 2012. Let me share the views from all of the family members.

1. I loved the cottage, its interior, big rooms and the comfort level which it provides. Adding to that is the warm welcoming Staff, Food & Scenic View.
2. My wife loved the snow covered mountains view from Room Window & Balcony. The weather was too good to enjoy.
3. My 12 years daughter wanted to stay for some more time to enjoy the holiday in the valley just because the Pause @ Manali location.
4. Last but not least, My son loved everything but more than everything he loved the Play Station provided by Mr. Manu Seth. He enjoyed the gaming experience with the very well supporting staff.

I would highly recommend this place. Its beautiful, location is awesome, Home like feeling, Food, Staff and cost....

Rating: 5/5

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank TejP_13
Rohit S, Owner at Pause at Manali, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to host you. We are happy that your son enjoyed playing on the play-station, we are working towards adding more things to do for the kids, hopefully on your next visit, we would have something new for him.......

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Greetings to all members of team pause. Went to Pause@Manali after reading the reviews on tripadvisor and was happy that my selection was right. We (me and my wife) stayed at pause from 19.12 to 23.12 and we really enjoyed the stay. PAUSE(Mr. Rohit) arranged our complete Delhi-Manali-Delhi trip. Mr. Rohit is really nice and always helped me). The best thing about the hotel is its staff and care for the guests. The location is awesome, situated at mountain with clear views of whole town, the Himalayan range and high peaks.. The rooms are neat and clean and sunlight available since 8 am to 4 pm even inside the room. Others must learn from pause what hospitality is. The team is so attentive, always ready to serve the guests. I am impressed. A small incident, We were visiting a fish farm near manali and wanted to have some fresh trout fish in dinner. We just made a casual phone call to hotel and they were ready to cook the fish for us. And they did, what a great taste (thanks to Mr. Rajendra). The presentation as well as taste was superb (photo uploaded). The food is just excellent, specially the parathas they make. Mr. Manu and Jitin helped us throughout the stay. I celebrated my birthday there too. And was impressed by the arrangements they made for this special day. I will always remember our driver Mr. Sundar. He is a very nice person and a very good guide. When he dropped us at bus stand, he carried a special gift for us. I will never forget how overwhelmed he was. We never had a feeling that we are at a new place. Mr. Manu and Jitin always attended us and never let us bored. Mr. Jitin picked us personally from bus stand at 6 am while the weather was freezing. In spare time, we talked for hours and hours and they were telling us the details of Himachal, the heritage, the culture and every little detail we wanted to know. We were delighted when we reached home with sweet memories. Our whole trip was without any flaws. Just one word comes for the team…….Thanks guys. You all won our heart completely. And I promise we’ll visit you again, very soon and will explore your other properties too. Thanks again guys and may God bless the whole team.

Room Tip: Mine was 302. And This is the best room as it has a big private balcony and sunlight comes from morn...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank abhayjsr
Rohit S, Owner at Pause at Manali, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving such kind words regarding our staff and property, we are so happy that your trip with us was memorable. We do look forward to hosting you in future.

Happy New Year!

Regards

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed at Pause@Manali just after the dusshera festival with my whole family.I booked two room.We enjoyed excellent level of hospitality by Mr.Manu and his guest-friendly team.The best part of the hotel is that it has very good scenic beauty from its balcony.Almost whole Manali may be seen from here.At present, I am posted in Bhuntar (Kullu) consequently I regularly visit Manali with family.I had stayed in different hotels-including the top ones-in the Manali,but this one I found best among all.The calm and serenity that you enjoy from here is the superb.And apart from hospitality,the best part of the hotel is the heavy wood-work which you will have unstoppable desire to be in your house as it is.
I wish a great success for Mr.Manu and his team in future.
Thnaks n Regards

MANAS DWIVEDI
BHUNTAR(KULLU)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Rohit S, Owner at Pause at Manali, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Dear Guest!

Thank you so much for taking time to leave you feedback, it feels great to receive such lovely feedback from a gentlemen from Himachal itself. Pause was developed to be a quiet, scenic place in Manali. We are glad you enjoyed yourself at our little place, we look forward to welcoming you soon again.

Season Greetings!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

jst back from manali after my christmas holidays and booked pause jst by reading the reviews.. well it was home away from home for myself and my wife infact i will say that do pause at pause to feel the experience. myself and my wife felt very happy being at pause

team consisting of manu,rohit, jiten, joginder are preety good at what they deliver may it be in terms of food,hospitality,advice etc and are always there for you to help as and when required.they make u feel so special that u love the place more and more....

now regarding the cottage - neat and clean cottage with big rooms, well spaced balcony,homely freshly served food and an awesome view from the balcony booked at the top floor which i feel is the best in the lot.

the cottage is lil away from the hussel bussel of the city but to enjoy the view you need to be at the top and i feel pause is the right place as i could see the snow capped mountains right in front of the room balcony...

i bet u will not regret being there...... great work team pause thnx puneet and ashu.

Room Tip: room at the top floor with private balcony and a view of the snow capped mountains
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest!

Thank you for taking out time to leave such a lovely feedback for us, we are happy you really enjoyed yourself at the property. You should plan your next trip when our orchards are full of apple, thats again something you will enjoy.......

Wishing you all the very best this season. Happy New Year!

Warm Regards